Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

Ford sells 100 real F 150's ......per hour.

Ford sells a lot of trucks, now they'll sell more by reaching new markets.

I dont know a single truck guy that would buy an electric truck.
As was mentioned it's mainly going to sell to gov.
The damn thing weighs 6200 lbs making it pretty useless off road.

I guess you don't understand the term "new markets".

Imagine a home building contractor owning one of these to drive 50 miles to a job site and using it to haul and power their tools because the new home they are working on isn't plugged in.

I bet this winter plenty of Texans wished they had one of these plugged into their garage powering their house for a few days.

Not everyone wants exactly what you want. Do I think Ford knows more about their business than you do considering they sell more trucks than anyone else? Yep.

#121: And you’ll be defining an electric truck? Other things going on in Europe damn sure aren’t a Ford-150.

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Thats a very good prediction. I’m disappointed I didn’t say it first.

People buy cars based on their weight or based on how much they can haul? Nobody cares how much a Tesla weighs or the old/new Hummers.

These trucks could make excellent fleet vehicles that stay within urban centers. With the exception of range these can be excellent work trucks, they start off every morning with a full tank, they have an onboard generator for electric tools and their maintenance like most EVs should be about half the cost of gas vehicles.

I'm really thinking you guys are letting your ulterior motives cloud your opinions.

I’m just agreeing that local governments are going to be buying these like crazy and Ford knows it. The capacity and the quality of the truck is irrelevant at this point. That might be a discussion in a few years once the guinea pigs are finished.

I hope they do. That will help improve the vehicle and push us closer to being less reliant on fossil fuels. They also appear to have a pretty good warranty and won't require as much maintenance.

The electric truck will become standard and accepted by everyone in the near future until a new technology comes along and we have to hear some folks whine about that change.
Truck owners who actually use the truck for work will decode if it meets expectations or not

It appears to have limited range under load

Of course libs who only own a truck to make themselves seem manly may only carry a bag of groceries so payload does not matter

Payload is not this trucks challenge. It's range, nothing more, nothing less.

Imagine a home building contractor owning one of these to drive 50 miles to a job site and using it to haul and power their tools because the new home they are working on isn't plugged in.

What you fail to make an allowance for is that, if there's no place to plug in tools at a job site, there sure as fuck won't be anywhere to plug in an electric vehicle to recharge it.

Helluva' try, though...

Range will not be an issue once Ford’s less-than-brilliant designers realize that they learned nothing when we had filling stations. If the dumb bunnies can’t come up with a universally exchangeable battery (or even a part of one), so traditional to petroleum addiction, you should not give them any money. The future will crucify the Range Pimp with ready-to-go vending-machine batteries, if not for cars, certainly for other EVs. This future system will also better be able to boycott the Chinese commie roosterfish that sell you so much already.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

I can't argue against those dumbasses with Diesels stinking up the air all around them.
Hate them fucking things

and how much food do you eat that is powered from a gas, or electric vheicle.

He probably thinks that electric combines and tractors are going to farm all the food he eats.

I swear these Moon Bats are all idiots that have no ability to think.

There probably will be electric combines and tractors before too long. Our freight trains are electric.

What you fail to make an allowance for is that, if there's no place to plug in tools at a job site, there sure as fuck won't be anywhere to plug in an electric vehicle to recharge it.

Helluva' try, though...

If you're not driving that far you won't need to. It's also not like you can't almost completely charge these in less than an hour at a quick charger anyway and then you have hours and hours of power.

I think you're underestimating how much the battery can hold.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

I can't argue against those dumbasses with Diesels stinking up the air all around them.
Hate them fucking things

He probably thinks that electric combines and tractors are going to farm all the food he eats.

There probably will be electric combines and tractors before too long. Our freight trains are electric.

Now that the Transit is also going to have an electric option I'm interested to see if they can make a campervan or even a small class C RV with one of these. Range on the Transit will only be 120-130 miles or so and that sucks right now for an RV but it's about getting the platform started.

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

People buy cars based on their weight or based on how much they can haul? Nobody cares how much a Tesla weighs or the old/new Hummers.

These trucks could make excellent fleet vehicles that stay within urban centers. With the exception of range these can be excellent work trucks, they start off every morning with a full tank, they have an onboard generator for electric tools and their maintenance like most EVs should be about half the cost of gas vehicles.

I'm really thinking you guys are letting your ulterior motives cloud your opinions.

I’m just agreeing that local governments are going to be buying these like crazy and Ford knows it. The capacity and the quality of the truck is irrelevant at this point. That might be a discussion in a few years once the guinea pigs are finished.

I hope they do. That will help improve the vehicle and push us closer to being less reliant on fossil fuels. They also appear to have a pretty good warranty and won't require as much maintenance.
How can EV make us "less reliant on fossil fuels" when they are going to charged by mostly fossil fuel power generation?

You do know that the batteries do not produce energy, don't you? All they do is (poorly) store electricity generated elsewhere.

About maintenance. After a few years of operation they will all need to have their batteries replaced, at a tremendous cost. This is after they have been losing efficiency.

Another thing. Why would you want your family driving down the road on a ton of batteries that the USPS won't even allow to be shipped parcel post?

The way we are studying to crucify the Range Pimp is to have the solar panels mounted on the moving vehicle. We will add the second 100W panel soon.

Hate them fucking things

I have no clue... a lot... you have a point here somewhere?
I suppose it is about semi trailers?
I was talking about the dumbasses driving diesel pickups with stacks/large exhaust spewing out shit with every take off. Dumbasses.

A diesel pickup doesn't have to have all that smoke.

A fair question. Are the electric vehicle quiet? Because there are Deplorables who ride those trucks loud! And that may not be a selling point.

Yes, and some jack them up with big tires, and lots of lights and such, but I don't think the majority f people do that.

I bet this winter plenty of Texans wished they had one of these plugged into their garage powering their house for a few days.

Not everyone wants exactly what you want. Do I think Ford knows more about their business than you do considering they sell more trucks than anyone else? Yep.
You put to much emphasis on Ford knowing their business. Brand loyalty means a lot also. If they were that good with business they and GM would not be slowly getting out of the passenger car business. And it may be sooner rather then later.

Hate them fucking things

You dumb shit. Unless the power grid is serviced by a nuclear power plant electric trains are powered by fossil fuel power generation.

You Moon Bat idiots think that EV batteries generate electricity, don't you? You are too dumb to know that they only store electricity that has been (mostly) generated by fossil fuels.

You have no idea how much power it would take to charge up all the farm tractors, combines and tractors in the US, do you? No less the trucks and trains needed for food distribution.

No, #133, we disagree. Mom-and-pop recharging stations will bring American jobs to locals. If they start out and even continue using the grid for recharging, it still makes for an economy that does not rely on Chinese lithium. Boycott their lithium by keeping the lithium that you already have purchased. If the Chinese develop a better lithium recycling system, your lithium will be shipped back to the commie mainland, and you will remain dependent. Haven’t you had enough dependency yet?

How can EV make us "less reliant on fossil fuels" when they are going to charged by mostly fossil fuel power generation?
The combustion engine isn't as efficient as a power plant. And not all power generation is the same. As our sources of energy become more green then so will our transportation. And whether you like it or not, that's happening.

But let's go with a real world example that didn't really exist 10 or 15 years ago. That would be home solar. I have solar and I could park and charge this truck in my garage and fill it up for free. Currently I'm selling power back to the utility company so I have energy to spare, so do millions of others who already have solar.

Now with home solar you won't be able to fill up at night however home battery systems that will store electricity from your solar panels are increasing in use as they become more affordable so that will also help to charge the vehicles with zero emissions and on your own system, no need to employ a utility company at all.

However, like I said those utility companies will also continue to transition away from coal.

You do know that the batteries do not produce energy, don't you? All they do is (poorly) store electricity generated elsewhere.

I think everyone has a basic understanding that batteries store not generate power, but I dig your oversimplified and inept 'own the libs' strategy.

About maintenance. After a few years of operation they will all need to have their batteries replaced, at a tremendous cost. This is after they have been losing efficiency.

A few? How many years? How much has the EV user saved by fewer moving parts breaking and needing replacement, oil changes and other maintenance items that EVs don't require let alone cheaper energy costs?

Another thing. Why would you want your family driving down the road on a ton of batteries that the USPS won't even allow to be shipped parcel post?

Right, strap them down to a 20-50 gallon tank of flammable liquid instead. Have you tried shipping a gallon of gas?

You put to much emphasis on Ford knowing their business. Brand loyalty means a lot also. If they were that good with business they and GM would not be slowly getting out of the passenger car business. And it may be sooner rather then later.

I put more emphasis on Ford knowing their business than you guys know their business. Is that too much? Nope.

I have no idea what that has to do with Ford focusing on building the types of cars that Americans buy, but I guess in a way that just demonstrates they know more than you.

I also think Ford knows a thing or two about brand loyalty.

Forum List

Back