Foreign aid to Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala being cut by our great President.

Trump is cutting foreign aid to three shithole countries that are flooding us with migrants. MAGA!

"While the president has threatened these cuts before, this time the administration is actually following through.

Trump said the funds totaled $500 million, but it wasn’t clear Friday if that figure was accurate. The State Department announced in December that the U.S. would mobilize $5.8 billion in public and private american investment to these three countries.

“We’re not paying them anymore because they haven’t done a thing for us,” he added."

Trump cuts all direct assistance to Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala
How do you imagine cutting funds from these countries will discourage people from leaving them?
They can leave, they will face a big wall if they come this way! We do not owe the world a living.

Trump is cutting foreign aid to three shithole countries that are flooding us with migrants. MAGA!

"While the president has threatened these cuts before, this time the administration is actually following through.

Trump said the funds totaled $500 million, but it wasn’t clear Friday if that figure was accurate. The State Department announced in December that the U.S. would mobilize $5.8 billion in public and private american investment to these three countries.

“We’re not paying them anymore because they haven’t done a thing for us,” he added."

Well, that oughta fix things. Make those countries even poorer; that'll keep all those pesky people from leaving home and coming here.
Yeah, keep giving them money when they do this shit to us...good plan.....
You think that aid goes to the people? Wow you're naive

From the OP article: 'Trump said the funds totaled $500 million,'

$500 million total. Big fucking deal. That equals about 1/2,000'th of the deficit Trump is running. So fucking what?
But his xenophobic, ignorant, mostly uneducated Trumpbots will cheer this because they are xenophobic, ignorant, mostly uneducated minions.
This is nothing but throwing a bone to his Nuremberg Rally-type base.

He still gives many, MANY billions to countries in the form of military aid. ALL of which is wrong and should be stopped IMMEDIATELY.

I don't like America giving aid (you NEVER give money to countries...they just blow most of it on corruption. You give them 'stuff'...but NEVER cash.). But I sure as hell would rather they gave money to poor countries for food/shelter/etc. then give money to countries for weapons.
You give them 'stuff'...but NEVER cash.
I agree.
Who pays for the “stuff” YOU want to give them?
Who pays for the thousands upon thousands of people who are coming to our borders every day? Every week?
That’s why we need to invest in a big beautiful wall.

Watch towers with eager, ready and able snipers around the clock and land mines would be far more effective and far less expensive.

Worked splendidly between the West and the Soviet Block for 45 years and was known as the Iron Curtain.

Amazing how fast we forget.

$500 million total. Big fucking deal. That equals about 1/2,000'th of the deficit Trump is running. So fucking what?
But his xenophobic, ignorant, mostly uneducated Trumpbots will cheer this because they are xenophobic, ignorant, mostly uneducated minions.

He still gives many, MANY billions to countries in the form of military aid. ALL of which is wrong and should be stopped IMMEDIATELY.

I don't like America giving aid (you NEVER give money to countries...they just blow most of it on corruption. You give them 'stuff'...but NEVER cash.). But I sure as hell would rather they gave money to poor countries for food/shelter/etc. then give money to countries for weapons.
I agree.
Who pays for the thousands upon thousands of people who are coming to our borders every day? Every week?
That’s why we need to invest in a big beautiful wall.

Watch towers with eager, ready and able snipers around the clock and land mines would be far more effective and far less expensive.

Worked splendidly between the West and the Soviet Block for 45 years and was known as the Iron Curtain.

--------------------------------- and they'd only have to man the WALL for one day and a few shots . We could also learn a whole lot by watching how the Israelis repel their invaders FJO .

Sooooo being like the Soviets is the answer.

------------------------------- imo , sure , why not , snipers would stop the invasion fast in its track and none of the BS that is going on with asylum , courts , feeding and housing the invaders JWB .

Difference is that the Soviets tried to keep people IN.

But, if the method produces the best results........ WHY NOT?

If the news of one invader shot or blown up got out it would scare other potential invaders to try.

I agree.
George Soros and Cartels!

How do you imagine cutting funds from these countries will discourage people from leaving them?

It doesn't. It makes the governments want to do more to get that money back. Let them discourage their own people anyway they can. When they are successful, Trump will reinstate our support for them.

Well, that oughta fix things. Make those countries even poorer; that'll keep all those pesky people from leaving home and coming here.
Well, dumb fuck, paying them the money hasn’t stopped them from coming. And if we stop paying they’ll still be coming, which would then mean actually that all along we’d been paying them to come. So in a sense what Trump is telling them is, you’re fired!
We were sending them peanuts before. Suddenly, we were going to send real assistance--transformational amounts--that might actually give these people the chance to earn a living where they're at. No one wants to move if they've got an okay life at home. If that close to 6 billion in aid was appropriately thought out and as much as possible, noncorruptible, it could have been an eventual game changer.
Fuck wanting to move. Anyone worth a fuck is willing to fight. To risk it all. The last thing a country of “free men”, and intrepid spirits needs; is a bunch of cowardly do nothing mother fuckers, looking for easy street, and a free ride....

Until they are backed into a corner, they will not fight or make change. There is always the good ole USA to run to.

It

It doesn't. It makes the governments want to do more to get that money back. Let them discourage their own people anyway they can. When they are successful, Trump will reinstate our support for them.
It's like saying 'You're poor, disabled and homeless. We're stopping money from getting into your hands. Once you're rich, we'll give you something me cash.'

It

It's like saying 'You're poor, disabled and homeless. We're stopping money from getting into your hands. Once you're rich, we'll give you something me cash.'

No, it's like saying take care of yourself. Government aid is not the go to answer for poverty.

It

No, it's like saying taxpayers are supporting an organization to help get homeless people off the streets. When there is no positive results, we quit funding that organization because they are not living up to their end of the agreement.

When these foreigners get here and start working, they send our US dollars back to those countries. You mean to tell me those governments are doing everything they can to stop that US cashflow? I don't think so.

Yeah, when the media is there, they like to put on a show. But the hoards of people break through their makeshift barriers and they just say "Gosh darn it, we tried, oh well!"

Hit em in the pocketbook I always say. Let the government stop the next group planning on heading this way. It sure as hell beats us doing it.

It

No, it's like saying taxpayers are supporting an organization to help get homeless people off the streets. When there is no positive results, we quit funding that organization because they are not living up to their end of the agreement.

When these foreigners get here and start working, they send our US dollars back to those countries. You mean to tell me those governments are doing everything they can to stop that US cashflow? I don't think so.

Yeah, when the media is there, they like to put on a show. But the hoards of people break through their makeshift barriers and they just say "Gosh darn it, we tried, oh well!"

Hit em in the pocketbook I always say. Let the government stop the next group planning on heading this way. It sure as hell beats us doing it.
How much immigrant cash going overseas is a problem? Do you mind the wealthy squirreling their money away in off shore accounts?

And why is immigrant cash going overseas "our US dollars" and not the earnings of immigrants?

It

How much immigrant cash going overseas is a problem? Do you mind the wealthy squirreling their money away in off shore accounts?

And why is immigrant cash going overseas "our US dollars" and not the earnings of immigrants?

Because it is our US dollars. It's money Americans should have in our country to circulate. They came here, took jobs Americans should have had, and sent the money they earned back to their country. It's been going on for some time now. But that's not why I made the point.

The point I made is that their governments wink-wink and nod-nod, but in realty are doing very little to stop their people from invading our country. Why? Because it benefits them when they do come here. So if Trump stops sending them money, it will encourage them to do much more to stop this flow of illegals.

It's not our responsibility to fix them and clearly the aid isn't working if they are still coming here

Forum List

Back