Forgiveness

Generally, forgiveness involves radically accepting that the unacceptable happened.

I have heard many people here say that some things are unforgivable. I think certain actions are unforgivable, but the people behind the actions can be forgiven.

They are NOT the action.

Does forgiveness involve beating people to death with a baseball bat?

Standard Disclaimer: If so, I may have to reevaluate this whole religion thingy.....

*whiplash*

OK. I guess we're talking about Foxfyre now, not TM.

:lol:

Well, I suppose starting a thread about 'dreaming' about beating Foxfyre to death with a baseball bat is about as direct as you can get to saying you want to do the act itself.

Baby steps.

First of all, I never stated that FF was the subject of the dream. A dream has many meanings and none of them are literal.

I don't like FF's threads and posts. I'm very clear on that, and I challenge her view.

I wouldn't ever hit anyone with a baseball bat. I know EXACTLY what the dream means, and it is NOT related to the forum at all.
Of course you didn't say Foxfyre was the subject of the dream. That would not be passive enough for your aggression. You only went on and on for days about how FF was holier-than-thou, then you posted your infamous dream about wanting to beat a poster to death with a baseball bat and that poster was 'holier-than-thou'.

I know the dream upset you a lot. It upset you, not because you wanted to murder a poster, but because you were frustrated that you couldn't beat her to death, even though you were trying so hard to do so.

Yes, that is disturbing.

That's your interpretation. It's wrong.

The dream had no literal truth. I have no interest in batting FF or any forum member to death with a baseball bat. I work for a domestic violence and sexual assault victim advocate program. Violent imagery is a part of my life.

All aspects of a dream are symbolic and relate to inner workings. You have not studied dream psychology or you would know that.

Carl Jung, Fritz Perls and Eugene Gendlin address the meaning of dreams. Do some research.

It's another great topic. Too bad I can't discuss it with you. You've already made up your mind what MY dream meant.

The dreamer is the authority on her own dream. You are not.

You're trying to pick a fight with me. I'm not going there with you.

:lol: More reason to question your real motivation behind this thread, Sky.

See, I find it interesting that just a day before you started this thread, you told another poster that you were "done with" her. You were quite mad with that poster and seemed quite hurt with that poster.

Then, this amorphous thread popped up.

:eusa_think:

Foxfyre reduced Sky's arguments to rubble, and Sky to tears again, huh?

I love it when she does that! :D

Generally, forgiveness involves radically accepting that the unacceptable happened.

I have heard many people here say that some things are unforgivable. I think certain actions are unforgivable, but the people behind the actions can be forgiven.

They are NOT the action.
If you don't have a time machine, is there any other choice than accepting?

Denial is a choice, too. But, you know it happened.

Dissociating is also a choice. But, you know it happened.

They are NOT the action.

Does forgiveness involve beating people to death with a baseball bat?

Standard Disclaimer: If so, I may have to reevaluate this whole religion thingy.....

Do you think dreams are literal? Obviously, you do. I don't.

The dream had no literal truth. I have no interest in batting FF or any forum member to death with a baseball bat. I work for a domestic violence and sexual assault victim advocate program. Violent imagery is a part of my life.

All aspects of a dream are symbolic and relate to inner workings. You have not studied dream psychology or you would know that.

Carl Jung, Fritz Perls and Eugene Gendlin address the meaning of dreams. Do some research.

It's another great topic. Too bad I can't discuss it with you. You've already made up your mind what MY dream meant.

I know that I don't want to pick a fight with you.

You beat people to death with baseball bats, don't want any of that.

:eusa_pray:

They are NOT the action.

I don't understand this post at all. What are you talking about?

Yes, I had a dream. I related the dream on a thread. You interpreted it one way, literally.

I did not. It was my dream.

I know that I don't want to pick a fight with you.

You beat people to death with baseball bats, don't want any of that.

:eusa_pray:

If that floats your boat to believe that, then I advise you to put me on ignore. You're obviously terrified of me, an anonymous poster, who hasn't threatened you at all.

First of all, I never stated that FF was the subject of the dream. A dream has many meanings and none of them are literal.

I don't like FF's threads and posts. I'm very clear on that, and I challenge her view.

I wouldn't ever hit anyone with a baseball bat. I know EXACTLY what the dream means, and it is NOT related to the forum at all.
Of course you didn't say Foxfyre was the subject of the dream. That would not be passive enough for your aggression. You only went on and on for days about how FF was holier-than-thou, then you posted your infamous dream about wanting to beat a poster to death with a baseball bat and that poster was 'holier-than-thou'.

I know the dream upset you a lot. It upset you, not because you wanted to murder a poster, but because you were frustrated that you couldn't beat her to death, even though you were trying so hard to do so.

Yes, that is disturbing.

Once again, Sky. I'm not picking a fight with you.

You had to tell the forum that you had a dream about beating to death a poster at USMB and that poster was "holier than thou". And, you couldn't stop calling FF holier than thou for days prior to your infamous dream thread.

And, in your own words, the dream upset you because you could not successfully beat to death that poster, not for lack of trying. The dream did not upset you because you wanted to beat to death a poster.

Again, I'm talking about me right now and I KNOW that if I had a dream where I kept trying to beat a poster to death with a baseball bat, I would be disturbed because I wanted to kill her, not because I couldn't kill her.

Let me know when you publish your theories on dream interpretation. In the meantime, I refer to Fritz Perls, Carl Jung, and Eugene Gendlin.

If you dream of being chased across a field, a Gestalt therapist might have you begin a dialogue where you turn to face the pursuer and start asking him/her/it questions. Then you might take the place of the pursuer and start describing the chase from that point of view. This process could then be repeated from the perspective of a tree in the field overlooking the chase - a new perspective that could bring unexpected realisation.

Fritz Perls theory is that dream symbolism is unique in that it comes from the dreamer and only the dreamer can truly interpret it.

Last edited:

They are NOT the action.

I don't understand this post at all. What are you talking about?

Yes, I had a dream. I related the dream on a thread. You interpreted it one way, literally.

I did not. It was my dream.
Read what I quoted, Sky. That should help your confusion.

Let me know when you publish your theories on dream interpretation. In the meantime, I refer to Fritz Perls, Carl Jung, and Eugene Gendlin.
They analyzed your dream?

No, I've studied their methods. I'm currently taking a class with Eugene Gendlin on dream analysis.

How I worked with the dream of the baseball bat was to tell the dream from the perspective of the subject being hit with the bat, the subject doing the hitting and the bat itself.

The member who "starred" in the dream, represented a part of myself I have trouble with.

As it turns out, my sister hit me with a baseball bat when I was a child, but I do not remember it. It was very traumatic for her, because I was seriously injured and she got in a lot of trouble for it. I have no memory of it. That should tell you a lot.

Last edited:
If that floats your boat to believe that, then I advise you to put me on ignore. You're obviously terrified of me, an anonymous poster, who hasn't threatened you at all.

LOL

I've never put anyone on ignore, not even Mr. Shithead!

Just a little observation, mocking you isn't really a sign of fear...

Mocking is what people do on this forum.

Eugene Gendlin wrote a great book called, Let the Body Interpret Your Dreams.

He says that dreams explore the opposite of their first reactions.

They analyzed your dream?

No, I've studied their methods. I'm currently taking a class with Eugene Gendlin on dream analysis.

How I worked with the dream of the baseball bat was to tell the dream from the perspective of the subject being hit with the bat, the subject doing the hitting and the bat itself.

Yet, all we saw was your disturbance about not being able to kill the poster.

If you've since done that, good for you.

How did it feel being beaten repeatedly with a baseball bat? Just curious.

.... The member who "starred" in the dream, represented a part of myself I have trouble with.

That holier than thou part?

Forum List

Back