Founding Fathers: We Are Not a Christian Nation

Who is attacking Christians? Why is having a secular nation an attack on Christians? You got to be the defacto ruling class for most of the time we have been a nation. And did so without taking responsibility for any failures or trangressions.

And when people start demanding that you relinquish your power in the gov't, per the US Constitution, you whine about being attacked?? lol

You liberals are hilarious in your dishonesty. You stand there, cookie crumbs down your shirt, chocolate smeared on your face, mouth stuffed full of cookie and claim you didn't sneak a cookie. lol

Quit spouting nonsense and tell us exactly how Christians are being attacked? If attempting to label me a liberal helps you feel better, by all means go for it. No need to worry about accuracy.

What would be the point, from your post its clear discussing the topic with you would be a complete waste of time.

The point would be to be shown not to be a whining liar.

From your posts it is clear that you have no basis for your claims of christians being attacked. Thanks for playing.

Its not personal, I hate most liberals.

That's because they're scum.

You liberals are hilarious in your dishonesty. You stand there, cookie crumbs down your shirt, chocolate smeared on your face, mouth stuffed full of cookie and claim you didn't sneak a cookie. lol

Quit spouting nonsense and tell us exactly how Christians are being attacked? If attempting to label me a liberal helps you feel better, by all means go for it. No need to worry about accuracy.

What would be the point, from your post its clear discussing the topic with you would be a complete waste of time.

From your posts it is clear that you have no basis for your claims of christians being attacked. Thanks for playing.

That's because they're scum.

Yeah I wasn't born hating liberals, I learned to hate them.

when a person tradionaly swears Under oath what does he put his left on? The constitution ? The Koran ?

Or the Bible?

Is that because using the Bible is required? Or because it is a choice?

Seems to me I don't remember a president in history put his right hand up and his left hand on the Koran being sworn in as president of the USA

How come no separation of church and state during that ceremony?

Because the president being sworn in CHOSE to use the Bible. Not all presidents used the same Bible, and two were sworn in without a Bible at all. Were Teddy Roosevelt and John Quincy Adams not presidents?

I have never said that religion is forbidden. Just that we are not a Christian nation. There is a difference.
If we arent a Christian nation then why do people swear on a Bible? The fact that a couple didnt just enforces the idea that the norm is to do so. Only Christians swear on a Bible.

Because they do so by choice? No. If it were a Christian nation it would be required.

And at least one congressman has taken his oath with his hand upon the Quran.
Really who?

Thats very interesting , you have a link?

Keith Ellison from Minnesota's 5th district.

Who is attacking Christians? Why is having a secular nation an attack on Christians? You got to be the defacto ruling class for most of the time we have been a nation. And did so without taking responsibility for any failures or trangressions.

And when people start demanding that you relinquish your power in the gov't, per the US Constitution, you whine about being attacked?? lol

Feel free to hate whomever you choose. But your claims about Christians being attacked in this thread are still bogus.

when a person tradionaly swears Under oath what does he put his left on? The constitution ? The Koran ?

Or the Bible?

Seems to me I don't remember a president in history put his right hand up and his left hand on the Koran being sworn in as president of the USA

How come no separation of church and state during that ceremony?

Because the president being sworn in CHOSE to use the Bible. Not all presidents used the same Bible, and two were sworn in without a Bible at all. Were Teddy Roosevelt and John Quincy Adams not presidents?

I have never said that religion is forbidden. Just that we are not a Christian nation. There is a difference.
If we arent a Christian nation then why do people swear on a Bible? The fact that a couple didnt just enforces the idea that the norm is to do so. Only Christians swear on a Bible.

Because they do so by choice? No. If it were a Christian nation it would be required.

Really who?

Learn something new every day, that guy had balls

Kind of proud of him

Or the Bible?

Really who?

Kind of proud of him

I admire that kind of faith and courage. You're right, it did take balls.

Or the Bible?

Really who?

Kind of proud of him

You seem like a smart ,cool non partisan guy, so i wont argue about this no more, just read

Feel free to hate whomever you choose. But your claims about Christians being attacked in this thread are still bogus.

lol riiiight because you said so. /sarcasm

Really who?

Kind of proud of him

You seem like a smart ,cool non partisan guy, so i wont argue about this no more, just read

Thanks for the compliment

Not only that but I asked you a couple of times for examples of your claim. You declined.

Really who?

Kind of proud of him

Thanks for the compliment
we can get along, learn history and try

Not only that but I asked you a couple of times for examples of your claim. You declined.

Ahahaha so your plan is to go through life ignorant because a conservative refuses to educate you, great plan. :laugh:

The fact that the founding fathers were mostly christian shows the level of their dedication to creating a secular nation.
Bullshit.
The Constitution barred the FEDERAL government from establishing religion. But state governments were free to do so. And they did.
Religion is interwoven into our system because the people who founded it and governed it were religious people. They damnsure werent Muslims either.

Which states have an official religion?
Pennsylvania, Maryland and Georgia all had official religions.

So none have official religions? lol

So in a supposedly Christian nation, where 50 states have the right to establish Christianity as the official religion,

a grand total of zero do.

Hmmmm....
You are truly an idiot. An imbecile of the first rank.
The Constitution contemplated state establishment of religions, but not federal. And until the Civil War that was the case. Once states became bound by the federal constitution as well official state religions went away.
I realize that is overtaxing your little brain but maybe someone else will understand it.

It amazes me that a preponderance of evidence proves beyond doubt that America was founded as a Christian nation and yet their are those that will deny it.

From 1780 to 1824, Massachusetts residents were all required to attend a parish church, the denomination of which was chosen by majority vote of town residents.

Mark

I have a question for those who claim we are, in fact, a Christian nation (not just a nation of predominantly Christian people).

Would you say that the basic tenets of Christianity would be contained in the 10 Commandments?
I know where you are trying to go with this, free masons and all the rest, I have read on the internet on this subject the past 20 years now I have been in the political chatrooms and now the forums , it is a long old debate, that always ends in a stalemate.

If the rules of Christianity demand that there be no other gods, that there is only one god, that you not take his name in vain, and that the sabbath be kept holy, then this is certainly not a Christian nation, since we do none of those (by law).
Because its ridiculous notion, again you can not take the bible word for word, its about faith not words and most of the great things we have done was people who had faith in a christiand and the old god of the old testament judaism

And people having faith is not the issue. The question is whether or not we are a Christian nation. And since any faith can be found here, and all faiths can be elected to office, it is NOT a Christian nation.

The question was whether we were FOUNDED as a Christian nation. And no, not all faiths could be elected to office.

Delaware; Article 22 (1776) "Every person who shall be chosen a member of either house, or appointed to any office or place of trust...shall...also make and subscribe the following declaration, to whit:

'I,_____, do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the holy scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration'."

Georgia; Article VI (1777) "The representatives shall be chosen out of the residents in each county...and they shall be of the Protestant religion..."

topbul1d.gif
Maryland; Article XXXV (1776) "That no other test or qualification ought to be required...than such oath of support and fidelity to this State...and a declaration of a belief in the Christian religion."

This is but a small sample of examples proving that the nation was founded as a Christian nation.

Mark

The founding fathers were quite straightforward..they said the model they created for our democracy would never work for a country that has deserted Christianity.

Ahahaha so your plan is to go through life ignorant because a conservative refuses to educate you, great plan. :laugh:

No. I am not ignorant. Do you plan to continue to make claims and then ignore attempts to debate them?

If Christianity is not the ruling religion, then our gov't is not a Christian gov't. In that case, as I have said before, we are a secular nation that is predominantly Christian by population. The nation (laws, gov't ect) is not Christian.
Jesus Christ! Christianity isn't ruling and I've said about five times now that the government is secular. The culture Christian, not the government. Although there are many examples of government doing Christian things they aren't passing Christian law (except for the local blue laws I mentioned) because even Christians aren't living under the law. There is NO Christian Law.

Then, by your definition, we are a secular nation that is predominantly Christian. That is far different than being a Christian nation. The OP was trying to prove that our gov't was formed as a Christian organization.

You and I have been agreeing.

So, what you are saying is if Syria adopted an official Christian religion tomorrow, and all the Muslims there still practiced Islam and still beheaded gays and kept their women covered in burka's, that the new government of Syria would be acknowledged by the left as the head of a Christian nation?

That does seem to be the problem with the left. They do have a hard time separating reality from fantasy.

Mark

A question for those who believe that the US wasn't founded as a Christian nation. Lets say that in the Constitution, slavery was strictly forbidden in our new nation.

And yet, people continued to own slaves until the civil war.

Would the left now claim that the US was founded as an anti slavery nation?

Or would reality trump words?

Mark

Forum List

Back