FOX News, "Fair and Balanced"? Not according to the people that work there.

prejoritive?

lol..
Let it go.

don't go all refudiating on me, pal.

he might be the new shakespeare.

pe·jo·ra·tive   /pɪˈdʒɔrətɪv, -ˈdʒɒr-, ˈpɛdʒəˌreɪ-, ˈpidʒə-/ Show Spelled
[pi-jawr-uh-tiv, -jor-, pej-uh-rey-, pee-juh-] Show IPA

–adjective
1. having a disparaging, derogatory, or belittling effect or force: the pejorative affix -ling in princeling.
–noun
2. a pejorative form or word, as poetaster.

Fox, like other media outlets, manipulates (not "find positive ways") image. Here's one for you, QWB: tell your viewers what "public option" and "government option" means: they are the same thing. Then tell the viewers Fox wants them to hate the "government option" while the approve of the "public option."

And for the rest of the far right agenda-driven wackaloons: all laws are mandates. Grow up.

WTF?

Fox was opposed to the public option under any name, which is why they used the more prejoritive term.

Sorry, I forgot how I was talking to, prejoritive means negative.

prejoritive?

lol..

Let it go.

Pejorative is a real word, and has been for a long time.

Pejorative | Define Pejorative at Dictionary.com
Pejorative - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Should I add you to the list of posters who I should limit my vocabulary with?

Let it go.

–adjective
1. having a disparaging, derogatory, or belittling effect or force: the pejorative affix -ling in princeling.
–noun

let's see if you two can find out what happened.

WTF?

Fox was opposed to the public option under any name, which is why they used the more prejoritive term.

Sorry, I forgot how I was talking to, prejoritive means negative.

prejoritive?

lol..

–adjective
–noun

I'm honest enough to say I had to look the word up. But I had an understanding of what he was talking about before I did look the word up. Which is where you and I differ. I may not know the meaning of some words but I do have and understanding of what they might mean. Unlike you.

prejoritive?

lol..

–adjective
–noun

I'm honest enough to say I had to look the word up. But I had an understanding of what he was talking about before I did look the word up. Which is where you and I differ. I may not know the meaning of some words but I do have and understanding of what they might mean. Unlike you.

nice try.

i don't need to look up the word windbag tried to use and butchered instead.

i know that word in at least 4 languages.

bwahahaha

nice try.

i don't need to look up the word windbag tried to use and butchered instead.

i know that word in at least 4 languages.

bwahahaha

I know it in two

Even when you were a conservative, you were swallowing lefty stereotypes. :lol:

People aren't poor because they deserve it. People are poor because they made the wrong choices, haven't worked hard enough, or haven't taken advantage of all the opportunities afforded them.

People are getting poorer due to a decade of flat wages despite very high productivity. . Now when figuring real dollars CORE Inflation is used, CORE Inflation does not include the inflation in the cost of energy or food. Actually median incomes went down when the inflationary costs of energy and food are included.
So what choices would have been right? How much more productivity can be sucked out of these workers and exactly what opportunities did these people miss? Good paying jobs just kept disappearing thanks to offshore outsourcing and companies recruiting illegals to
further enhance their bottlom-line.
What choices would have been right? Not spending more than you earn, not racking up debt you can't pay, getting education and training.
You know...common sense stuff. Damn shame it's not all that common any more.

Not spending more than you earn and not racking up debt you can't pay,on the surface appears logical. Unfortunately, people were seeing their income increase quite nicely and probably created a comfort level for themselves and then all of a sudden their wage growth stopped, many got caught with their pants down. I bet most of these people are wondering what bus hit them! I'm not sure the education and training are so applicatible as the big "growth industry" is the service sector and healthcare industry.

His whining defines him; always has.
You two are so cute together. :lol:

BTW, neither one of you has offered any proof that my amusement, which your frail egos refuse to accept, is actually whining. And no, both of you pointing to each other and saying "But he says it is!" is not proof. :lol:

Now, once again, I'm laughing at you. And once again, predictably, you will say I'm whining. :lol:
Hey daveman - what's your opinion of posts 187 and 188?
I think if you're believe ACORN is perfectly innocent, you're willfully ignorant.

No it's not. It's been handily dismantled by several news outlets. And the "journalist" James O'Keefe got to spend some time in the pokey for breaking real laws. His cohort, Hannah Giles had to step in when O'Keefe was using his "journalistic skills" to spring a trap on a CNN reporter.

What's up next..a spirited defense of interweb "reporter" James Gannon?
Oh...you mean like you guys are defending "journalist" Julian Assange? :lol:
Who is calling him a journalist? If anything, he more closely fits the description of 'publisher'.
Idiot moonbats, mostly.

You are military.

Did soldiers who joined the military and now struggle economically make poor choices or is it that they did not work hard enough?
Obviously, they made poor choices. Military pay is enough to live on, if you live within your means.

I guess you are right....screw the soldiers
I haven't said that. I'm not a leftist.
The kid who grew up down the street from me joined the Marines out of High School and was in Iraq in 2004-2006. He was trained as a Sniper. Now, obviously, he made a bad choice by joining the Marines to defend his country....nobody gets rich joining the Marines.

His second "bad choice" was becoming a sniper. He could have beein trained in IA, communications, mechanics where he could have had good job skills when he got out. But nobody wants to hire a sniper.

He left the Marines, got married, had a child and found that the job market had dried up while he was in the service. BAD choice on his part. If he had gotten a job out of High School rather than join the Marines, he would have a good job by now rather than being on public assistance.

But I guess you know best daveman.....we need to hold these guys accountable for the bad choices they made...or maybe he didn't work hard enough
Did he sign up for the G.I. Bill, or not take advantage of it once he was out? No? Well, that was a bad choice, then, wasn't it?

Did he look into work with law enforcement or homeland security? No? Well, that was a bad choice, then, wasn't it?

Did he check into starting his own business by taking advantage of the Small Business Administration's Patriot Express Pilot Loan Initiative? No? Well, that was a bad choice, then, wasn't it?

Instead of using him to pathetically score cheap points on an internet message board, you could take those ideas to him.

You are military.

Did soldiers who joined the military and now struggle economically make poor choices or is it that they did not work hard enough?
Obviously, they made poor choices. Military pay is enough to live on, if you live within your means.

Yes, but the fact still remains that most enlisted make money that is LESS than middle class.

Check out the basic pay rates sometime. They're not doing it for the cash, they're doing it because they love this country.

How can that be a "poor choice"?
It's not a poor choice to serve. What makes it a poor choice is living outside your income.
Besides.........ever lived in a military town? Seems like there are people around every corner whose sole objective in life is to part military people from their money. Main reason that every command has a financial counselor. It's to help fight parasites like that.
Preaching to the choir, buddy. USAF, 19 years 9 months. I know what I'm talking about.

I guess daveman thinks the fire fighters and police and first responders on 9-11 made bad choices also.
I'd ask you to stop being stupid, but it's your only mode.

Hint for the lefty retards here, and that includes you, of course, Jake:

If you choose to live in a manner your income can't sustain, you're making bad choices. It's as simple as that.

You are military.

I agree.

Everyone I know who is struggling in the military has gone out and spent more than they should have, or they are trying to live off base. I always had money in my pocket, and even carried around uncashed checks for weeks at a time. (That was back before direct deposit was common, even though it was available to me.) I had friends that had car payments and living off base, who were struggling to eat before the end of the pay period, even though we had free meals every day.
Yup. As long as spending is less than income, you're doing okay.

That "scheme" was the ACORN employee trying to get details out of O'Keefe. And O'Keefe leaves out the part where he gets suspicious and DD's out of the office. Several minutes after O'Keefe leaves the ACORN employee called a relative who was a police officer and gave him the story.

Former ACORN Employee Sues O'Keefe and Giles | Crooks and Liars
Daily Howler: Gerson said the right has been wrong--and the left as well

Not so clear cut..now is it?

Which of the 5 or 6 examples is that?

:disbelief: The right wing STILL defending O'Keefe?

:disbelief: The left wing STILL defending ACORN?

I agree.

Everyone I know who is struggling in the military has gone out and spent more than they should have, or they are trying to live off base. I always had money in my pocket, and even carried around uncashed checks for weeks at a time. (That was back before direct deposit was common, even though it was available to me.) I had friends that had car payments and living off base, who were struggling to eat before the end of the pay period, even though we had free meals every day.

And yet we still have active duty military on food stamps, we still have our soldiers and sailors getting out of the service and finding no jobs.

Is that laziness or bad planning on their part?
I spent three days last week in a transition program, along with 25 or so other retiring or separating AF folks, getting pointers on resumes, networking, job interviews. And there are lots more resources available.

But no one's going to do any of it for you. You have to do the hard stuff yourself.

I agree.

Most of the people who lived off base were married.

Does this mean that people who are E-6 and below should stay single while enlisted?
I live on base. It's a six-minute drive to work, or a 25-minute walk. My family only has one vehicle. If I lived off base, my housing allowance and some of my base pay would be taken up with rent and utilities, plus the added expenses of a longer commute.

I repeat: If you keep expenses below income, you'll do fine.

People are getting poorer due to a decade of flat wages despite very high productivity. . Now when figuring real dollars CORE Inflation is used, CORE Inflation does not include the inflation in the cost of energy or food. Actually median incomes went down when the inflationary costs of energy and food are included.
So what choices would have been right? How much more productivity can be sucked out of these workers and exactly what opportunities did these people miss? Good paying jobs just kept disappearing thanks to offshore outsourcing and companies recruiting illegals to
further enhance their bottlom-line.
What choices would have been right? Not spending more than you earn, not racking up debt you can't pay, getting education and training.
You know...common sense stuff. Damn shame it's not all that common any more.

Not spending more than you earn and not racking up debt you can't pay,on the surface appears logical. Unfortunately, people were seeing their income increase quite nicely and probably created a comfort level for themselves and then all of a sudden their wage growth stopped, many got caught with their pants down. I bet most of these people are wondering what bus hit them! I'm not sure the education and training are so applicatible as the big "growth industry" is the service sector and healthcare industry.
And what kept them from changing their lifestyle to accommodate the wage stagnation?

Pejorative is a real word, and has been for a long time.

Pejorative | Define Pejorative at Dictionary.com
Pejorative - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Should I add you to the list of posters who I should limit my vocabulary with?

ah, you looked it up. good for you.

please don't limit your "vocabulary". i hope i will read great sarah-palin-like word creations from you in the future.

in conjunction with lecturing about the meaning of the butchered word.

prejoritive. :lol:

Prejoritive: the time period right before you are joritive.

You two are so cute together. :lol:

BTW, neither one of you has offered any proof that my amusement, which your frail egos refuse to accept, is actually whining. And no, both of you pointing to each other and saying "But he says it is!" is not proof. :lol:

Now, once again, I'm laughing at you. And once again, predictably, you will say I'm whining. :lol:
Hey daveman - what's your opinion of posts 187 and 188?
I think if you're believe ACORN is perfectly innocent, you're willfully ignorant.
Posts 187 and 188 weren't about whether ACORN is guilty of anything.

Would you like to try again?

Oh...you mean like you guys are defending "journalist" Julian Assange? :lol:
Who is calling him a journalist? If anything, he more closely fits the description of 'publisher'.
Idiot moonbats, mostly.

"Modern Ghana"? Really? You had to go all the way to some blogger in Ghana to find someone who calls him a journalist?

Do you know how ridiculous you are?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Forum List

Back