FOX News is talking about how government needs to plan the reopening of the economy...

They have had a committee studying how we should leave Afghanistan too, but we are still there, If they form a committee to figure out how to open America back up, it will nt happen anytime soon. Trump should just flip the switch and declare America is open for business starting tomorrow

What he should do is announce that he's leaving it up to the Governors. Each state has different levels of the problem. There are some states with few cases, and others with thousands of them. There is no need to keep the entire country shutdown over New York. We are in a situation where one size does not fit all.

I don't believe we will ever get back to total normalcy until a vaccine has undergone enough testing to be safe for all the public. We just have to figure out a way to buy time until then.

A task force is or has already been formed to plan the re-opening of the economy.

What would you do?
May 1, 2020: Keep these closed, until Phase-2:
All Cruises, all bars, except outdoor bars with social distancing
All stadiums, ball parks, concerts, church services, political rallies, all "crowds" over 10-people

Limited reopen with "Mitigation Measures" still in-place:
All stores & businesses, with "guards" checking temperatures before entering, masks are required when moving
Restaurants, reservations required, temperature checks, with social distancing spacing, ideally outdoor
Golf courses (no bars)
Airlines with temperature checks and masks required

July 1, 2020: Everything back to normal, except masks must be worn when around others, such as at stadiums

When vaccine is available: Back to normal, no masks required.

Unknown.jpeg

Why such "gloom & doom" when they are planning to restart the economy and get back to normal???

We should be applauding! Open it up ASAP!! With mitigation measures of course.

One thing I have a little apprehension about is when people start receiving their coronavirus funds, they're going to go nuts after spending so much time in lockup.

You give me a dollar and the first thing I want to do is go somewhere and spend it. I hope that doesn't cause another spike of outbreaks, but we'll see.

I just hope we can get to the point where I can finally find a selection of breakfast sausage. Since the lockdown, it's slim pickings for sausage because now everybody is making breakfast in the morning, where as before, when people were working, they'd have some cereal or grab a doughnut or something.

They have had a committee studying how we should leave Afghanistan too, but we are still there, If they form a committee to figure out how to open America back up, it will nt happen anytime soon. Trump should just flip the switch and declare America is open for business starting tomorrow

What he should do is announce that he's leaving it up to the Governors. Each state has different levels of the problem. There are some states with few cases, and others with thousands of them. There is no need to keep the entire country shutdown over New York. We are in a situation where one size does not fit all.

I don't believe we will ever get back to total normalcy until a vaccine has undergone enough testing to be safe for all the public. We just have to figure out a way to buy time until then.

He has left it up to the Governor's. What did Trump shut down? So what can Trump re open?

I agree with you Ray, one size does not fit all here. It should be the governors who decide for each of their states, or maybe even down to the mayorial level per city. They were elected to run their jurisdictions, and once the President and the feds decide on an opening date that these jurisdictions CAN choose to follow, or keep closed, let them make the decision.

In this manner, it is THEY who are rewarded or punished at the ballot box for their choices. We do NOT have a king. Let the princes decide what to do. That is what they were elected to do for their areas!

He has left it up to the Governor's. What did Trump shut down? So what can Trump re open?
He hasn't given his blessing to re-opening America
he i getting bad advice from the democratic plants Dr Doom and the scarf lady

I agree with you Ray, one size does not fit all here. It should be the governors who decide for each of their states, or maybe even down to the mayorial level per city. They were elected to run their jurisdictions, and once the President and the feds decide on an opening date that these jurisdictions CAN choose to follow, or keep closed, let them make the decision.

In this manner, it is THEY who are rewarded or punished at the ballot box for their choices. We do NOT have a king. Let the princes decide what to do. That is what they were elected to do for their areas!

Plus it would take the heat off of the President. Let's face it, whether he keeps it shutdown or tells everybody to go with business as usual, the leftists will be heavily criticizing him either way. If he tells the Governors it's their call, they can't blame the President for making a wrong decision.

He hasn't given his blessing to re-opening America
he i getting bad advice from the democratic plants Dr Doom and the scarf lady

Desper, it has now become political, like it or not. Trump can NOT give the all clear to reopen with such hot spots still happening. But, if he is wise, he will pass the decision down the chain to governors who have a better handle on their area. The governors if wise, will pass it down to the cities. Let them be in charge of their correct choice, or incorrect one. As Ray has stated, in this instance, one size does not fit all! And in all fairness, that is what is wrong with the federal government under the Left. They want the feds telling them what to do so as they can pass the buck if it doesn't end well. My question is----------->then why elect state governments if that is what they want to do?

Plus it would take the heat off of the President. Let's face it, whether he keeps it shutdown or tells everybody to go with business as usual, the leftists will be heavily criticizing him either way. If he tells the Governors it's their call, they can't blame the President for making a wrong decision.

Let me put it this way Ray, so even Leftists can understand, you obviously not being one of them------------> The Democratic run States constantly go against President Trump's edicts anyway when it suits their needs anyway, like sanctuary cities, etc. So, he should be smart enough to leave it to them individually, as they are supposed to have the knowledge of their particular areas to start with. They want to do what they want? Then let them make the call! Let them be rewarded at the ballot box or punished for their decisions. Make it THEIR choice so as they are responsible. They may be correct, or incorrect, time will tell. But Trump should NOT give cover for either party, these people were elected to govern, now govern or RESIGN!

Why America is still failing on coronavirus testing

We are a long way from where we need to be before re-opening the economy, even in a limited way.

The US currently tests about 150,000 people a day. US Historical Data
That is also being increased as the 5-minute and 15-minute tests are being rolled-out.
Scripps Health launches 5-minute COVID-19 test
Abbot Labs: Physicians Immediate Care offering 15-minute COVID-19 rapid test
They are also working on an "anti-body" test to see who had the virus "asymptomatic"

The economy will be reopened in a limited way with mitigation measures, if the governors don't want their states to turn into Somalia.

Let me put it this way Ray, so even Leftists can understand, you obviously not being one of them------------> The Democratic run States constantly go against President Trump's edicts anyway when it suits their needs anyway, like sanctuary cities, etc. So, he should be smart enough to leave it to them individually, as they are supposed to have the knowledge of their particular areas to start with. They want to do what they want? Then let them make the call! Let them be rewarded at the ballot box or punished for their decisions. Make it THEIR choice so as they are responsible. They may be correct, or incorrect, time will tell. But Trump should NOT give cover for either party, these people were elected to govern, now govern or RESIGN!

Exactly. This is not a national pandemic, this is a worldwide pandemic. Leaving that decision to the President is like leaving it to the WHO when everyplace in the world should resume to normal, or resume with heavy or light restrictions.

Give states the power. If a state doesn't want anybody there with an out of state license plate, so be it. Don't cross that border unless it's to work because you live near or on the border line. As you suggested, if a state wants to leave that to county or local officials, let it be their call.

Exactly. This is not a national pandemic, this is a worldwide pandemic. Leaving that decision to the President is like leaving it to the WHO when everyplace in the world should resume to normal, or resume with heavy or light restrictions.

Give states the power. If a state doesn't want anybody there with an out of state license plate, so be it. Don't cross that border unless it's to work because you live near or on the border line. As you suggested, if a state wants to leave that to county or local officials, let it be their call.

Absolutely! Trump could demand the economy reopen and a hot spot appear. He then gets the blame? No! He needs to be smart here and give local officials latitude. These people need to be put in charge and make the call themselves. No blaming the feds! Take responsibility for your own jurisdiction. Open and or close as you see fit.

If nothing else, it will open Americans eyes to the good and or bad leaders we have in both political entities. And if the people don't agree with the local decision? It is much easier to bring local political pressure, then it is to bring national political pressure from a small area.

We elected them, now they need deliver!

yeah it about time to open the gates in airports - import tourists , spend their money and get rolling.

right after we clear the back log of corpses, and funeral homes so we can fill them up AGAIN.

A task force is or has already been formed to plan the re-opening of the economy.

What would you do?
May 1, 2020: Keep these closed, until Phase-2:
All Cruises, all bars, except outdoor bars with social distancing
All stadiums, ball parks, concerts, church services, political rallies, all "crowds" over 10-people

Limited reopen with "Mitigation Measures" still in-place:
All stores & businesses, with "guards" checking temperatures before entering, masks are required when moving
Restaurants, reservations required, temperature checks, with social distancing spacing, ideally outdoor
Golf courses (no bars)
Airlines with temperature checks and masks required

July 1, 2020: Everything back to normal, except masks must be worn when around others, such as at stadiums

When vaccine is available: Back to normal, no masks required.

We don't have the convenience of waiting two years to get our economy back to normal.

yeah it about time to open the gates in airports - import tourists , spend their money and get rolling.

right after we clear the back log of corpses, and funeral homes so we can fill them up AGAIN.

That is why it needs to be at a local level! Then YOU have sway in your area! Besides, you don't want Trump to be a dictator, do you? Let Cuomo decide for New York, Desantis for Florida, etc, while consulting with the rest of the state government.

Congress cannot make us not assemble. Those at risk should be careful, but those not at risk should be allowed to move freely about the nation.

This isn’t fucking Cuba.

Forum List

Back