Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

This is really going to mess with shipping rates which are already high now.

The port of Baltimore is blocked by this. They have to finish the search, then the recovery, then the criminal initial investigation then the NTSB initial investigation before they can even begin clearing the debris.

The impact on trucking is combined with the port being blocked. Double so as this was a "bypass" around Baltimore that a lot of traffic took going up and down 95.

People who know a lot more about the facts on the ground than you or I.

Right now there aren't many facts on the ground. They are concentrating on search and rescue, hoping some of the people in cars got very very lucky and got trapped in an air pocket in the vehicle.

After that is recovery, and then the investigators will begin their jobs.

Hopefully the CG isolated the ship and got the crew and the pilots off to preserve all the evidence of what was happening at the time and right before the impact.

The port of Baltimore is blocked by this. They have to finish the search, then the recovery, then the criminal initial investigation then the NTSB initial investigation before they can even begin clearing the debris.

The impact on trucking is combined with the port being blocked. Double so as this was a "bypass" around Baltimore that a lot of traffic took going up and down 95.
I'm hearing that they will be using equipment/vessels/personnel brought in from Norway.

But like you said, if they arrived tomorrow it would be months before they could start.

Oh and let us not forget the delays that will be caused by environmental concerns on the state/fed level. They are actually very real due to the toxic nature of the sediment that will need to be displaced in the total effort.

I'm hearing that they will be using equipment/vessels/personnel brought in from Norway.

But like you said, if they arrived tomorrow it would be months before they could start.

Oh and let us not forget the delays that will be caused by environmental concerns on the state/fed level. They are actually very real due to the toxic nature of the sediment that will need to be displaced in the total effort.

They will probably want to demo really quick to get the port back opened. Checking the map I also see a Coast Guard yard there, so any ships in the yard are stuck, and any ships that need to get to the yard are out of luck.

Not sure if the navy has any berths or bases inside the harbor within the area blocked by the bridge collapse.

Here comes xiden’s plantation boy to defend his boss man.
Damn a tragic incident just happened and your dumbass comes screaming Biden, Biden, Biden.
Xiden and the demafasict have been bragging about their bulld back better bill…guess the funds didn’t get to the people of baltimore…a majority black city
I don't remember them bragging that they had reconstructed and fixed every damn bridge in America and btw this bridge was hit by a damn ship, you boot licking hag.

Problem is the Fort McHenry tunnel is already overwhelmed so now it is going to be gridlock on 95 24/7 as it is the closest work around to the bridge
95 has been a parking lot for decades. Nobody will notice since the average speed is 2 miles an hour and most drivers just sleep through it.

Bridges around the country are in bad shape. I cringe every time I have to cross the Mississippi. Even a small barge knocks those out every so often.

Woman harbor pilot?

fffddfddddddddddddddccf.png

Forum List

Back