Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

Guys.. you can see there was no explosion in this video that has all the points of power outage annotated. Smoke stack is shooting out black smoke.

Would be awesome if we could pull out some compassion for a community without being dicks.
Oh wait, so "never let a crisis go to waste" is only a single-edged sword? Due tell.

Tell that to the people of Baltimore and the surrounding area in about six months....Let's see how far momentary compassion goes then.

Hell, I'm surprised the dems have not tried to blame Trump yet.

Beyond sorrow for those lost and maimed...

And conceding that hindsight is a marvelous thing...

I'm wondering if the bridge was built using poorly conceived, designed and constructed support pillars?

I would have thought that any bridge in such a high traffic area would have 'buffer' pier-bases to absorb any crash shock.

When looking at an aerial view in Wikipedia I don't see any elongated elliptical sort of base to deflect or absorb such shock.

Only squarish base-supports very close to the steel pillars themselves... one good nudge and the whole thing goes over.

As indeed it did.

I'm no engineer... so maybe I'm thinking about this in the wrong way... but that was my first shoot-from-the-hip reaction.

Unless you make the piers out of solid concrete and larger than the ships themselves (defeating the purpose of a bridge in the first place) you aren't making them large ship-proof.

Hell the ship probably weighed more fully loaded than the bridge did.

Oh wait, so "never let a crisis go to waste is only a single-edged sword? Due tell.

Tell that to the people of Baltimore and the surrounding area in about six months....Let's see how far momentary compassion goes then.

Hell, I'm surprised the dems have not tried to blame Trump yet.
Makes no sense. Someone is going to rob someone somewhere at sometime. However, how does that affect how you respond to a tragedy?

Because I know as well as I am sitting here that it's going to be a epic dem clusterfuck/grift scheme going forward.

Only if this guy is in charge.

1711458023840.png

Um the fact that it wasn't terrorism? It's not hard to rule it out.
To me, it looked like the ship was steered right into the bridge. I don't know if it was intentional but personally, it looked like it was to me. The thought of Buttigieg being in charge of the investigation isn't something that gives me confidence either. I'm not necessarily saying he sucks at his job, maybe he just has the worst luck in the world. First, he was pregnant and couldn't show up for work, then we had a series of trains derailing, planes losing parts in flight, boats that crash into bridges, bridges collapsing in Philly and Baltimore. WTF man. This guy is jinxed. He should be shit canned based on that alone. MAGA

Forum List

Back