Fraudulent calls from legitimate sources

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Most people have caller I.D. on their phones so legitimate and some not so legitimate call banks think they can are most likely to encourage us to answer by listing fraudulent call back locations within the state. I recognize those bogus calls but I usually let my wife take them and and she usually politely says no to whatever they are selling and without applying for another credit card. Today they made a mistake by calling after I was stung in the thumb by a wasp while I was trying to put in a window air conditioner . I was closest to the phone and I yelled at the polite babe who was obviously reading a script. I hope she was so offended that she decided to quit the dishonest calling industry. Anyway my thumb is about twice the size as my other one despite a cold water bath but the air conditioner still works.

Americans are conditioned to be way too polite when confronted with aggressive phone calls. We tend to give personal information to voices that do not give out their own information and we respond to pollster's questions because old school people tend to respond to pollster questions in a way that would agree with the questions. That's the way we were brought up. Unfortunately sometimes we give our credit card number to a slickster. This has got to change. It's time for Americans , especially old timers, to fight back and insult the caller who insults and robs us.

I do my best to avoid them but if I do pick up on one I pretend I can’t hear them :p

Most people have caller I.D. on their phones so legitimate and some not so legitimate call banks think they can are most likely to encourage us to answer by listing fraudulent call back locations within the state. I recognize those bogus calls but I usually let my wife take them and and she usually politely says no to whatever they are selling and without applying for another credit card. Today they made a mistake by calling after I was stung in the thumb by a wasp while I was trying to put in a window air conditioner . I was closest to the phone and I yelled at the polite babe who was obviously reading a script. I hope she was so offended that she decided to quit the dishonest calling industry. Anyway my thumb is about twice the size as my other one despite a cold water bath but the air conditioner still works.

I do my best to avoid them but if I do pick up on one I pretend I can’t hear them :p

It's time to confront them with the same aggression and lack of respect as they show to us?
Well, they always have that "Dwoop!". So I just keep going "Dwoop! Dwoop! Dwoop! Dwoop!" until they hang up.

I can imitate it pretty good. :terror:

It's time to confront them with the same aggression and lack of respect as they show to us?
Well…I find it hard to be rude to people on the phone so I resort to humor, but it has really increased!

Well…I find it hard to be rude to people on the phone so I resort to humor, but it has really increased!
That's my point. They apparently know about us but we are too polite to ask who the hell they are and where they are really calling from. It might not stop the calls but you will feel better about it in the long run.

Forum List

Back