🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Free birth control

One of the sorority girls I dated during college daze told me all Girl Scouts are supposed to bring their own condoms.

Condoms are cheap -- not quite free but almost.

Beats a medical bill too.

Rubbers are indeed free. This is the first thing I drilled into my kids heads as we were extremely broke when they were growing up. The X and I decided that we needed birth control. Every planned parenthood gave the rubbers out for free and would help get the birth control pills to.

That Republicans are so against birth control is beyond me. As the op said, it would really cut down on abortions
And maybe even teen pregnancy. Hopefully, Trump won't kiss the ass of the religious zealots and speak to this in a positive way, and make it okay to be responsible again.

One of the sorority girls I dated during college daze told me all Girl Scouts are supposed to bring their own condoms.

Rubbers are indeed free. This is the first thing I drilled into my kids heads as we were extremely broke when they were growing up. The X and I decided that we needed birth control. Every planned parenthood gave the rubbers out for free and would help get the birth control pills to.

That Republicans are so against birth control is beyond me. As the op said, it would really cut down on abortions
And maybe even teen pregnancy. Hopefully, Trump won't kiss the ass of the religious zealots and speak to this in a positive way, and make it okay to be responsible again.
You do know rubbers aren't free...right?

I do, but they are free to those who go and ask for them. The health department, planned parenthood many places will give them to anyone who asks. As a tak payer, I have no issue with my tax dollar going to buy rubbers to hand out to broke people. They are a ton cheaper then the other forms of birth control which tax payers have to buy for the few who use it. Hell, seeing the morning after pill is sold at walmart OTC, I wouldn't even have an issue with tax dollars going to that either. It costs as much as a box of rubbers and it's still cheaper then birth control or abortions.

I do, but they are free to those who go and ask for them. The health department, planned parenthood many places will give them to anyone who asks. As a tak payer, I have no issue with my tax dollar going to buy rubbers to hand out to broke people. They are a ton cheaper then the other forms of birth control which tax payers have to buy for the few who use it. Hell, seeing the morning after pill is sold at walmart OTC, I wouldn't even have an issue with tax dollars going to that either. It costs as much as a box of rubbers and it's still cheaper then birth control or abortions.
Wait...so rubbers are not free.....

Nothing is free. Someone buys them. But those who need them do not so they are free to them.

Nothing is free. Someone buys them. But those who need them do not so they are free to them.
True...so why did you say rubbers are free?

And we all know what he meant was they're free at the point of delivery, right?

Yup. Birth control was to, but that took time. The ex got it from the drug company free. As in NO dollars paid.

Yup. Birth control was to, but that took time. The ex got it from the drug company free. As in NO dollars paid.
Strange how a company can stay in business selling everything for -0- dollars......

The biggest problem here is that richer people have less kids because they want to live their life, poorer people are more likely to have more kids but can't really afford it, the birth rate is going down and this means the number of immigrants needed increases which then annoys the rich who don't want to have to deal with the problems associated with immigration.

We don't need anymore people. We have too many as it is. That's not the reason for immigration.

The reason for immigration is the Democrat party wants a one-party government for eternity. Obama is on the hunt to make white people a minority as soon as he possibly can because he doesn't believe in our way of government or society.

Step one is to get as many of these foreigners in this country as possible. Foreigners always vote a majority of Democrat. Step two is to get enough power to create laws that make these people legal (as some have tried already) or to give them the right to vote.

If that should ever happen, then we will be a single-party country. Republicans won't ever stand a chance at leadership again until it's too late.

What about all those immigrants that influenced elections back in the 1800's? They're probably the reason that slavery was eventually made illegal, because it was only when we allowed people from all over the world to come here (Italians, Irish, Chinese, etc.) that we started to have new ideas.

No.....................getting rid of immigration isn't the American way.

What about all those immigrants that influenced elections back in the 1800's? They're probably the reason that slavery was eventually made illegal, because it was only when we allowed people from all over the world to come here (Italians, Irish, Chinese, etc.) that we started to have new ideas.

No.....................getting rid of immigration isn't the American way.
Getting rid of illegals is however.....no one is concerned with legal immigration....

http://www.bustle.com/articles/9528...riment-proves-the-whole-country-needs-free-bc

They did it in Colorado, seems it reduced abortions, reduced unwanted pregnancies, reduced healthcare spending etc.

"According to a study published in October 2014, unintended pregnancies dropped in the state by 40 percent from 2009-2013, and abortion fell by 42 percent over the same period."

"The program saved the state millions in public health coverage for unintended pregnancies, further proving the well-known fact that preventative care is cost-effective and sensible health policy."

Question, what did Republicans do to a program that saves money, reduces problems, and reduces abortion?

"Colorado Republicans succeeded in shooting it down, leaving the program in peril."

The question is, WHY???? Why would someone take something that WORKS on many levels and destroy it just so they can go around preaching their nonsense to others? They want to stop abortion, well this reduces abortion, but without abortion they've got nothing to get people hysterical about, so no one would vote for them if abortion isn't an issue.
I'm not a fan of "free" stuff for two reasons: it's not really free and, give away "free stuff" long enough and some people think it's their right to have it rather than a gift.

OTOH, I readily agree the best way to reduce abortions is through good sex education and access to effective BC. That doesn't mean "free", but "at cost" is good with me.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/9528...riment-proves-the-whole-country-needs-free-bc

They did it in Colorado, seems it reduced abortions, reduced unwanted pregnancies, reduced healthcare spending etc.

"According to a study published in October 2014, unintended pregnancies dropped in the state by 40 percent from 2009-2013, and abortion fell by 42 percent over the same period."

"The program saved the state millions in public health coverage for unintended pregnancies, further proving the well-known fact that preventative care is cost-effective and sensible health policy."

Question, what did Republicans do to a program that saves money, reduces problems, and reduces abortion?

"Colorado Republicans succeeded in shooting it down, leaving the program in peril."

The question is, WHY???? Why would someone take something that WORKS on many levels and destroy it just so they can go around preaching their nonsense to others? They want to stop abortion, well this reduces abortion, but without abortion they've got nothing to get people hysterical about, so no one would vote for them if abortion isn't an issue.
I'm not a fan of "free" stuff for two reasons: it's not really free and, give away "free stuff" long enough and some people think it's their right to have it rather than a gift.

OTOH, I readily agree the best way to reduce abortions is through good sex education and access to effective BC. That doesn't mean "free", but "at cost" is good with me.
At,cost? Huh....so buying a rubber for 50 cents on the open market is too much?

So, we create a buracracy to create free condoms....add the costs and we are probably at 50 bucks a condom....

Sounds really fucking stupid and very expensive to have the .gov stick it's nose in people's bedrooms.....

What you agree with is already available. Has been for years.

At,cost? Huh....so buying a rubber for 50 cents on the open market is too much?

So, we create a buracracy to create free condoms....add the costs and we are probably at 50 bucks a condom....

Sounds really fucking stupid and very expensive to have the .gov stick it's nose in people's bedrooms.....
Straw man argument bullshit.

I saide "at cost" and you went to "we create a buracracy to create free condoms". Remember all those who keep saying to "privatize government"? So why not contract Trojan or some other reputable company to provide the condoms at a quantity discount and selling them for cost? Let the colleges, drug stores and other private businesses figure out how to sell them.

The bottom line here is that the way to cut down on abortions is to reduce unwanted pregnancies. Those who bitch about birth control don't seem really concerned about cutting unwanted pregnancies.

Forum List

Back