"Free College Tuition" is NOT a pipe-dream

I would say the sports need to be city funded. However, if a student wants to play for that university they need to abide by academic requirements.

Although I agree in theory, let me relay a quick anecdote from a colleague who in one of his lectures he tangentially mentioned Sigmund Freud and, the jock that was in attendance said (with all seriousness), "Oh, you mean those guys in Vegas with the white tigers?"

What I mean is that recruiters could not care LESS is a high school jock even knows how to spell "jock".
Oh, you made me laugh out loud! :)

The idea of affordable college scares the hell out of those on the right, same with universal healthcare, public schools, food stamps, meals on wheels.. It's proven that helping to provide education to students benefits everyone, it's why germany/etc do this. Of course, when you live in a country where a moderate social democrat is labeled a radical communist, you know there's a problem.
"It's proven that helping to provide education to students benefits everyone..." Not when colleges offer remedial reading, writing and math classes. Those students obviously are not college material.

Public education has to up their game as well as society demanding that people be responsible for their own success.

The idea of affordable college scares the hell out of those on the right, same with universal healthcare, public schools, food stamps, meals on wheels.. It's proven that helping to provide education to students benefits everyone, it's why germany/etc do this. Of course, when you live in a country where a moderate social democrat is labeled a radical communist, you know there's a problem.
"It's proven that helping to provide education to students benefits everyone..." Not when colleges offer remedial reading, writing and math classes. Those students obviously are not college material.

Public education has to up their game as well as society demanding that people be responsible for their own success.
They are people who should still be given a chance, remedial classes are not a bad thing, colleges should have them. People are responsible for themselves, don't see why they're not, only right wingers believe that idiocy. Public education does need more funding..

They are people who should still be given a chance, remedial classes are not a bad thing, colleges should have them. People are responsible for themselves, don't see why they're not, only right wingers believe that idiocy. Public education does need more funding..

College material is geared to the upper crust students. Remedial Reading should be taken in Community Colleges as they work for Associate Degrees. There should be more vocational training after high school. That could be free.

College material is geared to the upper crust students. Remedial Reading should be taken in Community Colleges as they work for Associate Degrees. There should be more vocational training after high school. That could be free.

College Algebra should be the cut off for every major except mathematics. There is no reason at all for any student to need to take calculus even if they are trying for a degree it accounting. Math is a subject that colleges abuse to make the most money.

That's b/c it's not fucking free you fucking idiot!

How dumb are you leftist?

Do you NOT know that all the money you Give colleges has driven up costs?

Are you fucking dumb enough to not know that colleges will GREATLY INCREASE cost once it comes straight from us?

^ I'd pos rep that ... if only I could. A stupid "agree" will have to do.
Thanks

the fact that 'adults' think anything is going to be free or that the government can make it better, just boggles the mind.

leftist just can't learn, they can't think for themselves, they can't see history repeating.

nothing sinks

"Free College Tuition" is NOT a pipe-dream

Before we engage in casual badinage, perhaps you should FIRST explain how such tuition would be "free".

That's easy. Its not. We taxpayers will be providing the money for that "free" college education.

Apparently the shit for brains Op thinks we taxpayers should provide a "free" college education to anyone who wants it.

An idiot he truly is.

That's easy. Its not. We taxpayers will be providing the money for that "free" college education.

Apparently the shit for brains Op thinks we taxpayers should provide a "free" college education to anyone who wants it.

An idiot he truly is.

Since idiots like Claudette can only read the title of a thread or has the reading comprehension of a 6 year old, there's not much to respond to ...except that I would agree that it'd be a waste of money to fund ANY kind of education for am eternal moron like Claudette.

I have. I'll match the middle working class with your inner city imbeciles any day of the week.

Since I AM part of that "middle, working class".....I thank you for your kind words.

(BTW, is there just a bitty hint of racial bias in your label of "inner city imbeciles"????? If so, wear a turtle neck to hide that "redness".)

No racial bias at all. "Facts is facts", and the fact is uneducated lower classes make up the bulk of the Democrat base.

Probably no reason to post reams of pictures of the last two nights in Ferguson, eh?

I thought not.

Comparing thugs to any minority groups shows that no matter how hard you try to hide it, your red neck comes shining through.

Probably no reason to post reams of pictures of the last two nights in Ferguson, eh?

I thought not.

Comparing thugs to any minority groups shows that no matter how hard you try to hide it, your red neck comes shining through.

Please indicate where I did that. We are not discussing minority groups, but Democratic Party support. The thugs are yours, created and encouraged by Democrat policies and rabble-rousing. That they are black is also your doing. You've been screwing over the black man for a couple of centuries now.

An idiot he truly is.

Since idiots like Claudette can only read the title of a thread or has the reading comprehension of a 6 year old, there's not much to respond to ...except that I would agree that it'd be a waste of money to fund ANY kind of education for am eternal moron like Claudette.

LMAO A moron like you would expect the taxpayers to foot everyone's college fund.

I'll certainly give your post all the consideration its due. Which is none.

Speaking or moron's and idiots. LOL

Progressive Think:
What good is free tuition if you can't pay for housing, food and transportation? We want free housing, meals and our own new car.

Why is it that for right wingers the term "taxation" is an anathema???

I mean, you folks pay through the nose on a whole bunch of things you care little for and bitch and moan about. Here is an INVESTMENT that each citizen can make to our country.....and you reject it as if it was tantamount to curbing the sale of an assault weapon.
You are stealing from me to fund what you want.

Forum List

Back