Free? That Is A Laugh.

That is absolutely ignorant. Let me ask you, who knows you better, your neighbor or the guy who sold you your car?

The people who come out of the woodwork saying that they knew he was crazy should have said something sooner. Or they were just trying to get on camera. The gun seller doesn't spend more than an hour with the person buying the gun. You want them to give you a psychiatric profile based on what the customer says at the counter? That is stupid.

As far as the 75% goes, most buy their guns on the street. Those who make straw purchases should be prosecuted, not the gun seller who follows the rules. Plus, many of the guns on the street are either stolen or are smuggled in. Neither of those will be stopped by your great ideas.

I think you miss my point. WHen I throw a gun seller in prison because his gun was used to slaughter a bunch of school kids, I could REALLY CARE LESS if he had an inkling or not.

I'm making an example out of him for the sake of making an example out of him.

So the NEXT guy who sees the guy in the Joker Costume come into his store, he won't sell to that guy. He'll take the extra time to do the background check. He'll maybe call down to the police station and see if this guy is on anyone's radar.

Yo Joe.....you had to have been one of those people who was perpetually picked last for the team. Winterborn here has publically humiliated you and you keep coming back to be embarrassed. You know what they call that s0n???

Spambot is malfunctioning!

Hey, you got an appropriate AVI now.

Skookerasbil has consistently offered better discussions and debates than you have. If he is, as you claim, a bot, then you have been shown up by a spamming program. I'd call that worse than the humiliation I have heaped on you.

What, you got a new girlfriend? ChrisL will be jealous.

That is absolutely ignorant. Let me ask you, who knows you better, your neighbor or the guy who sold you your car?

The people who come out of the woodwork saying that they knew he was crazy should have said something sooner. Or they were just trying to get on camera. The gun seller doesn't spend more than an hour with the person buying the gun. You want them to give you a psychiatric profile based on what the customer says at the counter? That is stupid.

As far as the 75% goes, most buy their guns on the street. Those who make straw purchases should be prosecuted, not the gun seller who follows the rules. Plus, many of the guns on the street are either stolen or are smuggled in. Neither of those will be stopped by your great ideas.

I think you miss my point. WHen I throw a gun seller in prison because his gun was used to slaughter a bunch of school kids, I could REALLY CARE LESS if he had an inkling or not.

I'm making an example out of him for the sake of making an example out of him.

So the NEXT guy who sees the guy in the Joker Costume come into his store, he won't sell to that guy. He'll take the extra time to do the background check. He'll maybe call down to the police station and see if this guy is on anyone's radar.

Well, you have already shown that you could give a rat's ass about legality or actual justice.

No, the gun seller who follows the rules does NOT get prosecuted. I know you would love to see it happen and intimidate all gun dealers into quitting the business. But there is a requirement that for someone to be criminally punished they must commit a crime.

Have you heard of anyone going into a gun store in a Joker Costume and buying a gun? Is a costume really a basis for a psychiatric profile?

They do the legal background check by calling into the system set up for such things. The fact that many in the mental health field don't report the crazies to the system is not the seller's fault. How about every time some lunatic kills people, and he has been seeing a shrink, we put the shrink in prison for failing to do his job and failing to warn the public?

Yo Joe.....you had to have been one of those people who was perpetually picked last for the team. Winterborn here has publically humiliated you and you keep coming back to be embarrassed. You know what they call that s0n???

Spambot is malfunctioning!

Hey, you got an appropriate AVI now.

Skookerasbil has consistently offered better discussions and debates than you have. If he is, as you claim, a bot, then you have been shown up by a spamming program. I'd call that worse than the humiliation I have heaped on you.

What, you got a new girlfriend? ChrisL will be jealous.

A non-reply. How typical. Well, you didn't outright lie, so it is an improvement. But your attempts at insults are weak.

[
Well, you have already shown that you could give a rat's ass about legality or actual justice.

No, the gun seller who follows the rules does NOT get prosecuted. I know you would love to see it happen and intimidate all gun dealers into quitting the business. But there is a requirement that for someone to be criminally punished they must commit a crime.

Have you heard of anyone going into a gun store in a Joker Costume and buying a gun? Is a costume really a basis for a psychiatric profile?

They do the legal background check by calling into the system set up for such things. The fact that many in the mental health field don't report the crazies to the system is not the seller's fault. How about every time some lunatic kills people, and he has been seeing a shrink, we put the shrink in prison for failing to do his job and failing to warn the public?

I care about Justice. I don't care about legality all that much.

If you are selling guns, you are part of a culture that is promoting violence. You are using fear and sometimes outright racism to sell a product to make a fast buck.

So when your "capitalism" has a bunch of dead pre-schoolers attached to it, I don't really care about "legality" in making an example out of you so the next guy thinks twice.

And, yes, James Holmes and Jerad Miller liked to dress up as the Joker. Miller's wife liked to dress up like Harley Quinn, the joker's sidekick. And before they went on their cop-killing rampage, (where they also killed one of your beloved CCA holders, who turned out to be useless.) they also showed up at the Bundy Ranch.

So, yeah, I don't have a problem treating that whole culture with an iron fist.

[

If you are selling guns, you are part of a culture that is promoting violence. You are using fear and sometimes outright racism to sell a product to make a fast buck.

So when your "capitalism" has a bunch of dead pre-schoolers attached to it, I don't really care about "legality" in making an example out of you so the next guy thinks twice.

And, yes, James Holmes and Jerad Miller liked to dress up as the Joker. Miller's wife liked to dress up like Harley Quinn, the joker's sidekick. And before they went on their cop-killing rampage, (where they also killed one of your beloved CCA holders, who turned out to be useless.) they also showed up at the Bundy Ranch.

Did James holmes and Jerad Miller dress up in a Joker Costume when they went to buy their gun?? That is the only question that matters.

And what about throwing the shrinks in jail if their patients kill someone?? I notice you avoided that topic.

My capitalism does not have any dead school children attached to it. Your idea that crazy people should not be reported as crazy is what got those kids killed. Start registering the lunatics and their families.

There are 300 million guns in the US, and 65 million gun owners. The stats you quote represent the tiniest minority of those. No, you are not changing the rules in an attempt to hold innocent people responsible. When you hold unions responsible for the harm their thugs do, then come talk about justice. When you want to see thethugs prosecuted for the willful and malicious acts they perform, then you MIGHT have a shred of credibility.

A non-reply. How typical. Well, you didn't outright lie, so it is an improvement. But your attempts at insults are weak.

You and Spambot would make a cute couple. They guy obviously craves attention, and you'd give it to him.

At least he hasn't suffered the repeated humiliation you have, and you keep coming back begging for more.

[

Did James holmes and Jerad Miller dress up in a Joker Costume when they went to buy their gun?? That is the only question that matters.

Nope. What matters is they sold a gun to a dangerous crazy person.

[
And what about throwing the shrinks in jail if their patients kill someone?? I notice you avoided that topic.

Did the shrink give them the ability to kill someone? Uh. No.

[
My capitalism does not have any dead school children attached to it. Your idea that crazy people should not be reported as crazy is what got those kids killed. Start registering the lunatics and their families.

No, what gets people killed is that crazy people can buy guns.

[
There are 300 million guns in the US, and 65 million gun owners. The stats you quote represent the tiniest minority of those. No, you are not changing the rules in an attempt to hold innocent people responsible. When you hold unions responsible for the harm their thugs do, then come talk about justice. When you want to see thethugs prosecuted for the willful and malicious acts they perform, then you MIGHT have a shred of credibility.

Okay, we had 32,000 people killed with guns last year.

How many people were killed in labor actions last year? anyone?

I mean, you might have been traumatized because someone saw an inflatable rat, but meh, not seeing it as a big deal.

[

Nope. What matters is they sold a gun to a dangerous crazy person.

[

Did the shrink give them the ability to kill someone? Uh. No.

[

No, what gets people killed is that crazy people can buy guns.

[

Okay, we had 32,000 people killed with guns last year.

How many people were killed in labor actions last year? anyone?

I mean, you might have been traumatized because someone saw an inflatable rat, but meh, not seeing it as a big deal.

And how would the gun dealer know they were crazy? Did they wear a badge that said "I'm Crazy"?

Did the shrink leave them out in public and not report them to the system that would have prevented them from buying a gun? Uh. Yes.

Did the shrink fail to do his actual job? Uh Yes.

They can buy guns because the mental health professionals did not report them to the proper authorities. You know, so they wouldn't be stimatized.

20,000 people in your number killed themselves. That means the crazy criminal executed themselves. I would think you would like that, since you seem to be in favor of arbitrary executions. Or is it only ok when gov't agents shoot them in the back or while they are holding a baby?

[

At least he hasn't suffered the repeated humiliation you have, and you keep coming back begging for more.

Your the one who defends Nazis and Preppers... and don't realize how silly you sound.

Once again you fall back to your habit of lying. I have not defended any Nazis. I have said that they should not be executed simply for what they believe.

And preppers? I don't see anything wrong with being prepared. I see something wrong with giving a crazy person access to guns. I see something wrong with not storing your firearms properly. But being a prepper is smarter than being unprepared.

Your contempt for the rule of law is nothing new, boy.

Thousands of people like to dress up as comic book characters...so what? (Hell, my wife was Harley Quinn at a Halloween party a few years ago.) I imagine the Joker is one of the more popular male Batman villains...HQ probably the second or third most popular female villain. (First is Catwoman, second probably Poison Ivy.)

Your contempt for the rule of law is nothing new, boy.

Thousands of people like to dress up as comic book characters...so what? (Hell, my wife was Harley Quinn at a Halloween party a few years ago.) I imagine the Joker is one of the more popular male Batman villains...HQ probably the second or third most popular female villain. (First is Catwoman, second probably Poison Ivy.)

The funniest part is that this idiot thinks the gun store clerk should know what costumes these people wore last year, and deny their purchase because of it.

[

And how would the gun dealer know they were crazy? Did they wear a badge that said "I'm Crazy"?

Did the shrink leave them out in public and not report them to the system that would have prevented them from buying a gun? Uh. Yes.

His actually job is covered by something called HIPPA. They can't talk about their patients even if they wanted to.

[
They can buy guns because the mental health professionals did not report them to the proper authorities. You know, so they wouldn't be stimatized.

20,000 people in your number killed themselves. That means the crazy criminal executed themselves. I would think you would like that, since you seem to be in favor of arbitrary executions. Or is it only ok when gov't agents shoot them in the back or while they are holding a baby?

I think it's fine if the government shoots them if they are Nazis who think they can take on the government. In fact, examples probably need to be made at that point.

But, when Holmes and Lanza and Cho and Loughner can get guns, then guns are too easy to get.

[

His actually job is covered by something called HIPPA. They can't talk about their patients even if they wanted to.

[

I think it's fine if the government shoots them if they are Nazis who think they can take on the government. In fact, examples probably need to be made at that point.

But, when Holmes and Lanza and Cho and Loughner can get guns, then guns are too easy to get.

His job actually requires that he report any person he believes might be a danger to themselves or others. That is exempt from all HIPPA requirements. In fact, the NICS (the system for background checks before buying a firearm) is set up to take the names and info from mental health professionals. But you claim the shrinks can't tell anyone, but you want to hold a gun seller responsible for knowing it? lmao Hypocritical much?

Yes, I know you are fine with the gov't shooting a 14 year old in the back and murdering a mother as she held her baby in her arms. Just another example of what a despicable person you are. Neither of them had committed a single crime, to say nothing of being tried for a crime before being executed. Your hero, the federal agent shot a 14 year old boy in the back as he ran away. And did so in broad daylight. Regardless of what the Weavers believed, that is a criminal act and murder.

If the mental health professionals refuse to report their patients names, there is no way for gun sellers to know who is crazy.

His job actually requires that he report any person he believes might be a danger to themselves or others. That is exempt from all HIPPA requirements. In fact, the NICS (the system for background checks before buying a firearm) is set up to take the names and info from mental health professionals. But you claim the shrinks can't tell anyone, but you want to hold a gun seller responsible for knowing it? lmao Hypocritical much?

If the mental health professionals refuse to report their patients names, there is no way for gun sellers to know who is crazy.

Sure there is. they don't sell unless they've done THOROUGH background checks.

For instance, before I got my current job, my employers checked-

My credit history.
Everything I put on my resume.
Called all of my personal references.
Asked if I had any relatives on the payroll at that company. (There was one person who was related to me by marriage.)
Had me take a drug test.
And they did a criminal background check.

Not that anything I could do at that job would kill anyone, but they protected their investment pretty well.

Yes, I know you are fine with the gov't shooting a 14 year old in the back and murdering a mother as she held her baby in her arms. Just another example of what a despicable person you are. Neither of them had committed a single crime, to say nothing of being tried for a crime before being executed. Your hero, the federal agent shot a 14 year old boy in the back as he ran away. And did so in broad daylight. Regardless of what the Weavers believed, that is a criminal act and murder.

Well, I look at it this way. raised in the toxic environment he was, Little Sammy was destined for a life of hate crimes and incarcerations.... So it was kind of like shooting Old Yeller.

Sure there is. they don't sell unless they've done THOROUGH background checks.

For instance, before I got my current job, my employers checked-

My credit history.
Everything I put on my resume.
Called all of my personal references.
Asked if I had any relatives on the payroll at that company. (There was one person who was related to me by marriage.)
Had me take a drug test.
And they did a criminal background check.

Not that anything I could do at that job would kill anyone, but they protected their investment pretty well.

Well, I look at it this way. raised in the toxic environment he was, Little Sammy was destined for a life of hate crimes and incarcerations.... So it was kind of like shooting Old Yeller.

When buying a firearm, credit history, resumes, and payrolls are all irrelevant. The NICS should have the names of everyone who has been convicted of a felony, convicted of domestic violence, given a dishonorable discharge from the military, been abdicated as a mental defective, been put in a mental institution, or anyone having a restraining order against them. So there is a criminal background check run on every gun sale a dealer makes.

Look at it this way, you have no way of knowing how he would have grown up. You want to blame guns for the 20,000+ suicides, because they COULD have refrained from doing it if you took away one method. But you think shooting a 14 year old in the back is ok because you know for sure how he would have grown up. Like I said, despicable. They shot a 14 year old child in the back as he ran away. You don't get much lower than that. Unless, of course, it is cheering such action without having the balls to do it yourself.

[

When buying a firearm, credit history, resumes, and payrolls are all irrelevant. The NICS should have the names of everyone who has been convicted of a felony, convicted of domestic violence, given a dishonorable discharge from the military, been abdicated as a mental defective, been put in a mental institution, or anyone having a restraining order against them. So there is a criminal background check run on every gun sale a dealer makes.

I agree. Too bad that gun sellers largely ignore these things. And that private gun sales and gun shows allow you to get around the few limits that are there.

My point was, before my employer put me on the payroll, they made darned sure what they were getting in for. The public should expect no less before they give someone a gun.

[
Look at it this way, you have no way of knowing how he would have grown up. You want to blame guns for the 20,000+ suicides, because they COULD have refrained from doing it if you took away one method. But you think shooting a 14 year old in the back is ok because you know for sure how he would have grown up. Like I said, despicable. They shot a 14 year old child in the back as he ran away. You don't get much lower than that. Unless, of course, it is cheering such action without having the balls to do it yourself.

No, they shot a 14 year old NAZI in the back. In World War II, the Nazis got teenagers to do horrible things, and we are just chasing the last of them down now.

I blame Randy Weaver for his son's death. Someone who would send his children out with guns because he was afraid that either the government or the other slimeballs he dealt with might be out to kill him is beneath contempt.

A federal agent trying to protect his life when being shot at by crazy people I can cut some slack.

[

I agree. Too bad that gun sellers largely ignore these things. And that private gun sales and gun shows allow you to get around the few limits that are there.

My point was, before my employer put me on the payroll, they made darned sure what they were getting in for. The public should expect no less before they give someone a gun.

[

No, they shot a 14 year old NAZI in the back. In World War II, the Nazis got teenagers to do horrible things, and we are just chasing the last of them down now.

I blame Randy Weaver for his son's death. Someone who would send his children out with guns because he was afraid that either the government or the other slimeballs he dealt with might be out to kill him is beneath contempt.

A federal agent trying to protect his life when being shot at by crazy people I can cut some slack.

The gun sellers ignore NONE of those things. They use the NICS to determine them. All of those reasons for denying a sale are supposed to be listed in the NICS. In fact, it is required by federal law that they be listed.

And the gun sellers make sure that their customers have not been convicted of a felony, convicted of domestic violence, given a dishonorable discharge from the military, been abdicated as a mental defective, been put in a mental institution, or anyone having a restraining order against them. Obviously your company did not see that you are a compulsive liar. And you want to hold gun sellers responsible for what they cannot possibly know. How would a gun seller know what costumes someone wore??

They shot a 14 year old child in the back. That is the fundamental fact. The agents opened fire first. The two people had no way of know who they were, since they did not identify themselves or wear any law enforcement insignia.

In this country we prosecute, and possibly execute people for what they do. Not what they believe. And certainly not for what they MIGHT grow up to be.

Forum List

Back