Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Joe wants to shift to talk about Rand.

So he doesn't haven't to answer to his lies.

No, I've stated that I don't talk about where I work in any of my three jobs, any more than I use my real name here.

Because unlike Dick Dynasty, I don't involve them in these kinds of arguments.

Another lie.

You involved them when you lied and said they pulled DD products.

Like a 3-year old.

No, because I didn't name them, I didn't involve them.

Again, reason isn't your strong suit at all.

[

Contractual violations are matters for attorneys. They will have access to the contract and all of its terms.

What hurts A&E in any contractual dispute is that they knew the questions that would be asked and had a network representative present during the entire GQ interview. That negates any claim that Phil Robertson surprised them and his answer was unexpected.

A&E can't control what comes out of this guy's mouth.

LIke I said, they are probably just waiting to see what else turns up when people start checking their home videos where this clown has spoken, to see if anything worse turns up.

If something does, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If something doesn't, then they can say he took some sensitivity training and sing kumbaya and all is good.

Although we are probably looking at DD's "Jump the Shark" moment anyway.

No, because I didn't name them, I didn't involve them.

Again, reason isn't your strong suit at all.

You believe your own lies. Which is part of the pathological nature.

You said your employer, a "big box retailer" pulled DD merchandise.

That was a lie. And then you lied more to cover your previous lies.

You could simply say I work for "Insert Big Box" which we would look and find nothing of pulling DD merchandise.

Lies begat lies.

When you view your failed military stint, drug addiction and failed work history, it makes sense.

Uh, no, guy, I'm not. I just don't validate your Ayn Randian world view.

You know who else didn't. Ayn Rand.

That bitch went on Social Security and MediCare when she got old and sick.

Liar trying to change focus.

You will never name the store because it is a lie.

Nope, I won't name the store because I signed an agreement not to discuss where i work in public forums.

:lol::lol::lol: yeah, right. all janitors are forced to sign non disclosure agreements,

one lie to cover another lie, you are as bad as your hero obama.

[

Contractual violations are matters for attorneys. They will have access to the contract and all of its terms.

What hurts A&E in any contractual dispute is that they knew the questions that would be asked and had a network representative present during the entire GQ interview. That negates any claim that Phil Robertson surprised them and his answer was unexpected.

A&E can't control what comes out of this guy's mouth.

LIke I said, they are probably just waiting to see what else turns up when people start checking their home videos where this clown has spoken, to see if anything worse turns up.

If something does, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If something doesn't, then they can say he took some sensitivity training and sing kumbaya and all is good.

Although we are probably looking at DD's "Jump the Shark" moment anyway.

No they can't control what comes out of the guy's mouth. But knowing that this question would be asked, and knowing what the likely response would be, A&E could have told GQ "you can't ask that question". Because they did have control over what questions were asked, just like every other network or studio does.

The film of Phil Robertson screaming hellfire from the pulpit was made in 2010, well within the contractual period of the show. A&E was well aware of it. They were probably there filiming it themselves.

At this point, it is quite likely that the whole Robertson family will refuse to continue with A&E. I know if it were me, I would tell them to fuck off in no uncertain terms. It's not like their livelihood depends on the next juicy film role.

The mistake liberals are making is in thinking that the Duck Dynasty show is so important to the Robertsons that they will violate their religious beliefs to keep it.

That would be wrong.

FUX NEWS is NOT obligated to promote the liberal ideology, and they don't. A&E is not obligated to promote the con ideology. So the con whine about it is lame.

FUX NEWS is NOT obligated to promote the liberal ideology, and they don't. A&E is not obligated to promote the con ideology. So the con whine about it is lame.

But you are OK with NBC and MSNBC promoting the far left ideology. For the record, on every Fox show the liberal position is given equal time. The problem is that when both sides are given equal time, the left always loses because liberalism is a flawed ideology.

the left only wins when the right is not allowed to speak. You know it, I know it, every thinking person knows it.

The mistake liberals are making is in thinking that the Duck Dynasty show is so important to the Robertsons that they will violate their religious beliefs to keep it.

That would be wrong.

I wonder what would happen if one of our butt-ranger lib actors came out of the closet and admitted to being gay, then got fired from their TV Show for coming out?

What do you think? Think there would be hell to pay? And rightfully so?

libturds are hypocrites of the highest order

CNN says no one should be fired for being gay.

Opinion: No one should be fired for being gay - CNN.com

But a Christian?

That's just fine.

liberal scum

That would be wrong.

I agree with most of that as that has been my point.
But where is Phil backing up what his beliefs are NOW, CURRENTLY?
No where to be found.
Could it be that their religious beliefs are worn on their shirt sleeve and marketed just like everything else they do?
And I have no problem with that.
But that flies in the face of what I was taught a Christian should be.
But there you go. I do not judge their religious beliefs.
But I hear others judge mine all the time.

That would be wrong.

I wonder what would happen if one of our butt-ranger lib actors came out of the closet and admitted to being gay, then got fired from their TV Show for coming out?

But a Christian?

That's just fine.

liberal scum

Phil Robertson has not been fired from the show.
He willingly accepted a punishment.

That would be wrong.

I agree with most of that as that has been my point.
But where is Phil backing up what his beliefs are NOW, CURRENTLY?
No where to be found.
Could it be that their religious beliefs are worn on their shirt sleeve and marketed just like everything else they do?
And I have no problem with that.
But that flies in the face of what I was taught a Christian should be.
But there you go. I do not judge their religious beliefs.
But I hear others judge mine all the time.

He doesn't have to justify himself or his beliefs. Of course the liberal media would like to trot him out on The View to defend his beliefs so they can manipulate the situation. He doesn't have to back up his beliefs. They just are. If you want to hear him preach, go to the Church where he is an Elder, you'll hear plenty.

That would be wrong.

But a Christian?

That's just fine.

liberal scum

"Willingly" huh?

What were his alternatives? Do you have a link?

Of course not......

dimocraps, heard one, heard 'em all.

BTW, didja know? The entire 5th season of DD has already been filmed.

Think A&E will toss it in the shitter because of Phil Robertson's remarks?

If you do, you're even dumber than I thought.

dimocraps never cease to amaze

Last edited:

That would be wrong.

But a Christian?

That's just fine.

liberal scum

"punishment" so expressing ones religious and personal views is a punishable crime? welcome to north korea.

I don't think anyone wants A&E to promote any ideology. They are complaining that Phil Robertson was unfairly suspended for his comments. I might disagree but I won't mischaracterize the situation.

The fifth season was the last under this 5 year contract. It was up for renewal. Maybe one of the reasons A&E set it up was to reduce what they had to pay the Robertsons.

[

believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is not a phobia---it is a belief based on religious teachings and biology.

Okay, let's eviserate this stupidity.

First, homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom. When a male dog humps another male dog, all the other dogs don't whip out bibles and start calling the dog nasty names. So, sorry, Science and Biology give your homophobia no solace. nature just doesn't give a flip about your hangups.

So that leaves you with "religious teachings".

Okay. Religious teachings say "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live". And for centuries, they burned women and sometimes men for "witchcraft", which could be anything from acting a bit odd to knowing what herbs and roots made good medical treatments. And then someone finally figured out, "Geezus, this is the 18th century! There are no freakin' witches."

At least in the advanced world. There are third world countries where they still kill women for being witches. Heck, Sarah Palin's church even invited a witch-hunter to speak.

Slavery, Genocide, genital mutilation, all these things have been justified as "religious teachings" at some point. And thankfully, sane, rational people reject them today.

So do you really have an argument against homosexuality other than "I think it's icky." ?

:clap2:

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

its apparent you don't watch MSNBC ... Martin Bashir has been off the Air for 3 weeks or more not sure on the Length ... so you don't get a pass on that one... and the guy was taken off the air by A&E nobody else... groups like GLAAD should be protesting his remarks don't they have the right to free speech too or is it just you religious whack-o's get to have free speech

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

they are a companies ... companies are people, people get the right to do what they want with their company Regarding free speech ... if you as a employee can't keep your big mouth shut and your opinions to yourself, and your big mouth cause them financial problems they have the right to do what ever they please

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

this isn't a first amendment issue ....its a companies right to fire you for what ever reason they choose ... after all it was you republicans that blocked employee's bill of right for working ... that would have stop this thing .... so now when it happens to you guys its the biggest crime of the year

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

no one is not allowing you to be a person of faith no noe ever saoidh Phil you can't be a christian like the first amendment i they are saying you can force your religious Ideals with out clearing them with us first he didn't do that he open his big mouth struck his foot in ... now he is suffering the consequences for it ...

finally about free speech ... we liberals feel that you should say "happy holidays" in stead of "Merry Christmas" feeling that you might offend other religions ... for the past 9 years you on the right accuse us of having a war on the christian religion ... just because we feel its wrong in offending other faiths .... so why is it the biggest crime of the decade because we feel we have the right to say "happy holidays" where you feel we can't say that because we don't want you to be able to say merry christmas .... which by the way we have never suggested that you can't say "Merry Christmas"

spellcheck is your friend---------try it :eusa_hand:

And great big boldface is not... :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back