Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

The whole family told A&E to fuck off---not using those words, but effectively the same thing.

good now we will be rid of them

It is sad how close minded and bigoted you liberals really are.

tapatalk post

the day a liberal is close mined is when the earth ends ... the day a liberal is a bigoted ... then life stops... it wasn't the liberals that attacked anyone here, it was A&E Exercising their rights as a corporation to do what they did ... the gay community has had the religious right on their case as long as I can remember ... so when they now are getting their rights, as they should have, you get a small minded bigoted rednecks trying to take it away again because of what rerason ??? their religious views ...

Last edited:

tapatalk post

the day a liberal is close mined is when the earth ends ... the day a liberal is a bigoted ... then life stops... it wasn't the liberals that attacked anyone here, it was A&E Exercising their rights as a corporation to do what they did ... the gay community has had the religious right on their case as long as I can remember ... so when they now are getting their rights, as they should have, you get a small minded bigoted rednecks trying to take it away again because of what rerason ??? their religious views ...

Well then billy, consider this the end of days buddy! There are so many closed minded liberals out there that that if you stood them end on end with each other, they'd stretch to Alpha Centauri and back many times over!

tapatalk post

You are so f****** stupid you actually see fascism as open minded good lord boy

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

You are so f****** stupid you actually see fascism as open minded good lord boy

tapatalk post

they do think highly of themselves, don't they?
If he only knew how many are laughing at that post

Okay, let's eviserate this stupidity.

First, homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom. When a male dog humps another male dog, all the other dogs don't whip out bibles and start calling the dog nasty names. So, sorry, Science and Biology give your homophobia no solace. nature just doesn't give a flip about your hangups.

So that leaves you with "religious teachings".

Okay. Religious teachings say "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live". And for centuries, they burned women and sometimes men for "witchcraft", which could be anything from acting a bit odd to knowing what herbs and roots made good medical treatments. And then someone finally figured out, "Geezus, this is the 18th century! There are no freakin' witches."

At least in the advanced world. There are third world countries where they still kill women for being witches. Heck, Sarah Palin's church even invited a witch-hunter to speak.

Slavery, Genocide, genital mutilation, all these things have been justified as "religious teachings" at some point. And thankfully, sane, rational people reject them today.

So do you really have an argument against homosexuality other than "I think it's icky." ?

:clap2:

When a male dog humps another male dog he isn't expressing love or a desire to mate. He is exercising domination over that dog. Dogs do not engage in anal intercourse. If a dog did attempt such a thing (it might be impossible since dog erections are triggered by scent) the other dog would tear him to bits. It would be the dog fight of all dog fights.

Female dogs hump just as much as male dogs to express domination. Female dogs hump male dogs for the same reason.

So don't come up with homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom and use dogs as an example, dogs have better sense than you do.

It's instructive to see what part of that post certain readers center on while the rest of it flies over their collective oblivious head.

The network will do fine, and since the control the show's concept, it won't go elsewhere.

Unless A&E violated their contract. Which they did.

Explain.

.... Still waiting...
impatient.gif

No, just a simple reality. He's made his homophobia an issue.

A&E/Disney has to make a choice. Do we double down on the HOmophobe and anything else he might have said, or do we cut our losses and see how this plays out.

Again, it's a BUSINESS decision. Which you wingnuts are usually all for when it's average working folks getting the shitty end of that stick.

Patterson is going to be FINE. He's made plenty of money and his duck call business is probably going to be okay as well.

believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is not a phobia---it is a belief based on religious teachings and biology.

Believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is a manifestation of ignorance, stupidity, and hate – all of which you’re entitled to express.

Just as gay Americans are at liberty to admonish you for your ignorance, stupidity, and hate.

And private society will evaluate both positions and make a determination as to which is appropriate and which is not
It is interesting how liberals are now free market libertarians when it comes to allowing a corporation to fire or suspend it's workers for stating their religious/moral or political views.

So I will pose a scenario to them. Let's say there was an employee for a major corporation, like Dow Chemical. This individual happened to be an Atheist. He goes on facebook(outside his work environment mind you), and criticizes Christmas, saying God is not real and Jesus is a myth. Dow Chemical finds out and fires him. Are you saying Dow Chemical has the right to fire someone for criticizing a religion?

the day a liberal is close mined is when the earth ends ... the day a liberal is a bigoted ... then life stops...

Sometimes I'll see a post on this site and have to read it a couple of times to make I'm seeing what I'm seeing. Then, when it turns out that I did read it right the first time, I can only shake my head.

Billy, you're one of the most vulgar, hateful, closed-minded, bigoted people on this board, and you....

Oh well.

Breathtaking.

the day a liberal is close mined is when the earth ends ... the day a liberal is a bigoted ... then life stops...

Sometimes I'll see a post on this site and have to read it a couple of times to make I'm seeing what I'm seeing. Then, when it turns out that I did read it right the first time, I can only shake my head.

Billy, you're one of the most vulgar, hateful, closed-minded, bigoted people on this board, and you....

Oh well.

Breathtaking.

Seconded.

believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is not a phobia---it is a belief based on religious teachings and biology.

Believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is a manifestation of ignorance, stupidity, and hate – all of which you’re entitled to express.

Just as gay Americans are at liberty to admonish you for your ignorance, stupidity, and hate.

And private society will evaluate both positions and make a determination as to which is appropriate and which is not
It is interesting how liberals are now free market libertarians when it comes to allowing a corporation to fire or suspend it's workers for stating their religious/moral or political views.

So I will pose a scenario to them. Let's say there was an employee for a major corporation, like Dow Chemical. This individual happened to be an Atheist. He goes on facebook(outside his work environment mind you), and criticizes Christmas, saying God is not real and Jesus is a myth. Dow Chemical finds out and fires him. Are you saying Dow Chemical has the right to fire someone for criticizing a religion?

Let's say there was a troll who kept posting the same master-bait over and over for the purpose of setting them so as to dictate to people he doesn't know what they think. And let's say this poster was an idiot not to mention a racist asshole.

But I repeat myself.

Where in all that is the atheist saying anything negative about a live human?

Let's say there was a troll who kept posting the same master-bait over and over for the purpose of setting them so as to dictate to people he doesn't know what they think. And let's say this poster was an idiot not to mention a racist asshole.

But I repeat myself.

It isn't trolling, it is a good question to ask to see if the left is consistent, because they apparently believe private corporations have the right to fire you for your beliefs. You freaked out yesterday when I asked it, and insisted you were only angry that he violated the "morality clause" and nothing else. But maybe someone else will give me a straight answer to a pretty simple question.

Probably.

Where in all that is the atheist saying anything negative about a live human?
I don't follow. So you can criticize religious institutions and be protected from being fired, but you can be fired for disagreeing with a sexual preference?

Probably.

What do you mean probably? Do you not know what your opinion is?

Forum List

Back