Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Guy, real businesses don't work like that.

My weekend job is working in a big box store,and all the DD stuff has been taken off the shelves, quietly.

In a year, we'll be scratching our heads trying to remember who these fools were.

I was in Barnes & Noble a couple hours ago...they had a bunch of Duck Commander (not Duck Dynasty) stuff, and a bunch of empty spots on the display where more of it had been sold. The stuff is flying off the shelves!

No shortage of morons in this country, huh.

To be accurate the quote is, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public" (H.L. Mencken)

-- which explains why DD ever got on the air in the first place... not to mention the rest of the mindless pap A&E has descended to...

Guy, real businesses don't work like that.

My weekend job is working in a big box store,and all the DD stuff has been taken off the shelves, quietly.

In a year, we'll be scratching our heads trying to remember who these fools were.

I was in Barnes & Noble a couple hours ago...they had a bunch of Duck Commander (not Duck Dynasty) stuff, and a bunch of empty spots on the display where more of it had been sold. The stuff is flying off the shelves!

Liberals have been rather poor at boycotts lately. They tried to boycott Chick Fil A, and their revenues increased. They tried to boycott the Winter Olympics, that faded after a week or so. I don't expect the record of failure to turn around here. Duck Dynasty's revenues will increase and they will get a better deal on another station.

They seem to have the Midas touch, though they don't want to have the touch. Whatever they boycott becomes more popular and profitable, lol.

To be accurate the quote is, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public" (H.L. Mencken)

-- which explains why DD ever got on the air in the first place... not to mention the rest of the mindless pap A&E has descended to...
Why am I not surprised the homosexual lobby is attracted to mindless pap?

Why did they get in such a fuss over a show they don't even watch if the mainstream homosexual community wasn't so attracted to mindless pap?

And don't forget....it explains why the clean on hissef neeeeeegro is in the White House.

FUX NEWS is NOT obligated to promote the liberal ideology, and they don't. A&E is not obligated to promote the con ideology. So the con whine about it is lame.

But you are OK with NBC and MSNBC promoting the far left ideology. For the record, on every Fox show the liberal position is given equal time. The problem is that when both sides are given equal time, the left always loses because liberalism is a flawed ideology.

the left only wins when the right is not allowed to speak. You know it, I know it, every thinking person knows it.

MSNBC has Morning Joe(Scarborough), a devoted right winger. Also Crossfire with far right and far left, stirring the shit pot. As for your FUX comment, if you were Pinochio you could pole vault with your nose.

Liberals have been rather poor at boycotts lately. They tried to boycott Chick Fil A, and their revenues increased. They tried to boycott the Winter Olympics, that faded after a week or so. I don't expect the record of failure to turn around here. Duck Dynasty's revenues will increase and they will get a better deal on another station.

They seem to have the Midas touch, though they don't want to have the touch. Whatever they boycott becomes more popular and profitable, lol.

Unless it gets canned altogether, which is more likely at this point.

I don't follow. So you can criticize religious institutions and be protected from being fired, but you can be fired for disagreeing with a sexual preference?

Good question as this is what is going on here.
PEOPLE complained to A & E about Robertson.
A & E is in business with stockholders. They demand and are used to a large profit.
They hear complaints about Robertson being on their network from their advertisers.
Advertisers do not care about anything but RATINGS.
And if a group or small group of folk that buy your widgets get pissed at Robertson, OR ANYONE, and your sales go down 5% then you call A & E and say "Hey now, I paid you fucks 7.3 million last year. You go tell per my contract with you, you tell Robertson to clam up or I will turn all my ad revenues to another network"
Take a wild guess what ALWAYS happens next.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

:lol:

DD is and will be #1

Funny, that is exactly what happened.
You would allow anyone to say what they wanted and you would not answer to those that pay your salary because you are a Christian.
And a broke Christian with no business.
Real world. Please join us other fiscal conservatives that understand business in it.

What do you mean probably? Do you not know what your opinion is?

I mean probably.

You are still trying to say that A&E suspended dickhead for his beliefs. They did not. They suspended him for saying stupid shit. He can believe whatever he wants.....but when he is talking to someone on the record, he needs to say stupid shit. A&E is not interested in being known as the place to look for stupidity.

Now.....the case you mentioned.....is not as cut and dried stupid. So I went with the LEGAL angle. In most cases, a company can fire you for just about any reason. Of course, the dismissal is subject to litigation.....and might be overturned. But they can drop that hammer on you for shit like that.

The same occurs in North Korea, you can believe what you want, but you are certainly held accountable if you state your beliefs. That is a very lame cop out. Of course he was fired for his beliefs. If he stated how he supports homosexual marriage, he wouldn't have been fired.

Apparently A&E isn't interested in money either. They are going to lose their highest grossing show to another network over some whiny homosexuals who didn't even watch the show to begin with. Poor business decision if you ask me.

It is cut and dry. I am not talking about law, I am talking about your personal view. Should corporations have the right to fire you for your beliefs?

This is ridiculous, it’s ignorant as well.

This situation is nothing like North Korea.

A&E is not a ‘government,’ it doesn’t have the authority or ability to arrest or detain; A&E is a private company acting in what it perceived to be its best interests – nothing more.

Robertson retains his right to speak freely, his liberty is in no way in jeopardy, which is why the comparison to NK is idiocy.

I mean probably.

You are still trying to say that A&E suspended dickhead for his beliefs. They did not. They suspended him for saying stupid shit. He can believe whatever he wants.....but when he is talking to someone on the record, he needs to say stupid shit. A&E is not interested in being known as the place to look for stupidity.

Now.....the case you mentioned.....is not as cut and dried stupid. So I went with the LEGAL angle. In most cases, a company can fire you for just about any reason. Of course, the dismissal is subject to litigation.....and might be overturned. But they can drop that hammer on you for shit like that.

The same occurs in North Korea, you can believe what you want, but you are certainly held accountable if you state your beliefs. That is a very lame cop out. Of course he was fired for his beliefs. If he stated how he supports homosexual marriage, he wouldn't have been fired.

Apparently A&E isn't interested in money either. They are going to lose their highest grossing show to another network over some whiny homosexuals who didn't even watch the show to begin with. Poor business decision if you ask me.

It is cut and dry. I am not talking about law, I am talking about your personal view. Should corporations have the right to fire you for your beliefs?

That is ridiculous. You cannot claim to love this country and what it stands for and then couch issues like this in terms that exclude the law.

A&E felt that what dickhead said was counter to their corporate goals. They acted. He can sue if he wants. It will be decided in court or by his lack of action.

Should they have the right is a moral question.

Do they have the right is a legal question.

Without regard for the law? You want to know what I would do if I were king? I can have fun with that. We must assume that I have no financial interest in Dickhead Dynasty or Dow Chemical.

Neither dickhead nor the person in your example would be fired.

Happy now?

There's a law that says you can't think homosexuality is a sin?

tapatalk post

I mean probably.

A&E is not a ‘government,’ it doesn’t have the authority or ability to arrest or detain; A&E is a private company acting in what it perceived to be its best interests – nothing more.

Robertson retains his right to speak freely, his liberty is in no way in jeopardy, which is why the comparison to NK is idiocy.

I am not talking about speech laws or lack there of. The poster said he wasn't fired for his beliefs, he was fired for his speech. That would be equivalent to saying you have the right to believe what you want in North Korea, as long as you don't say it. What I am saying is speech and belief are the same thing. If he had said he supported gay marriage he wouldn't have been fired. He is being fired because of his beliefs. That is the parallel to North Korea.

So a private company should be able to fire whomever they wish for their political/religious beliefs? Let's say there was an employee for a major corporation, like Dow Chemical. This individual happened to be an Atheist. He goes on facebook(outside his work environment mind you), and criticizes Christmas, saying God is not real and Jesus is a myth. Dow Chemical finds out and fires him. Are you saying Dow Chemical has the right to fire someone for criticizing a religion?

I mean probably.

Only because it shows that you liberals are fascists.

tapatalk post

FUX NEWS is NOT obligated to promote the liberal ideology, and they don't. A&E is not obligated to promote the con ideology. So the con whine about it is lame.

But you are OK with NBC and MSNBC promoting the far left ideology. For the record, on every Fox show the liberal position is given equal time. The problem is that when both sides are given equal time, the left always loses because liberalism is a flawed ideology.

the left only wins when the right is not allowed to speak. You know it, I know it, every thinking person knows it.

MSNBC has Morning Joe(Scarborough), a devoted right winger. Also Crossfire with far right and far left, stirring the shit pot. As for your FUX comment, if you were Pinochio you could pole vault with your nose.

the difference is that no one watches MSNBC, their audience share is tiny.

Where has anyone stopped Robertson from fully expressing his religious views?
That has never happened.

That has never happened.

thats not the issue. He has been "punished" for holding and expressing views that are not deemed to be politically correct.

No matter how you look at it, A&E handled this in a very ham-handed way and it is going to cost them a lot of money. And I mean a LOT of money.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the CEO of A&E looking for a job as a girl Friday soon.

Most popular cable show IN HISTORY--EVER, and this ditsy bitch couldn't find a better way to handle it?

At the very least, they'll have to release the rest of the people in the show and they'll be able to sign with another network... For a LOT more money.

A&E just fucked themselves out of a lot of money. I hope they think it was worth it.

morons
images

Only because it shows that you liberals are fascists.

Martin Bashir, Alec Baldwin, Keith Olbermann fired from MSNBC...
Bill Maher fired from ABC...
Bob Costas, David Gregory and Piers Morgan must be "fired", "jailed" and "deported"...
Jocelyn Elders railroaded...
Dixie Chicks boycotted, CDs crushed by bulldozers...
(recalling Beatle record bonfires)...
PATRIOT act, Iraq war hysteria, "freedom fries" and O'Liarly's boycott on France...

Damn liburruls.

tapatalk post

Good to know these deep thoughts are coming from a deep-thought brain sweat device :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That has never happened.

thats not the issue. He has been "punished" for holding and expressing views that are not deemed to be politically correct.

There is no such thing as ‘political correctness,’ as private society is entitled to admonish those who speak or act in an inappropriate manner; and the network had every right to suspend the cast member accordingly.

Would you prefer governments determine and dictate social norms and mores through legislation?

Or are you one of those rightists who believes minorities should simply stay quiet and out of sight when subject to abuse, offering no protest?

[

Stupidity. Complete and utter stupidity.

But, that's what dimocraps represent best....

When a male dog 'mounts' another male, it is asserting dominance. Not trying to butt-fuck it.

Fucking moron.

As to the rest....? Try again. This time without the stupid.

Guy you really didn't have an answer to what I said, did you?

Dogs just don't get hung up on the sex thing like you do.

Forum List

Back