Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

[

believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is not a phobia---it is a belief based on religious teachings and biology.

Okay, let's eviserate this stupidity.

First, homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom. When a male dog humps another male dog, all the other dogs don't whip out bibles and start calling the dog nasty names. So, sorry, Science and Biology give your homophobia no solace. nature just doesn't give a flip about your hangups.

So that leaves you with "religious teachings".

Okay. Religious teachings say "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live". And for centuries, they burned women and sometimes men for "witchcraft", which could be anything from acting a bit odd to knowing what herbs and roots made good medical treatments. And then someone finally figured out, "Geezus, this is the 18th century! There are no freakin' witches."

At least in the advanced world. There are third world countries where they still kill women for being witches. Heck, Sarah Palin's church even invited a witch-hunter to speak.

Slavery, Genocide, genital mutilation, all these things have been justified as "religious teachings" at some point. And thankfully, sane, rational people reject them today.

So do you really have an argument against homosexuality other than "I think it's icky." ?

:clap2:

When a male dog humps another male dog, all the other dogs don't whip out bibles and start calling the dog nasty names.

Stupidity. Complete and utter stupidity.

But, that's what dimocraps represent best....

When a male dog 'mounts' another male, it is asserting dominance. Not trying to butt-fuck it.

Fucking moron.

As to the rest....? Try again. This time without the stupid.

Another lie to cover the lie.

What big box has a " you can't say were work you work in public forum rule" ?

Joe is like Obama and the rest of that ilk.

Lie to your face to meet a political end.

Again, I don't work for a big box store, I work for a vendor that sells inside the store.

And, yes, I have a very extensive confidentiality agreement with them.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

Lying is your strong suit.

You have no honor and would get your ass beat among the honorable.

:dig:

Go loop somewhere else, troll.

I've never seen the show but I understand they prayed as a family at the end of every show.....

So A&E "opened the door" for them and their religious expression.

All PR did was to continue to express his religious beliefs when asked about them for an interview with GQ.

A&E is gonna take it up the ass on this one.

Pun intended

The network will do fine, and since the control the show's concept, it won't go elsewhere.

Unless A&E violated their contract. Which they did.

Explain.

The mistake liberals are making is in thinking that the Duck Dynasty show is so important to the Robertsons that they will violate their religious beliefs to keep it.

That would be wrong.

I agree with most of that as that has been my point.
But where is Phil backing up what his beliefs are NOW, CURRENTLY?
No where to be found.
Could it be that their religious beliefs are worn on their shirt sleeve and marketed just like everything else they do?

And I have no problem with that.
But that flies in the face of what I was taught a Christian should be.
But there you go. I do not judge their religious beliefs.
But I hear others judge mine all the time.

Perhaps this is why? He isn't stupid you know.

"Don't waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all."

-Mandy Hale

Moreover:

Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense, but a man of understanding remains silent.

Proverbs 11:12

Last edited:
[

believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is not a phobia---it is a belief based on religious teachings and biology.

Okay, let's eviserate this stupidity.

First, homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom. When a male dog humps another male dog, all the other dogs don't whip out bibles and start calling the dog nasty names. So, sorry, Science and Biology give your homophobia no solace. nature just doesn't give a flip about your hangups.

So that leaves you with "religious teachings".

Okay. Religious teachings say "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live". And for centuries, they burned women and sometimes men for "witchcraft", which could be anything from acting a bit odd to knowing what herbs and roots made good medical treatments. And then someone finally figured out, "Geezus, this is the 18th century! There are no freakin' witches."

At least in the advanced world. There are third world countries where they still kill women for being witches. Heck, Sarah Palin's church even invited a witch-hunter to speak.

Slavery, Genocide, genital mutilation, all these things have been justified as "religious teachings" at some point. And thankfully, sane, rational people reject them today.

So do you really have an argument against homosexuality other than "I think it's icky." ?

:clap2:

When a male dog humps another male dog he isn't expressing love or a desire to mate. He is exercising domination over that dog. Dogs do not engage in anal intercourse. If a dog did attempt such a thing (it might be impossible since dog erections are triggered by scent) the other dog would tear him to bits. It would be the dog fight of all dog fights.

Female dogs hump just as much as male dogs to express domination. Female dogs hump male dogs for the same reason.

So don't come up with homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom and use dogs as an example, dogs have better sense than you do.

If Phil Robertson was sincere in his beliefs he would have told A & E TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES or something a little more civil similar to that with the same message.
Instead where is he?
Hiding out and doing as he is/was told.
Fine with me but he is not participating in this pity party that "Phil was wronged" Bull Shit Parade.

The whole family told A&E to fuck off---not using those words, but effectively the same thing.

good now we will be rid of them

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

its apparent you don't watch MSNBC ... Martin Bashir has been off the Air for 3 weeks or more not sure on the Length ... so you don't get a pass on that one... and the guy was taken off the air by A&E nobody else... groups like GLAAD should be protesting his remarks don't they have the right to free speech too or is it just you religious whack-o's get to have free speech

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

they are a companies ... companies are people, people get the right to do what they want with their company Regarding free speech ... if you as a employee can't keep your big mouth shut and your opinions to yourself, and your big mouth cause them financial problems they have the right to do what ever they please

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

this isn't a first amendment issue ....its a companies right to fire you for what ever reason they choose ... after all it was you republicans that blocked employee's bill of right for working ... that would have stop this thing .... so now when it happens to you guys its the biggest crime of the year

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

no one is not allowing you to be a person of faith no noe ever saoidh Phil you can't be a christian like the first amendment i they are saying you can force your religious Ideals with out clearing them with us first he didn't do that he open his big mouth struck his foot in ... now he is suffering the consequences for it ...

finally about free speech ... we liberals feel that you should say "happy holidays" in stead of "Merry Christmas" feeling that you might offend other religions ... for the past 9 years you on the right accuse us of having a war on the christian religion ... just because we feel its wrong in offending other faiths .... so why is it the biggest crime of the decade because we feel we have the right to say "happy holidays" where you feel we can't say that because we don't want you to be able to say merry christmas .... which by the way we have never suggested that you can't say "Merry Christmas"

spellcheck is your friend---------try it :eusa_hand:

don't need it ... answer the questions loser

If Phil Robertson was sincere in his beliefs he would have told A & E TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES or something a little more civil similar to that with the same message.
Instead where is he?
Fine with me but he is not participating in this pity party that "Phil was wronged" Bull Shit Parade.

The whole family told A&E to fuck off---not using those words, but effectively the same thing.

who's we? a mouse in your pocket, such a hater of other people in this country

Last edited:
Instead where is he?

You always were. No one took control of your television set and forced you to watch.

Liar trying to change focus.

You will never name the store because it is a lie.

Nope, I won't name the store because I signed an agreement not to discuss where i work in public forums.

Another lie to cover the lie.

What big box has a " you can't say were work you work in public forum rule" ?

Joe is like Obama and the rest of that ilk.

Lie to your face to meet a political end.

if he sued them, an settle, that could be a violation of the suit ...

Yeah, because some people have nothing better to do than go through tapes for dumb comments because he said something about homosexuals he must be DESTROYED

Dear gawd shallow and petty

No, just a simple reality. He's made his homophobia an issue.

A&E/Disney has to make a choice. Do we double down on the HOmophobe and anything else he might have said, or do we cut our losses and see how this plays out.

Again, it's a BUSINESS decision. Which you wingnuts are usually all for when it's average working folks getting the shitty end of that stick.

Patterson is going to be FINE. He's made plenty of money and his duck call business is probably going to be okay as well.

Believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is a manifestation of ignorance, stupidity, and hate – all of which you’re entitled to express.

Just as gay Americans are at liberty to admonish you for your ignorance, stupidity, and hate.

And private society will evaluate both positions and make a determination as to which is appropriate and which is not.

Last edited:
Instead where is he?

It is sad how close minded and bigoted you liberals really are.

tapatalk post

Last edited:
The right says you can choose to say anything you want. The left says you MUST say happy holidays.

No, just a simple reality. He's made his homophobia an issue.

A&E/Disney has to make a choice. Do we double down on the HOmophobe and anything else he might have said, or do we cut our losses and see how this plays out.

Again, it's a BUSINESS decision. Which you wingnuts are usually all for when it's average working folks getting the shitty end of that stick.

Patterson is going to be FINE. He's made plenty of money and his duck call business is probably going to be okay as well.

Believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is a manifestation of ignorance, stupidity, and hate – all of which you’re entitled to express.

Just as gay Americans are at liberty to admonish you for your ignorance, stupidity, and hate.

And private society will evaluate both positions and make a determination as to which is appropriate and which is not.

Good answer

The right says you can choose to say anything you want. The left says you MUST say happy holidays.

where did the left ever say you have to say "Happy holidays" ... they did say it wasn't Appropriate to say it because of the other religions in the world, but they never said you had to say it ... nor did they ever bring it to the conversation like the right has ... every year some right wing nut job hears a liberal say " Happy Holidays " and out of their mouths comes, "there's a war on Christmas" ... where ever you get your info from stop going there

who's we? a mouse in your pocket, such a hater of other people in this country

we the people moron.... is that a penis in your mouth again??? you must like the taste ...

You are such a small minded person..when that's all you can come up....ugly on top of it
You aren't worth a person's time

well birds of a feather get small minded together ... like your answer was worth a shit ... it never is ....so I come down to your level put you in your place ...

Forum List

Back