Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

its apparent you don't watch MSNBC ... Martin Bashir has been off the Air for 3 weeks or more not sure on the Length ... so you don't get a pass on that one... and the guy was taken off the air by A&E nobody else... groups like GLAAD should be protesting his remarks don't they have the right to free speech too or is it just you religious whack-o's get to have free speech

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

they are a companies ... companies are people, people get the right to do what they want with their company Regarding free speech ... if you as a employee can't keep your big mouth shut and your opinions to yourself, and your big mouth cause them financial problems they have the right to do what ever they please

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

this isn't a first amendment issue ....its a companies right to fire you for what ever reason they choose ... after all it was you republicans that blocked employee's bill of right for working ... that would have stop this thing .... so now when it happens to you guys its the biggest crime of the year

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

no one is not allowing you to be a person of faith ... no one ever said Phil you can't be a christian ... like the first amendment if they are saying you can't force your religious Ideals without clearing them with them first ... Phil didn't do that ... he open his big mouth struck his foot in ... now he is suffering the consequences for it ...

finally about free speech ... we liberals feel that you should say "happy holidays" in stead of "Merry Christmas" feeling that you might offend other religions ... for the past 9 years you on the right accuse us of having a war on the christian religion ... just because we feel its wrong in offending other faiths .... so why is it the biggest crime of the decade because we feel we have the right to say "happy holidays" where you feel we can't say that because we don't want you to be able to say merry christmas .... which by the way we have never suggested that you can't say "Merry Christmas"

Last edited:
If Phil Robertson was sincere in his beliefs he would have told A & E TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES or something a little more civil similar to that with the same message.
Instead where is he?
Hiding out and doing as he is/was told.
Fine with me but he is not participating in this pity party that "Phil was wronged" Bull Shit Parade.

The whole family told A&E to fuck off---not using those words, but effectively the same thing.

Oh, I don't think so at all.

You might get a spate of homophobes buying his gear for a week or two, but in the long run, stores that don't want the controversy are going to take his stuff off the shelves and the show will probably wind down.

duck dynasty stuff is selling faster than ever. you haters have made them even richer.

have you heard the expression "crazy like a fox"? Robertson won, you fools lost :lol:

I am no hater. I get no satisfaction out of some media portraying Robertson as a bigot and a racist homophobe.
I was the first to coin the phrase "George Zimmerman with a ZZ Top beard" as the way media falsely portrays him
But he is no saint in all this. He has wimped out and gone into hiding.
Because his beliefs take a back seat to CASH.
And I do not fault him for that either.
But that is a fact.

my comment was for Joe, not you.

I don't think he is hiding-------he is just saying "screw this, I am going to go shoot some ducks"

Gay folk are gay folk because they fall in love with folk of the same sex.
I never chose to be straight. Choice means one has to contemplate and compare all their available choices and then make a decision.
Only a dumbass believes that is how all gay folk turned out to fall in love with folk of the same sex and how all straight folk turned out to fall in love with folk of the opposite sex.

thats one theory on it. there are others who see it as a choice that is made. if a person is unable to make a heterosexual connection, its easier to find a homosexual connection. Ever notice that the vast majority of lesbians are unattractive?
But having said that, I strongly believe that gay couples should have equal rights and that they should be able to make a legal commitment to each other.

With people like this in your party, you republicans shouldn't be wondering why you lost 5 of the last 6 popular votes...you should probably be wondering how you won 1 out of the last 6 with this sort of "inteligence".

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

its apparent you don't watch MSNBC ... Martin Bashir has been off the Air for 3 weeks or more not sure on the Length ... so you don't get a pass on that one... and the guy was taken off the air by A&E nobody else... groups like GLAAD should be protesting his remarks don't they have the right to free speech too or is it just you religious whack-o's get to have free speech

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

they are a companies ... companies are people, people get the right to do what they want with their company Regarding free speech ... if you as a employee can't keep your big mouth shut and your opinions to yourself, and your big mouth cause them financial problems they have the right to do what ever they please

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

this isn't a first amendment issue ....its a companies right to fire you for what ever reason they choose ... after all it was you republicans that blocked employee's bill of right for working ... that would have stop this thing .... so now when it happens to you guys its the biggest crime of the year

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

no one is not allowing you to be a person of faith no noe ever saoidh Phil you can't be a christian like the first amendment i they are saying you can force your religious Ideals with out clearing them with us first he didn't do that he open his big mouth struck his foot in ... now he is suffering the consequences for it ...

finally about free speech ... we liberals feel that you should say "happy holidays" in stead of "Merry Christmas" feeling that you might offend other religions ... for the past 9 years you on the right accuse us of having a war on the christian religion ... just because we feel its wrong in offending other faiths .... so why is it the biggest crime of the decade because we feel we have the right to say "happy holidays" where you feel we can't say that because we don't want you to be able to say merry christmas .... which by the way we have never suggested that you can't say "Merry Christmas"

spellcheck is your friend---------try it :eusa_hand:

If Phil Robertson was sincere in his beliefs he would have told A & E TO GO FUCK THEMSELVES or something a little more civil similar to that with the same message.
Instead where is he?
Fine with me but he is not participating in this pity party that "Phil was wronged" Bull Shit Parade.

The whole family told A&E to fuck off---not using those words, but effectively the same thing.

They start re-filming and taking A&E money in Januray. Dumbass.

And you think he cares...why, Joey? He sure as hell doesn't need the money...and if anything, this will HELP his business.

You might get a spate of homophobes buying his gear for a week or two, but in the long run, stores that don't want the controversy are going to take his stuff off the shelves and the show will probably wind down.

duck dynasty stuff is selling faster than ever. you haters have made them even richer.

have you heard the expression "crazy like a fox"? Robertson won, you fools lost :lol:

Guy, real businesses don't work like that.

My weekend job is working in a big box store,and all the DD stuff has been taken off the shelves, quietly.

In a year, we'll be scratching our heads trying to remember who these fools were.

Instead where is he?

They start re-filming and taking A&E money in Januray. Dumbass.

You know this how or are you ad normal talking out of your ass ?

tapatalk post

Guy, real businesses don't work like that.

My weekend job is working in a big box store,and all the DD stuff has been taken off the shelves, quietly.

In a year, we'll be scratching our heads trying to remember who these fools were.

maybe, maybe not, who really cares? Right now the stuff is flying off the shelves and selling out on the internet.

Cracker Barrel had to put most of their stuff back.

What the gay gestapo wanted was Phil Robertson to do what Paul Deen did, make the rounds of the talk shows to apologize where they could castigate him in a group and perhaps create another Gotcha moment. They didn't realize that he isn't interested in publicity. He blew off Barbara Walters and turned down a white house invitation to the annual Correspondent's dinner. They really think he will perform on command for George Stephanopolis?

HAH! I would have done the same thing, told them all to fuck off I'm going hunting (if I hunted).

Which "big box store" has removed all DD stuff ?

Won't say, because I don't want to go on record as to where I work. (I don't actually work for them, I work for a vendor that works inside the store.)

It's a major chain store, however.

What the gay gestapo wanted was Phil Robertson to do what Paul Deen did, make the rounds of the talk shows to apologize where they could castigate him in a group and perhaps create another Gotcha moment. They didn't realize that he isn't interested in publicity. He blew off Barbara Walters and turned down a white house invitation to the annual Correspondent's dinner. They really think he will perform on command for George Stephanopolis?

HAH! I would have done the same thing, told them all to fuck off I'm going hunting (if I hunted).

Actually, what the guy is doing is hiding behind his family.

Kind of like the philandering politician who drags out his whole family for a photo shoot to tell us what a good guy he is, never mind what that hooker says!

I'd respect him more if he came out and took his medicine.

Won't say, because I don't want to go on record as to where I work. (I don't actually work for them, I work for a vendor that works inside the store.)

You're a demonstrated liar too.

Don't forget that part.

You're a liar too.

Don't forget that part.

Uh, no, guy, I'm not. I just don't validate your Ayn Randian world view.

You know who else didn't. Ayn Rand.

That bitch went on Social Security and MediCare when she got old and sick.

Are you sure that Cracker Barrel put the DD stuff back?

Probably realized that a major portion of their customers share Robertsons values.

Forum List

Back