Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Freedom of Religious Opinion?

Anybody has the right to speak out, but depending on the situation, they can be rebuked severely.

Antares does not understand that, though. He just spittles on his chin.

So I can fire someone for attacking Christianity and it's traditions?

How about political opinions? If an employee of my voices an opinion I don't like, can I fire them?

Reality, most of us work in an "At Will" employment situation, where our employers can fire us at any time and not give a reason.

Perhaps if you were treated in such a fashion, you'd change your mind. You never ever know someone until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Frankly, the man is 67 years old, lived through Jim Crow, was a flaming, drug doing, sex happy hippie from the 60's, he had to flee Arkansas after beating a bar owner and his wife to a pulp at a bar. Then someone led him to Christ. Now, when he remembers what he used to be and what he is now, he rightfully proclaims his faith.

It should be criminal to seek the destruction of a man for having an opinion. Given that our law says otherwise and protects the right of someone to be spiteful to another, that is an impossibility. What those two people were doing was voicing an opinion, not a desire to criminalize anything. Try looking up those two words when you get the chance.

He lived through Jim Crow? That must have been horrible for him.

Not all relish black suffering like you democrats do

tapatalk post

As opposed to Republicans, who like to pretend it didn't happen and still doesn't have an effect to this very day.

It is sad how close minded and bigoted you liberals really are.

tapatalk post

the day a liberal is close mined is when the earth ends ... the day a liberal is a bigoted ... then life stops... it wasn't the liberals that attacked anyone here, it was A&E Exercising their rights as a corporation to do what they did ... the gay community has had the religious right on their case as long as I can remember ... so when they now are getting their rights, as they should have, you get a small minded bigoted rednecks trying to take it away again because of what rerason ??? their religious views ...

Well then billy, consider this the end of days buddy! There are so many closed minded liberals out there that that if you stood them end on end with each other, they'd stretch to Alpha Centauri and back many times over!

well dick breath... your post were never worth the read, but worth insulting of you... puff on!!!!

It is sad how close minded and bigoted you liberals really are.

tapatalk post

the day a liberal is close mined is when the earth ends ... the day a liberal is a bigoted ... then life stops... it wasn't the liberals that attacked anyone here, it was A&E Exercising their rights as a corporation to do what they did ... the gay community has had the religious right on their case as long as I can remember ... so when they now are getting their rights, as they should have, you get a small minded bigoted rednecks trying to take it away again because of what rerason ??? their religious views ...

You are so f****** stupid you actually see fascism as open minded good lord boy

tapatalk post

sorry fucking stupid thanatos144 if any one is a fascist here who supports fascism is the republican ... after all it's the republicans who don't want you to have health care ... it's the republicans who don't want you to speak your mind ... it's the republicans who try and stop the people from what they truly want ... example gun control ... a simple little law that says everybody has to be checked to make sure they can buy a gun... the majority of the people want that... there are many things that the majority wants, but you righties block every little thing they ask for ... that's what fascist do... thats says republican all over it

believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is not a phobia---it is a belief based on religious teachings and biology.

Believing that homosexuality is an abnormal human condition is a manifestation of ignorance, stupidity, and hate – all of which you’re entitled to express.

Just as gay Americans are at liberty to admonish you for your ignorance, stupidity, and hate.

And private society will evaluate both positions and make a determination as to which is appropriate and which is not
It is interesting how liberals are now free market libertarians when it comes to allowing a corporation to fire or suspend it's workers for stating their religious/moral or political views.

So I will pose a scenario to them. Let's say there was an employee for a major corporation, like Dow Chemical. This individual happened to be an Atheist. He goes on facebook(outside his work environment mind you), and criticizes Christmas, saying God is not real and Jesus is a myth. Dow Chemical finds out and fires him. Are you saying Dow Chemical has the right to fire someone for criticizing a religion?

its not a one way street here ... we liberals tried to pass a law that stop companies form not be able to fire someone at will or their point of view ... the republicans filibustered it ... what we have said, the corporation has the right to fire any one at will .. that's the law... we don't like it, but that's the law .. so the Answer to your question is
YES they have the right to fire them

When a male dog humps another male dog he isn't expressing love or a desire to mate. He is exercising domination over that dog. Dogs do not engage in anal intercourse. If a dog did attempt such a thing (it might be impossible since dog erections are triggered by scent) the other dog would tear him to bits. It would be the dog fight of all dog fights.

Female dogs hump just as much as male dogs to express domination. Female dogs hump male dogs for the same reason.

So don't come up with homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom and use dogs as an example, dogs have better sense than you do.

It's instructive to see what part of that post certain readers center on while the rest of it flies over their collective oblivious head.

something many of the republicans do ...they see one section in a post and everything else is moot...

You don't HAVE to punish someone who is expressing his beliefs.

That is something you CHOOSE to do.

You COULD just use it as an opportunity to engage in civil debate.

YOU are DECIDING to do SOMETHING ELSE.

Bigotry comes in several forms.

Okay. Here's the debate.

NOrmal Person: "You really shouldn't discriminate against gays because of their sexual orientation."

Funditard: "Them f*****ts is gonna burn in Hell! God Says so!!!"

Okay, we've had our debate. Time to just crush the homophobe as a warning to all the other homophobes to shut the fuck up.

Okay. Here's the debate.

NOrmal Person: "You really shouldn't discriminate against gays because of their sexual orientation."

Okay, we've had our debate. Time to just crush the homophobe as a warning to all the other homophobes to shut the fuck up.

You're proving my point.

You could have chosen not to think of him as a "fucktard". You could have chosen to use his words as an opportunity to open civil discussion.

I want to know what people are thinking, I'd rather actually fix problems. I have no interest in making people "shut the fuck up". I don't think I'm better than other people.

Unless A&E violated their contract. Which they did.

Explain.

.... Still waiting...
impatient.gif

I see you've never sign a contract with morality clauses ... other wise you wouldn't have asked it ... in many contracts that you sign especially if you are representing a brand, in this case the A&E brand ... you have to follow their standards of broadcast ... one being you can't state your point of view before asking the company if you can ... that's standard... after all they are the ones that are getting you the money you want ... where you cause them to lose money, which this moron did, he knew he couldn't say what he said, but he said he'll do what he wants any way, which it got him removed from the show ... if the others feel the same way fine cancel the show ... there another one right down the corner ... ask charley scheen ... he got himself fired and he got another show right down the road... the thing is A&E own the show and everyone in it... so they would have to do something else... maybe start a religious show like the 700 club show ... call it the Phil Robertson racist club where he can spew his special kind of hate like pat does... I kow you'll watch it

Okay. Here's the debate.

You're proving my point.

You could have chosen not to think of him as a "fucktard". You could have chosen to use his words as an opportunity to open civil discussion.

I want to know what people are thinking, I'd rather actually fix problems. I have no interest in making people "shut the fuck up". I don't think I'm better than other people.

Guy, the one thing I've learned in 30 years of having discussions with Funditards is that there is no reasoning with them.

They've got God on their side. They are going to do their best to impose their stupidity on you unless you utterly fucking crush them first.

Okay. Here's the debate.

You're proving my point.

Guy, the one thing I've learned in 30 years of having discussions with Funditards is that there is no reasoning with them.

They've got God on their side. They are going to do their best to impose their stupidity on you unless you utterly fucking crush them first.

Says the far left Obama drone.

Okay. Here's the debate.

You're proving my point.

Maybe you change their minds, maybe you don't.

Maybe as a result of the civil conversation in which each of you is allowed the fundamental dignity of speaking their mind, you will have softened their stance just a bit; maybe you will have changed the minds of others who were not yet set in stone to see things your way.

Your opinions are not worth more than others, no matter what names you call them.

Kosh, you know, the idea of a message board is to actually contribute something substantive to a conversation....

Thanks, bud.

Where in all that is the atheist saying anything negative about a live human?
I don't follow. So you can criticize religious institutions and be protected from being fired, but you can be fired for disagreeing with a sexual preference?

Good question as this is what is going on here.
PEOPLE complained to A & E about Robertson.
A & E is in business with stockholders. They demand and are used to a large profit.
They hear complaints about Robertson being on their network from their advertisers.
Advertisers do not care about anything but RATINGS.
And if a group or small group of folk that buy your widgets get pissed at Robertson, OR ANYONE, and your sales go down 5% then you call A & E and say "Hey now, I paid you fucks 7.3 million last year. You go tell per my contract with you, you tell Robertson to clam up or I will turn all my ad revenues to another network"
Take a wild guess what ALWAYS happens next.

as I said its what in the contract ... so you don't open your mouth and lose your stockholders money ...in this case the people who pay you... it has nothing to do with being a liberlal or a republican it has everything to do with M-O-N-E-Y

I don't know much about this duck dood (thankfully) but I just read another of his quotes, and the creep factor went up to 100.

"A good woman is "hard to find. Mainly because these boys are waiting until they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em.

Look, you wait till they get to be about 20 years old, they only picking that's going to take place is your pocket. You gotta marry these girls when they're 15 or 16, they'll pick your ducks. You need to check with mom and dad about that, of course." -- Speaking at Sportsmen's Ministry in Georgia in 2009.

Preaching about marrying 15-year-olds. You see, that's not pedophilia, it's Southern.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back