Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

no other network would take on the A&E networks lawyers ... every show another network would try to Air they would file copyright Infringement on them ...so these guys are done if A&E Decided to pull the plug

Right. Like you have read any of the contracts in place.

Being a audio Engineer Ive sign more contracts with companies then you ever see ... I have a Mechanical rights on everything I record unless other wise agreed to ... in some contracts I've signed I can't say anything Derogator about any artist that I've recorded ...I can Guarantee you that in their contracts it say we don't want you to express your point of view to anyone in the press with out asking us first ... that's a standard clause in all network contracts ...

no other network would take on the A&E networks lawyers ... every show another network would try to Air they would file copyright Infringement on them ...so these guys are done if A&E Decided to pull the plug

Right. Like you have read any of the contracts in place.

Being a audio Engineer Ive sign more contracts with companies then you ever see ... I have a Mechanical rights on everything I record unless other wise agreed to ... in some contracts I've signed I can't say anything Derogator about any artist that I've recorded ...I can Guarantee you that in their contracts it say we don't want you to express your point of view to anyone in the press with out asking us first ... that's a standard clause in all network contracts ...

You realize that doesn't mean jack shit when speaking of your first hand knowledge of the construct of the Robertson contracts ?

But it is entertaining.

Example?

your whole post is nothing more then you trying to show how pompous you are ... this whole thing isn't about you being able to express your point of view ... its about a network right to fire you for opening your mouth up before asking them if you can using the networks brand. .. that's what its all about ... where you come here try to Demorilze us with your pompous post here ... thinking we won't agree with you... that what phil wasn't doing ... what you posted here ... he in no way was saying his personal opinion ... he was stating the opinion by using his popularity of the show ... which A&E Owns the rights to ... he hasn't the right to step on A&E using their name with out asking...that's what's a laugh ... your pathetic attempt

I absolutely agree that A&E had the right to fire or suspend him.

If you want to think that (a) you have no choice but to punish people who disagree with you, never said that nore do i have the right and/or (b) that your opinions somehow deserve the light of day more than someone else, never implied that nor do i have the right ... there's not much I can do about that. you never say anything unless its in your behalf

I'm not being pompous, I'm just being honest. no your not your trying to say gotch if I didn't agree with youI want to know who has views that are different than mine, what they are thinking, and who agrees with them. You don't.

no I don't agree with you ... you think by just stating rights of the people that solves the debate here ... that you have the gotcha factor behind you ... you don't ... what you tried to do is shame us in believing we were taking this guys rights away from him ... by showing your pompous post ... which it in no way adds to the discussion in what happen ... it is you trying to say see your right and I'm not ... when I clearly said many times its what A&E wants ... it has nothing to do with our right to free speech... where you tried to make this lame attempt to be a free speech issue and you tried to push that agenda here... that liberals are bad and Conservatives protect your rights ... which is the furthest from the truth

A little humility wouldn't kill you, I promise.

you sure have this nasty habit of putting word in other people mouths when Confronted with your assumptions
P.S.
first I don't have any reason to show you or anyone humility, I promise

Last edited:
Geez.
The contract for ALL SAG members which the Robertson family have per A & E is the standard contract for all actors and entertainers that every network uses.
It offers protections such as royalties and many other things for actors.
And it contains everything and anything about how the employer can do what they want.
Even without a contract A & E COULD DO WHAT THEY WANTED TO.
They are his boss.
Geez folks, do not like it move to Cuba. Comrade Fidel has made workers all equal in misery there.

Geez.
The contract for ALL SAG members which the Robertson family have per A & E is the standard contract for all actors and entertainers that every network uses.
It offers protections such as royalties and many other things for actors.
And it contains everything and anything about how the employer can do what they want.
Even without a contract A & E COULD DO WHAT THEY WANTED TO.
They are his boss.
Geez folks, do not like it move to Cuba. Comrade Fidel has made workers all equal in misery there.

The fact is you don't know what their contract says. None of us do but the Robinsons & A & E. You are assuming the contracts are that way because it fits your homosexual agenda.

tapatalk post

your whole post is nothing more then you trying to show how pompous you are ... this whole thing isn't about you being able to express your point of view ... its about a network right to fire you for opening your mouth up before asking them if you can using the networks brand. .. that's what its all about ... where you come here try to Demorilze us with your pompous post here ... thinking we won't agree with you... that what phil wasn't doing ... what you posted here ... he in no way was saying his personal opinion ... he was stating the opinion by using his popularity of the show ... which A&E Owns the rights to ... he hasn't the right to step on A&E using their name with out asking...that's what's a laugh ... your pathetic attempt

If you want to think that (a) you have no choice but to punish people who disagree with you, never said that nore do i have the right and/or (b) that your opinions somehow deserve the light of day more than someone else, never implied that nor do i have the right ... there's not much I can do about that. you never say anything unless its in your behalf

I'm not being pompous, I'm just being honest. no your not your trying to say gotch if I didn't agree with youI want to know who has views that are different than mine, what they are thinking, and who agrees with them. You don't.

no I don't agree with you ... you think by just stating rights of the people that solves the debate here ... that you have the gotcha factor behind you ... you don't ... what you tried to do is shame us in believing we were taking this guys rights away from him ... by showing your pompous post ... which it in no way adds to the discussion in what happen ... it is you trying to say see your right and I'm not ... when I clearly said many times its what A&E wants ... it has nothing to do with our right to free speech... where you tried to make this lame attempt to be a free speech issue and you tried to push that agenda here... that liberals are bad and Conservatives protect your rights ... which is the furthest from the truth

you sure have this nasty habit of putting word in other people mouths when Confronted with your assumptions

Not sure what all the big red font is supposed to accomplish.

This is not a free speech issue. This is not an issue about rights.

Is that clear enough? Or can I expect more straw men from you?

The point I am having to make again is that there are many (and this includes you, it appears) who would rather find a way to punish people with different viewpoints than engage them in civil discourse. Personally, the thought of trying to shut people up would never occur to me, because I often learn something from civil discourse. Sometimes my opinion is altered, sometimes it is solidified.

If those who want to punish people who have different viewpoints were a little more confident in their own views, they would welcome civil, public debate.

Not all relish black suffering like you democrats do

tapatalk post

As opposed to Republicans, who like to pretend it didn't happen and still doesn't have an effect to this very day.

Dummy US republicans didn't pretend it didn't happen US republicans are the reason black people are free and have acknowledged civil rights.

tapatalk post

nothing like playing we love the black guy card huh ... can't say that now about your love for the black guy huh Precious republicans... now can ya... did you get a bottle of Cloreox for your sheets non-racist republicans ??? the lovers of the black people ... humm how many of you republicans in congress or in state government are married to a black person ... I can't think of any ... can't say that about us bigoted liberals huh!!!

Last edited:

Not sure what all the big red font is supposed to accomplish. figures .. its to seperate my post from yours nothing more

Is that clear enough? Or can I expect more straw men from you? then why did you write your post saying it was about free speech

The point I am having to make again is that there are many (and this includes you, it appears) who would rather find a way to punish people with different viewpoints than engage them in civil discourse. Personally, the thought of trying to shut people up would never occur to me, because I often learn something from civil discourse. Sometimes my opinion is altered, sometimes it is solidified.
no i never said that nor did I ever inply that ... time and time again were attacks from you and others here implying we liberals were taking your right to free speech away and nothing else I also was responding to other the personal attack ... which I will always out nasty any one here

If those who want to punish people who have different viewpoints were a little more confident in their own views, they would welcome civil, public debate.

so far your only view point that I saw was we liberals were trying to take his right to free speech ... that's the only thing I got from any of your poster here...

Not sure what all the big red font is supposed to accomplish. figures .. its to seperate my post from yours nothing more

Is that clear enough? Or can I expect more straw men from you? then why did you write your post saying it was about free speech

no i never said that nor did I ever inply that ... time and time again were attacks from you and others here implying we liberals were taking your right to free speech away and nothing else I also was responding to other the personal attack ... which I will always out nasty any one here

so far your only view point that I saw was we liberals were trying to take his right to free speech ... that's the only thing I got from any of your poster here...

Yes, I've seen that "free speech" argument, and I disagree with it. This issue is more cultural to me.

I want to know what people have to say, and I don't want to punish them for voicing their opinions. I think we're terribly lucky to live in a country that allows public debate. That's it.

Last edited:
As opposed to Republicans, who like to pretend it didn't happen and still doesn't have an effect to this very day.

Dummy US republicans didn't pretend it didn't happen US republicans are the reason black people are free and have acknowledged civil rights.

tapatalk post

nothing like playing we love the black guy card huh ... can't say that now about your love for the black guy huh Precious republicans... now can ya... did you get a bottle of Cloreox for your sheets non-racist republicans ??? the lovers of the black people ... humm how many of you republicans in congress or in state government are married to a black person ... I can't think of any ... can't say that about us bigoted liberals huh!!!

Pick up a history book you ignoramus

tapatalk post

Yes, I've seen that "free speech" argument, and I disagree with it. This issue is more cultural to me.

I want to know what people have to say, and I don't want to punish them for voicing their opinions. I think we're terribly lucky to live in a country that allows public debate. That's it.

Indeed, and the Founders saw to it that we could.. however those elements on the left as the idiot you address think it's OK to circumvent the Constitution through intimidation, coercion.

These idiots are in for the fight of their lives, people are waking up and pushing back against them.

Every day.... And I mean every single day, I hear about shit like this.....

Screen-shot-2013-12-23-at-10.57.56-AM.png

When you say: “Merry Christmas,” you are saying: “Congratulations on your false religion,” “Congratulations on your false understanding of life.” You are congratulating them on the most evil of polytheism and heresy. [...]

This is worse than fornication, drinking alcohol, and killing someone.

Or this.....

UAE Hosting World Youth Chess Championships, Refuses To List Nationality of Israeli Players…

worldyouth26.jpg

Typical anti-Semitism we’ve come to expect from the Islamic world.

Via Chess Base:

One very unfortunate development concerns the Israeli players and delegation. The official site, which lists all the players and nationalities, took down the Israeli flag and has even gone so far as to rename them from the country “FIDE”, attributing them the FIDE flag as well. It is a very unfortunate precedent for the World Youth, and unheard of until now.

British Grocery Store Chain Tells Muslim Employees They Can Refuse To Serve Shoppers Buying Alcohol Or Pork – Update: CAIR Calls Uproar “Islamophobia”…

Marks & Spencer tells Muslim staff they CAN refuse to serve customers buying alcohol or pork | Mail Online

This shit happens every day...... Several times every day....

And you know what liberal scum have to say about it?

Nothing. Not a goddam thing.

You can call Phil Robertson every name in the book to try to justify your own bigotry and you know what?

Reporter Who Called Duck Dynasty Stars “Rural Jackasses” Once Suspended For Trolling

A liberal without ethics. Pretend you’re surprised.

Via LA Times:

Hiltzik Suspended - latimes.com

The L.A. Times has suspended Pulitzer-winning business columnist Michael Hiltzik without pay, and discontinued both his column and his weblog, in response to the news that Hiltzik used psuedonyms on his blog and elsewhere to comment on Times-related matters, including his own work.

It changes nothing. libturds are the scum of the Earth. And I mean every goddamn, motherfucking one of you.

People are starting to catch on to the lying scum that you are.....

CNN Poll: Health care law support drops to all-time low ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

When you say: “Merry Christmas,” you are saying: “Congratulations on your false religion,” “Congratulations on your false understanding of life.” You are congratulating them on the most evil of polytheism and heresy. [...]

Or this.....

UAE Hosting World Youth Chess Championships, Refuses To List Nationality of Israeli Players…

worldyouth26.jpg

Via Chess Base:

One very unfortunate development concerns the Israeli players and delegation. The official site, which lists all the players and nationalities, took down the Israeli flag and has even gone so far as to rename them from the country “FIDE”, attributing them the FIDE flag as well. It is a very unfortunate precedent for the World Youth, and unheard of until now.

British Grocery Store Chain Tells Muslim Employees They Can Refuse To Serve Shoppers Buying Alcohol Or Pork – Update: CAIR Calls Uproar “Islamophobia”…

Marks & Spencer tells Muslim staff they CAN refuse to serve customers buying alcohol or pork | Mail Online

You can call Phil Robertson every name in the book to try to justify your own bigotry and you know what?

Reporter Who Called Duck Dynasty Stars “Rural Jackasses” Once Suspended For Trolling

A liberal without ethics. Pretend you’re surprised.

Via LA Times:

The L.A. Times has suspended Pulitzer-winning business columnist Michael Hiltzik without pay, and discontinued both his column and his weblog, in response to the news that Hiltzik used psuedonyms on his blog and elsewhere to comment on Times-related matters, including his own work.

It changes nothing. libturds are the scum of the Earth. And I mean every goddamn, motherfucking one of you.

CNN Poll: Health care law support drops to all-time low ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Well they say something about it if it's a baker who refuses to bake for homo weddings...

Or this.....

worldyouth26.jpg

Via Chess Base:

Via LA Times:

Well they say something about it if it's a baker who refuses to bake for homo weddings...
Yeah a judge legislated from the bench to see to it.

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

Why are people so dumb?

The First Amendment guarantees you that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT can't take away your rights. It says NOTHING about what individuals may do.

A TV station may do as they see fit.

Certainly I don't agree with A&E's decision, but just as certainly, it is THEIR right to do so, no one has a right to be on A&E.

I know some of you watch Duck Dynasty and probably heard that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E for his opinion on homosexuality. He had the gall to quote 1 Corinthians 6:9 and express himself openly about his opposition to gay marriage. Groups like GLAAD came out in support of the suspension. Don't you find it odd that people like Martin Bashir get a pass for their intolerance toward conservative women, but people like Phil Robertson are being targeted for their beliefs?

Should TV Networks silence religious speech for the political sensibilities of others? As most of you were aware, Chick-Fil-A came under similar scrutiny by gay rights organizations for its views on homosexuality last year. The response from the public was overwhelming, as the restaurant experienced booming profits from the ordeal. Suffice it to say, ratings for the show may experience similar results.

Should Phil Robertson be suspended for his comments in GQ? Or should he be allowed to express himself as he is allowed to by the the First Amendment? My personal opinion here is that no TV network should be allowed to censor a man for expressing his religious beliefs.

There have been many instances of people or businesses being targeted for their religious beliefs, all for being "intolerant." Isn't it strange that you can be allowed to be homosexual, but not a person of faith? The real intolerance here, is of those who cannot accept that others aren't forced to tolerate their way of life or their practices. If you are any freedom loving American; Democrat, Republican or Libertarian, you should be disturbed by this recent turn of events.

Why are people so dumb?

The First Amendment guarantees you that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT can't take away your rights. It says NOTHING about what individuals may do.

Certainly I don't agree with A&E's decision, but just as certainly, it is THEIR right to do so, no one has a right to be on A&E.
And WHOM stated they did>?

Why are people so dumb?

The thing is...leftards call it "hate speech". And it isn't hate speech. They just don't like it. But because they don't like it, they criminalize it...and THEN the gov't is enabled to deny it.

Forum List

Back