Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

You can't change the Law by contract. The law is above ANY contract.

Period.

A&E discriminated against Phil Robertson's Constitutionally guaranteed right to practice his religion.

You.Just.Can't.Do.That.

Here's yet another example of rw who has no frikken clue what the First Amendment says or means.

HINT for Edgetho - read the First Amendment.

Period.

A&E discriminated against Phil Robertson's Constitutionally guaranteed right to practice his religion.

You.Just.Can't.Do.That.

So TV personalities are allowed to do ANYTHING they want publicly and expect to have a job so long as their words or actions can be deemed "religious" in nature?

Really?

(a) Employer practices

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin

Try to keep up

Are you saying that a company cannot fire a public spokesperson for stirring up unwanted controversy, so long as the controversy is somehow related to religion? That makes no sense to me.

Reverse it and see what happens.

A hunk, an Actor portraying a lady's man, a Super Spy, a tough guy in a TV Series comes out of the closet and the TV Network and the Show's Producers fire him because they feel that they can't have a flaming fag portraying a James Bond type of Lady's man in a TV Series.

He'd sue, and he'd win.

What amazes me about liberal scum is the FACT that you people are THE most intolerant bigots in the world and are just simply too stupid to see it.

Can't smell your own shit.

I read that his own wife was 14 when they married.

Not surprising that the rw's don't want Constitutional protection for most Americans but someone believe that this jerk has been denied his Constitutional rights under the First Amendment.

Serious question: how can we get the rw's to actually read and understand the First Amendment?

We know it well.

And understand it much, much better than you do.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Then why have some said the DD fart has had his Constitutional rights denied?

For example, have you noticed the title of this thread and some of the idiotic posts herein?

^Like this post?

Period.

You.Just.Can't.Do.That.

Here's yet another example of rw who has no frikken clue what the First Amendment says or means.

HINT for Edgetho - read the First Amendment.

Read my earlier post about the Constitution and how it works.

Moron

(a) Employer practices

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin

Try to keep up

Are you saying that a company cannot fire a public spokesperson for stirring up unwanted controversy, so long as the controversy is somehow related to religion? That makes no sense to me.

A hunk, an Actor portraying a lady's man, a Super Spy, a tough guy in a TV Series comes out of the closet and the TV Network and the Show's Producers fire him because they feel that they can't have a flaming fag portraying a James Bond type of Lady's man in a TV Series.

He'd sue, and he'd win.

What amazes me about liberal scum is the FACT that you people are THE most intolerant bigots in the world and are just simply too stupid to see it.

I was just thinking of this this morning...we're expected to be tolerant and SUPPORTIVE of depraved behavior that we teach our children to say no to...yet they think that people should be locked up, or at least chased back into their houses, if they dare to utter anything faith based.

We're supposed to fund abortions, and wait patiently in our cars for gay parades to pass....but how DARE we think we have the right to openly adhere to our faith or..horrors...actually share scripture.

Yes because your statement is in direct conflict with the mission of, and undoubtedly comes as a surprise to, your employer.

So it's not the same thing. This guy has always been outspoken, has voiced them multiples of times, has PUBLISHED THEM, has owned them on his shows...and A&E isn't a dedicated "SIN" network.

They weren't surprised, the statements aren't in conflict with the mission of their network. No, it's not the same.

I just feel like if A&E deems Phil's comments a threat to the public image of the company, they have a right to fire him. They own the show and can do whatever the fuck they want with it.

A&E does not own the show. At best, they own the name "Duck Dynasty". A&E does not own the sets, the cars, the buildings or the land the show is filmed on. In the normal course of entertainment law, the producer and director can ban a suspended star or employee from the set. In this case, the set is Phil's house and he owns all the land the show is filmed on. He can ban A&E from his property. They can't ban him.

We know it well.

And understand it much, much better than you do.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Then why have some said the DD fart has had his Constitutional rights denied?

For example, have you noticed the title of this thread and some of the idiotic posts herein?

^Like this post?

And, another rw who has not read the First Amendment. Even though kg's earlier post proved she hasn't a clue either, she did post it and its here in this post. READ IT.

C'mon people. You learned this in the 7th grade.

This has nothing to do with freedom of religious opinion as NO ONE has stopped Robertson from fully expressing his religious opinions.

Yes because your statement is in direct conflict with the mission of, and undoubtedly comes as a surprise to, your employer.

So it's not the same thing. This guy has always been outspoken, has voiced them multiples of times, has PUBLISHED THEM, has owned them on his shows...and A&E isn't a dedicated "SIN" network.

They weren't surprised, the statements aren't in conflict with the mission of their network. No, it's not the same.

I just feel like if A&E deems Phil's comments a threat to the public image of the company, they have a right to fire him. They own the show and can do whatever the fuck they want with it.

A&E does not own the show. At best, they own the name "Duck Dynasty". A&E does not own the sets, the cars, the buildings or the land the show is filmed on. In the normal course of entertainment law, the producer and director can ban a suspended star or employee from the set. In this case, the set is Phil's house and he owns all the land the show is filmed on. He can ban A&E from his property. They can't ban him.

Duck Dynasty IS THE SHOW and A & E owns it.
Was a contract signed for the 2014 season?
But you are right, NO ONE has banned Robertson from anything to do with his religious opinions.

Previously, KatzenLiar has been a doctor, and attorney and a dog groomer. He/she/it is specializing now ... This week, he/she/it is an entertainment attorney.

Still clueless though.

LOL

(a) Employer practices

Try to keep up

He'd sue, and he'd win.

First of all, you can't fire someone because they're gay or because they're christian but you CAN fire someone because they ran their mouth in an interview in a way that drummed up unwanted and negative controversy around a network, brand, etc.

I work in advertising and EVERY single public spokesperson will sign a contract that basically says "if you stir up unwanted controversy that harms the brand/company/network we have a right to terminate you". This is common practice, Edge. And why the heck wouldn't it be? Companies invest tens of millions of dollars into individuals and need to make sure their investments are sound and secure.

Phil shouldn't have ran his mouth in such a public way. They have the right to fire him if they want.

And since you implied I was bigot I'd like to know why..

Last edited:

WHAT? Are you saying that when a movie is filmed in New York the "owners of the buildings" that the movie was filmed at now own the rights to the film?

Really?

He'd sue, and he'd win.

I was just thinking of this this morning...we're expected to be tolerant and SUPPORTIVE of depraved behavior that we teach our children to say no to...yet they think that people should be locked up, or at least chased back into their houses, if they dare to utter anything faith based.

We're supposed to fund abortions, and wait patiently in our cars for gay parades to pass....but how DARE we think we have the right to openly adhere to our faith or..horrors...actually share scripture.

You're not dealing with rational people, KG.

We're talking liberals.... And I'm serious when I call them the scum of the Earth.

They really are. Stupid, incapable of independent thought (you don't really think they're voicing they're own opinions, do you?), stubborn, backward, over-educated imbeciles (I'm talking about a person with a double-digit IQ and a four year BA)...

Just libturds. They're sick fucks.

NONE of this shit was necessary. None of it.

All A&E had to do was put out a Statement that read something like:

"While we disagree vehemently with Mr Robertson's words and feelings, we recognize his right to believe how he wishes. A&E will continue to support gay butt-sex fags and lezbo carpet munching dykes. And cross-dressing weirdos and perverts and child molesting pedophiles. Mostly because that's what makes up the majority of Hollywood"

That's all they had to do. But nope, they decided to act tough.

And I think they get their heads ripped off in this mess.

Be interesting to read up on the "Powers That Be" inside A&E.

I doubt you'd be surprised at what you find

He'd sue, and he'd win.

We're talking liberals.... And I'm serious when I call them the scum of the Earth.

They really are. Stupid, incapable of independent thought (you don't really think they're voicing they're own opinions, do you?), stubborn, backward, over-educated imbeciles (I'm talking about a person with a double-digit IQ and a four year BA)...

"While we disagree vehemently with Mr Robertson's words and feelings, we recognize his right to believe how he wishes. A&E will continue to support gay butt-sex fags and lezbo carpet munching dykes. And cross-dressing weirdos and perverts and child molesting pedophiles. Mostly because that's what makes up the majority of Hollywood"

Edge, I'm a "liberal" because I think a company aught to have the right to protect itself from an actor/spokesperson running his or her mouth and drumming up unwanted controversy?

Is this the case?

A company has the right to protect itself in any way it seems fit. They hired Phil and it wasn't the other way around. Would you like the Government to swoop in like Big Brother and make all of A&E's decisions for them? Perhaps should every decision the network President makes be run by Obama first?

Last edited:

He'd sue, and he'd win.

First of all, you can't fire someone because they're gay or because they're christian but you CAN fire someone because they ran their mouth in an interview in a way that drummed up unwanted and negative controversy around a network, brand, etc.

I work in advertising and EVERY single public spokesperson will sign a contract that basically says "if you stir up unwanted controversy that harms the brand/company/network we have a right to terminate you". This is common practice, Edge. And why the heck wouldn't it be? Companies invest tens of millions of dollars into individuals and need to make sure their investments are sound and secure.

Phil shouldn't have ran his mouth in such a public way. They have the right to fire him if they want.

And since you implied I was bigot I'd like to know why..

I didn't imply shit.... You're a libturd, ergo you're fucking bigot.

But at least you're the brightest of a pretty dim crowd. Took you long enough to get to the heart of the matter (after I gave you several hints in the first few pages)

That's the trick, isn't it?

If Phil Robertson sues, can A&E show that he was overboard in his criticism of gay, butt-sex fags and smelly-snatch lezbos.

THAT is worth discussing. The rest of this thread is just idiots proving their idiocy.

He'd sue, and he'd win.

How's that search for A&E's legal basis to sue going there, Jimmy Olsen?
Or are you just "stupid, incapable of independent thought"?

Still waiting...
impatient.gif

How's that search for A&E's legal basis to sue going there, Jimmy Olsen?
Or are you just "stupid, incapable of independent thought"?

Still waiting...
impatient.gif

Would you like to pose a cogent question? Or do you prefer to remain invisible under your cloak of stupidity?

Forum List

Back