"Freedom Watch" calls the President a criminal for killing Bin Laden

Wow, I can't believe how many friends Bin Laden has acquired in death.

(just when you thought ODS couldn't get any worse).
Yep. I think they want to keep labeling President Obama an assassin and war criminal until the United States is completely undermined throughout the world.

It is sad, really, because there is no evidence that anything illegal occurred.

wtf? none of that stopped people from accusing Bush of these very same things.
so I call, bs.

Who accused Bush of trying to murder Bin Laden?

The judge is legally accurate that the assasination of bin laden and of the quadaffi family is unconstitutional.

this puts me in a dilemma, I dont have issue with what we did but I dont feel right ignoring a violation of the constitution either. Congress is supposed to authorize this stuff, not the president.

there is nothing in the constitution that speaks to this issue. international law speaks to the issue. and in accordance with international law, we had the right to go in. pakistan knew we were running ops. they can feign ignorance. but they already knew we were flying drones.

the bar to assassination is, i believe, a matter of executive order, but i'm not positive about that.

and, frankly, if it wasn't quite legal, i couldn't give a flying. pakistan violated their agreement with us not to harbor him and to work with us on the WOT ... for which agreement they were paid quite handsomely.

article 1, section 8, clause 11 gives the congress the authority to issue letters of reprisal, not the president.

EDIT: and like I said...it puts me in a dilemma because I dont have a personal issue with what we, as a country, did with bin laden the other day but at the same time I can't stand for direct violations of the constitution.

Letters of Marque and Reprisal

a letter of reprisal is an instrument by which a privately owned ship is authorized by a govt to attack the shipping of another country. another name for it is a letter of marque. ships which had these letters were called privateers. without the letter, these ships were essentially pirates.

i don't think a letter of reprisal has been issued by the us since the war of 1812. in any event, it has nothing to do with land based warfare.

Actually, this one of the few things Obama has done that are really within the purview of his job. And I applaud him.

obama invaded the sovereign nation of Pakistan or at least that’s how Pakistan is spinning this.

Afghanistan was a sovereign nation in 2001. You're saying Bush committed a crime of some sort by invading Afghanistan?

What's your position, exactly?

The same as it was in 2001.... you fuck with us, or allow people to operate within your borders for the purpose of fucking with us, then all bets are off.

Obama no more committed a crime than did Bush. However.. most of the left was soiling their panties when Bush did it... but are applauding now that Obama has done it. That's the shit I am pointing out... you know... the abject hypocrisy of most n the left.

But somehow it's different now.

So if the CIA has been aware of bin ladens compound and watching it since last August. Why the take out now? on the heels of the release of a birth certificate? pretty smooth campaigning

Well then what is to stop the next president from assassinating say, a citizen somewhere in the USA or elsewhere in the world?

What if im president and think you are a threat to national security......your not a head of state so would it be ok for me to assasinate you? Remember your a threat to national security after all..........sorry ron paul got in my head :)

Yep. I think they want to keep labeling President Obama an assassin and war criminal until the United States is completely undermined throughout the world.

Yo Vern, is there evidence that anything legal occurred, beginning with the fact that the US entered without permission into Pakistani territory.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Why? Because he dared question the legality of the hit? He's not the only one.

He didn't "Question the legality".

He didn't ask "Was the assassination of Bin Laden legal?"

He made a statement.

That statement was that the "assassination of Osama Bin Laden was an illegal killing on the whim of the president".

Why should he not say that?

Hate free speech?

HAHAHAHAZHAHAHAHAHAHAGH

from the one who called me all sorts of stuff for stating the cold hard set of facts That on 9/11/2001 our entire government was run by republicans.

He didn't "Question the legality".

He didn't ask "Was the assassination of Bin Laden legal?"

He made a statement.

That statement was that the "assassination of Osama Bin Laden was an illegal killing on the whim of the president".

Why should he not say that?

Hate free speech?

HAHAHAHAZHAHAHAHAHAHAGH

from the one who called me all sorts of stuff for stating the cold hard set of facts That on 9/11/2001 our entire government was run by republicans.

really? you polled all the govt workers and they were all republicans?

idiot

Personally, I thing the Obama has stepped out of bounds a few times as President. He has done a couple of things WITHOUT approval of Congress that should be investigated, not just this Bin Laden thing.

What the hell do we even have a Congress for with this guy?

You really have no clue as to how our government works, do you?

I'll give you a hint, Congress is not the Commander In Chief. Once they approve funding for military action, they have done their job. They are not privy, and don't need to be privy, to the tactical and operational aspects of it.

Certainly not this. I have yet to hear any congressman whine about not being in the loop on this. If they are, they are an idiot.

Personally, I thing the Obama has stepped out of bounds a few times as President. He has done a couple of things WITHOUT approval of Congress that should be investigated, not just this Bin Laden thing.

What the hell do we even have a Congress for with this guy?

You really have no clue as to how our government works, do you?

I'll give you a hint, Congress is not the Commander In Chief. Once they approve funding for military action, they have done their job. They are not privy, and don't need to be privy, to the tactical and operational aspects of it.

Certainly not this. I have yet to hear any congressman whine about not being in the loop on this. If they are, they are an idiot.

lmao, you are a real prize, typical lib. of course when GWB was president EVERYTHING had to go through congress. what a bunch of hypocrits :lol: God you guys crack me up

The judge is legally accurate that the assasination of bin laden and of the quadaffi family is unconstitutional.

this puts me in a dilemma, I dont have issue with what we did but I dont feel right ignoring a violation of the constitution either. Congress is supposed to authorize this stuff, not the president.

there is nothing in the constitution that speaks to this issue. international law speaks to the issue. and in accordance with international law, we had the right to go in. pakistan knew we were running ops. they can feign ignorance. but they already knew we were flying drones.

the bar to assassination is, i believe, a matter of executive order, but i'm not positive about that.

and, frankly, if it wasn't quite legal, i couldn't give a flying. pakistan violated their agreement with us not to harbor him and to work with us on the WOT ... for which agreement they were paid quite handsomely.

The zombified never cease to amaze me.

According to Fräulein Jillian, the prez has the authority to murder suspects, because when the President does it, that means it is not illegal."

And when the Prez says that he murdered OBL instead some innocent Pakistani retiree , well we mere mortals must accept his version of events as the gospel truth.

heil Hitler.

"Murder"? The SEAL that pulled the trigger is a "murderer"?

You are a fucking moron.

The zombified never cease to amaze me.

According to Fräulein Jillian, the prez has the authority to murder suspects, because when the President does it, that means it is not illegal."

And when the Prez says that he murdered OBL instead some innocent Pakistani retiree , well we mere mortals must accept his version of events as the gospel truth.

heil Hitler.

"Murder"? The SEAL that pulled the trigger is a "murderer"?

You are a fucking moron.

"The first U.S. edited version of "The Killing Of Osama" made it look like one Seal found Osama and his wife in their third floor bedroom, the surprised and unarmed Osama used her as a shield so the Seal shot her first and then him. It did not seem to occur to them that this made the Seal both a coward – or a terrified incompetent – and a war criminal. By the second day they had edited this scene to have the wife rushing at the Seal, presumably scaring him witless, so he shot her and then shot the unarmed old Osama who was either sitting around or standing around doing nothing but, presumably, looking dumb. This still left the Seal a coward and war criminal, so on the third day they started editing it to have Osama sitting next to a pistolo and an AK-47 which he apparently was too witless, too scared, or too incompetent to use to defend his wife and himself. This still left the Seal a coward and a war criminal, so they started whispering the Seal thought Osama was wearing a suicide vest, in spite of that being a bit bulky and uncomfortable under his nighty."

bin laden wasn't the head of state and the UN charter does not apply to him.

Well then what is to stop the next president from assassinating say, a citizen somewhere in the USA or elsewhere in the world?

What if im president and think you are a threat to national security......your not a head of state so would it be ok for me to assasinate you? Remember your a threat to national security after all..........sorry ron paul got in my head :)

So your still dishonest eh? Pathetic.

Wow more dishonest hackery....i guess I have to quote myself where I say i was glad obama did this on one hand but was concerned about our president issuing assasination without congress' approval.

Freaking desperate hacks are aggrivating me today.

And our sitting President wanted to have his predecessor investrigated for War Crimes and has allowed our CIA ganets to be investigated by the DoJ for crimes they may gave committed while following orders.

So you are complaining about Freedom Watch for playing political games....but I bet you were on the bandwagon as Obama, Biden and Holder did it.

Hypocrisy once again from the left.

Wow more dishonest hackery....i guess I have to quote myself where I say i was glad obama did this on one hand but was concerned about our president issuing assasination without congress' approval.

Freaking desperate hacks are aggrivating me today.

they seem to be like a plague lately

article 1, section 8, clause 11 gives the congress the authority to issue letters of reprisal, not the president.

EDIT: and like I said...it puts me in a dilemma because I dont have a personal issue with what we, as a country, did with bin laden the other day but at the same time I can't stand for direct violations of the constitution.

Letters of Marque and Reprisal

a letter of reprisal is an instrument by which a privately owned ship is authorized by a govt to attack the shipping of another country. another name for it is a letter of marque. ships which had these letters were called privateers. without the letter, these ships were essentially pirates.

i don't think a letter of reprisal has been issued by the us since the war of 1812. in any event, it has nothing to do with land based warfare.

TY DEL! An actual discussion style response. I was starting to think there were no real minds left to talk to.

According to the link I provided:

Letters of marque and reprisal are commissions or warrants issued to someone to commit what would otherwise be acts of piracy. They will normally contain the following first three elements, unless they imply or refer to a declaration of war to define the enemies, and may optionally contain the remainder:

1.Names person, authorizes him to pass beyond borders with forces under his command.
2.Specifies nationality of targets for action.
3.Authorizes seizure or destruction of assets or personnel of target nationality.
4.Describes offense for which commission is issued as reprisal.
5.Restriction on time, manner, place, or amount of reprisal.

See in number 3, personnel, thats where I was coming from. This is the type of interpretation I learned at Umass. If its wrong then lets discuss why. I have no problem being challenged and finding out I'm wrong when its done the way you do it.

And our sitting President wanted to have his predecessor investrigated for War Crimes and has allowed our CIA ganets to be investigated by the DoJ for crimes they may gave committed while following orders.

So you are complaining about Freedom Watch for playing political games....but I bet you were on the bandwagon as Obama, Biden and Holder did it.

Hypocrisy once again from the left.

of course they were. and they actually believed if obama got into office bush was going to jail.

Forum List

Back