'Full Metal Jacket' actor Gunny R. Lee Ermey Dies

Full Metal Jacket, one of my favorite movies of all time. I remember when he went off on some unhinged rant against Pres. Obama (can't remember if it was birtherism or some other nonsense) and he was promptly dropped as a spokesperson for GEICO.

A one dimensional actor, but he was great in that dimension.

Loved him on 'Mail Call'. He was one hell of a Second Amendment and NRA advocate.

AJLlDp1bi3t4Liwn6FwWT7uExn20ASc2EcG0u_0xoA=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

R. Lee Ermey, ‘Full Metal Jacket’ Golden Globe Nominee, Dies at 74
Streets of Heaven are Guarded by United States Marines!

I was in boot camp at MCRD San Diego with a recruit who’s dad was a First Sgt. in the tankers at Pendleton. We were arrainged by height for d & c. He got in with help from his his dad because he was deaf in one ear. Whenever we had the command “back step march” he could not hear so I would step on the top of his feet. He developed a hairline fracture in one of them but didn’t report it because he didn’t want to get recycled. We worked out a signal where I would tilt my head back slightly (Hell he was staring at it) on the command. Worked like a charm. That gave us a chance to talk. As a Marine brat he said his neighbor as a boy for about 3 years were the Ermey’s. I asked what kind of guy the Gunney was off duty. He said just a regular guy mowing his lawn...having a beer with his dad...talking stories about Vietnam and outdoor sports.

Last edited:
Are we sure he's dead? This is my 2nd time mourning his death. There was a rumor he died years ago. Much to my surprise, he recovered.

RIP

Here he is during his Vietnam days. He served 14 months there during the war. He
was medically retired for injuries sustained in the line of duty.

Da3B7hwWsAoGaoc

He made a great career for himself

Always enjoyable

Full Metal Jacket, one of my favorite movies of all time. I remember when he went off on some unhinged rant against Pres. Obama (can't remember if it was birtherism or some other nonsense) and he was promptly dropped as a spokesperson for GEICO.

FMJ was a very anti military movie.

His role in it was very entertaining but it was a big slam on the military and the Marine Corps.

His role in it was very entertaining but it was a big slam on the military and the Marine Corps.

Don't tell the gun nuts that. They just like hearing an obnoxious person yell insulting things. It's why they voted for Trump.

Don't tell the gun nuts that. They just like hearing an obnoxious person yell insulting things. It's why they voted for Trump.

I have never understood the fascination with FMJ from my fellow Conservatives.

The movie was vile anti military and an embarrassment to the Marine Corps and anybody who had ever served in the military.

Left wing filth.

Not only should Ermey be ashamed of himself by being in the movie but he also played a queer in another movie.

Of course he redeemed himself when he became an NRA Board member, a Glock spokesman and lambasted that worthless piece of shit Obama and Crooked Hillary.

I have never understood the fascination with FMJ from my fellow Conservatives.

The movie was vile anti military and an embarrassment to the Marine Corps and anybody who had ever served in the military.

Left wing filth.

Not only should Ermey be ashamed of himself by being in the movie but he also played a queer in another movie.

Of course he redeemed himself when he became an NRA Board member, a Glock spokesman and lambasted that worthless piece of shit Obama and Crooked Hillary.
Great movie

Forum List

Back