Fur sales banned in W Hollywood

It's not surprising that Luddly Numbnuts has his rep turned off.

Just sayin'.

It's amusing that he's such a coward. Clearly, he can't stand the heat.

The problem with some furs is you don't know if they're ranched or trapped. Trapping is inhumane in most instances. Other furs come from endangered species and are poached in 3rd world countries with little enforcement.

And you don't know if the cows/goats/sheep/pigs that were the source of leather you wear were treated humanely, either.

As for humane treatment, slaves in China are treated quite appallingly, but I bet most people here by goods made in China.

As a matter of fact there are rules and laws dealing with humanely putting an animal down. The problem is many of the "cosmetic" furs come from 2nd and 3rd world countries where enforcement is difficult if non existent and paperwork is forged with money changing hands with officials. Many of them are trapped, a heinous exercise.

You really don't know much about the government, do you?

I have responded to every single point while you have resorted to childish name calling.

Who can't stand the heat?

Who thinks giving neg rep actually MEANS something?

Grow up.

I have responded to every single point while you have resorted to childish name calling.

Who can't stand the heat?

Who thinks giving neg rep actually MEANS something?

Grow up.

All you've done is make specious, hypocritical claims.

What products do you buy that are made in China?

And negging someone behind their back is what...noble?

People don't know when they get a neg? Let's find out, I will neg you and see if you get notified or not. Wait, I can't, because your rep is off.

By the way, Liddly negged people all the time.

It's done in a dark closet no one sees, unlike posting on the board.

From the people that brought you "Stay out of my bedroom".

....I guess the closet isn't part of the bedroom.

they don't mind at all stepping on people's rights, furs, guns, etc as long as it's not about ABORTION, homosexual, etc

I inherited a few furs, which are fabulous.

And I bet they will come in very handy during the upcoming Ice Age.

Im looking forward to that and clubbing seals.

stop+clubbing+baby+seals_abf25b_3291039.jpg

Just because food has to be real in order for it to keep a person alive doesn't mean that fur has to be real too in order for it to be made into clothing, furniture, blankets, etc. Why do animals have to be killed for their fur as well when fake fur can be made?
yes, it does.
Why? What makes real fur better than fake fur. Is it because something had to die in order for it to exist?

You're mistaken if you think the entire animal isn't used. Mink oil is used in cosmetics, and the carcasses are used for a variety or purposes: food for other animals in zoos and for fish in aquariums, crab bait, and fertilizer.
I am not surprised if its used for other things, but if the animal has to be killed for any reason, I guess that not letting it all go to waste is the best thing to do.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

P.S. My feelings about the whole issue may be mixed though. I feel like since they already have to be killed for food that using the rest of their parts for other things is like adding insult to injury, kicking them when they are already down, etc which is why I don't do anything more than having them be on my plate. I don't wear them in any way, no fur or cosmetics. I am most definitely not into make up.

Just because food has to be real in order for it to keep a person alive doesn't mean that fur has to be real too in order for it to be made into clothing, furniture, blankets, etc. Why do animals have to be killed for their fur as well when fake fur can be made?
yes, it does.
Why? What makes real fur better than fake fur. Is it because something had to die in order for it to exist?

You're mistaken if you think the entire animal isn't used. Mink oil is used in cosmetics, and the carcasses are used for a variety or purposes: food for other animals in zoos and for fish in aquariums, crab bait, and fertilizer.
I am not surprised if its used for other things, but if the animal has to be killed for any reason, I guess that not letting it all go to waste is the best thing to do.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

P.S. My feelings about the whole issue may be mixed though. I feel like since they already have to be killed for food that using the rest of their parts for other things is like adding insult to injury, kicking them when they are already down, etc which is why I don't do anything more than having them be on my plate. I don't wear them in any way, no fur or cosmetics. I am most definitely not into make up.

real fur doesn't FREEZE on your face...your snot will freeze though
You'd know that if you lived in an extreme cold climate

Forum List

Back