Fur sales banned in W Hollywood

True, but there is a difference between eating meat to survive and killing an animal so you can wear it.

You need to eat meat to survive? I think not.

I do. But hey, that' just me.

:D

Me too! :lol: My sister's family and my family buy a cow every year and split it, it's the best! But trying to rationalize that you have to 'eat meat to survive' in modern society, but that you don't need fur is simply ridiculous.

And one more thing:

Fur is to Leather what Assault Weapons are to Non-Assault Weapons....the distinction for each is Purely Cosmetic.

of course. but leftards are stupid. they don't see beyond the talking points of the brainwash for the day

Just to make it clear, one doesn't have to be a liberal to dislike the use of animal furs.

I am not a liberal and still do not approve of wearing furs. :)

Then dont wear one yourself, and mind your own damn buisiness.

Getting government to do your dirty work for you is abominable.

Good. There is no reason at all to slaughter an animal so you can have a nice new coat.

Nonsense. Most fur is ranched...just the same as cows and chickens.

And wearing leather really isn't any different than wearing fur...they are both skins.

Farming is far worse than trapping.

Tiny cages filled with animals who have gone insane are finally put out of their misery with an electric prod up their anus and teased until they bite the other end.

Its anything BUT "fabulous".

Steffy
really, leave it to you city slickers to come up with this...good thing you don't live in a cold climate that gets to 30 to 75 below zero, but you go tell that to the Native Indians tribes and Native Alaskans tribes they don't need to be slaughtering animals for their fur...by the way, how many minks do you have pets?

Never been to West Hollywood, have you.

You must be the most bitter ad unhappy person on the damn planet. Christ on a crutch, you and katzen, the venom fairly drips from your words. Seriously, have you ever had a happy thought or posted something positive?
what does that have to do with it?.....so they go to neighboring Beverly Hills and buy the fur there.....which is what most of them were doing anyway....

Like guns in Chicago, the buyer can walk across the street to buy dead animal skins and its largely symbolic, but still --- Its a step in the right direction.

West Hollywood, Calif. Becomes First City In The U.S. To Ban Fur Sales

Los Angelenos, rejoice!

Last weekend, West Hollywood officially became the first city in the country to ban the sale of wearable fur in retail stores. City council members passed the law by unanimous vote 2 years ago, and it finally went into effect on Sept. 21, 2013, ABC reports.

The ban will apply to all articles of clothing -- anything made to be worn -- but not to furniture items, blankets, or leather products.

considering southern CA is far to warm to wear fur......... its rather funny.

However, anyone how can afford furs, could really care less id they make their purchases in w Hollywood or elsewhere.

I love my fur hats...... I will be wearing the to NYC in the winter.

that being said, i wonder if the ban also includes wool. That is a "fur" It is also ironic it exempts leather... which is about the same thing as fir.

considering southern CA is far to warm to wear fur......... its rather funny.

hey it gets down to the 50's here sometimes in the Winter....:eusa_eh:

boedicca - Your guilt makes you very defensive. Maybe if you used the excuse that you didn't buy them new and therefore you're not responsible for their deaths, you'd feel better.

Don't fall for the lie that ALL "free range chickens" are actually free range. They are often kept in very cruel conditions.

I agree that fur and leather are the same in almost every way.

Matthew - "Luddy doesn't believe in personal freedom." Liar. READ where I wrote, "Live the way you want."

syrenn, Political Junky, Harry Dresden - You missed where I wrote, "...the buyer can walk across the street to buy dead animal skins and its largely symbolic..."

Jeri - so-called "food" animals are often treated well on family farms and I know how well you treat yours. Much of the time, the horrors begin with transporting them.

for those against illegals working in the US, slaughterhouses and fur "ranching" employs illegals because they can't report human abuse.

Alfafa - trapping is horrible, no doubt about that. But, "ranching" or "farming" is so much worse that you can't really compare the two

Isn't it lovely to have someone like luddy worrying over what you do in your lives?

they care more for Animals than the babies aborted with abortion

this society has become sick with no hope for redemption...

but SAVE THE ANIMALS

And yet you advocate the right for a doctor to cut a live, perfectly healthy human fetus up into pieces while inside the womb of a woman.

That doesn't bother you one bit, but chickens in a coop do.

:eusa_shhh:
they tell themselves it's not a baby...

too bad some of them become PEOPLE out of fetuses..we wouldn't have them poking their nose in our business

Animal abuse compared to child abuse and/or abortion - I can't imagine a more glaring disconnect and/or false equivalencey.

Some of you have said you believe a fetus is a baby and yet in this thread you say they're the same as an animal killed for its fur.

WeHo is extremely liberal and 60% gay. They can vote whatever they want. A person can walk from the boutiques in WeHo to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and buy all the fur they want. All West Hollywood has done, and the only effect, is to deprive that city of sales tax revenue from fur sales. They have given that money to Beverly Hills which is right next door.

No doubt the 90210 merchants who sell fur paid off for this vote.

Animal abuse compared to child abuse and/or abortion - I can't imagine a more glaring disconnect and/or false equivalencey.

Some of you have said you believe a fetus is a baby and yet in this thread you say they're the same as an animal killed for its fur.

Killing an animal for some product is not abuse.

The issue is you seem to care more about some cow about to be a hamburger then you do for a fetus that is terminated (a human life) that now loses its chance to exist and be a sentient being.

Just because food has to be real in order for it to keep a person alive doesn't mean that fur has to be real too in order for it to be made into clothing, furniture, blankets, etc. Why do animals have to be killed for their fur as well when fake fur can be made?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. If the fur has to be real, to me, it should be from an animal that is already being "used" for other things.

yes, it does.

Killing an animal for some product is not abuse.

The issue is you seem to care more about some cow about to be a hamburger then you do for a fetus that is terminated (a human life) that now loses its chance to exist and be a sentient being.

oh, gosh you want to compare a cow or a squirrel to a "blurb of cells"? how incredibly insensitive of you - don't you know that the leftards would like to control the humankind in a cage because we are "bad for the planet"? :D

Satire aside, those wingnuts who parrot the talking points do not realize that population control as an aim in all this idiocy of "human overpopulation" and "poor planet" is actually to control them by the most harsh means possible - Auschwitz-style on steroids.

boedicca - Your guilt makes you very defensive. Maybe if you used the excuse that you didn't buy them new and therefore you're not responsible for their deaths, you'd feel better.

Don't fall for the lie that ALL "free range chickens" are actually free range. They are often kept in very cruel conditions.

I agree that fur and leather are the same in almost every way.

Matthew - "Luddy doesn't believe in personal freedom." Liar. READ where I wrote, "Live the way you want."

syrenn, Political Junky, Harry Dresden - You missed where I wrote, "...the buyer can walk across the street to buy dead animal skins and its largely symbolic..."

Jeri - so-called "food" animals are often treated well on family farms and I know how well you treat yours. Much of the time, the horrors begin with transporting them.

for those against illegals working in the US, slaughterhouses and fur "ranching" employs illegals because they can't report human abuse.

Alfafa - trapping is horrible, no doubt about that. But, "ranching" or "farming" is so much worse that you can't really compare the two

he can only do that if across the street is not W.Hollywood....

of course. but leftards are stupid. they don't see beyond the talking points of the brainwash for the day

Just to make it clear, one doesn't have to be a liberal to dislike the use of animal furs.

I am not a liberal and still do not approve of wearing furs. :)

Then dont wear one yourself, and mind your own damn buisiness.

Getting government to do your dirty work for you is abominable.

And that's exactly what I do.

I smoke and I know perfectly well what it is to be pestered, day and night, by the anti smoking nazi police ... so I would never do the same to another human being.

What I am posting here are simply my beliefs and values about the use of fur, my personal opinion, I am not and would not tell people what to do or not to do. That is not my mission in life.

Good. There is no reason at all to slaughter an animal so you can have a nice new coat.

While I agree with not killing an animal just for fur,I think it's fine if the animal was killed for food and then the fur used. That way the animal was made the most use of for the sacrifice of it's life and then killed in the most humane way possible.

I know most furs are not gotten that way, but they do exist. Furs gotten in that manner should be allowed to be sold. The rarity would make it those furs very expensive but the Hollywood elite can afford that.

Like guns in Chicago, the buyer can walk across the street to buy dead animal skins and its largely symbolic, but still --- Its a step in the right direction.

West Hollywood, Calif. Becomes First City In The U.S. To Ban Fur Sales

Los Angelenos, rejoice!

Last weekend, West Hollywood officially became the first city in the country to ban the sale of wearable fur in retail stores. City council members passed the law by unanimous vote 2 years ago, and it finally went into effect on Sept. 21, 2013, ABC reports.

The ban will apply to all articles of clothing -- anything made to be worn -- but not to furniture items, blankets, or leather products.

Do you wear leather shoes?

Hypocrite

Forum List

Back