🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Furious South Koreans Blast ‘Ignorant’ Trump For ‘Distortion Of History’

Yes, but ya know basic shit like the leader of a nation giving a 'true' history accounting doesn't really fall into my 'no way that happened' pile. I'm rather surprised it does for anyone frankly.
Trump is the true leader of China already? Did he say that as well?

mmk you've worn out my daily allotment of "dealing with stupid" :wave:
what could your cult leader trump possibly say that you wouldn't believe... name one thing?

All of Korea was once ruled by the Great Khans who were from Mongolia and not China. Kublai Khan tried to invade Japan but his fleet was destroyed by the Divine Wind, Kamikaze.
Japan invaded and occupied all of korea for years so technically saying "korea was part of japan" is more accurate than china... or mongolia

I know Japan invaded Manchuria and annexed it. Technically China belongs to Japan.

Technically China belongs to Japan.
I want Trump to say that on national TV

History is not Trump's forte and neither his advisors. Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and so was Hillary.
wasn't Hillary born to relatively poor family in chicago? her dad was in the military when she was born wasn't he?

Her middle name is Rodham and that is a rich family. Bill Clinton grew up poor in Hope, Arkansas. I did a project in Little Rock but did not go up to see Hope. I did a project in Georgia and went to Plains where Jimmy Carter grew up. Peanut farmer my ass, his family owned the peanut elevators who ripped off peanut farmers.

History is not Trump's forte and neither his advisors. Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and so was Hillary.
wasn't Hillary born to relatively poor family in chicago? her dad was in the military when she was born wasn't he?

Her middle name is Rodham and that is a rich family. Bill Clinton grew up poor in Hope, Arkansas. I did a project in Little Rock but did not go up to see Hope. I did a project in Georgia and went to Plains where Jimmy Carter grew up. Peanut farmer my ass, his family owned the peanut elevators who ripped off peanut farmers.
Her maiden name is rodham which is common British name, but her father was in the military and worked as a textile salesmen, then opened his own store after she was born

Her maiden name is rodham which is common British name, but her father was in the military and worked as a textile salesmen, then opened his own store after she was born

I take you for your word that she grew up poor too. I read that she was born rich a long time ago. I would like to see her childhood home and form my own conclusion.

Trump had said “Korea actually used to be a part of China.”

Many in South Korea are steamed at President Donald Trump for saying their nation was once “part of China.”

Trump told The Wall Street Journal that Chinese President Xi Jinping gave him a history lesson during their meeting earlier this month, which gave him a new appreciation of the difficulties of defusing the situation in North Korea.

“And, you know, you’re talking about thousands of years ... and many wars,” Trump was quoted as saying April 12. “And Korea actually used to be a part of China. And after listening for 10 minutes, I realized that it’s not so easy.”

But South Koreans say their nation was never part of China.

Arirang News, in the video above, called Trump’s remarks “ignorant” and quoted a government official as saying the comments are “clearly not true and not even worthy of response.”

The nation’s politicians are also making it clear what they think of the American president’s comments.

“The 50 million South Koreans, as well as many common-sensical people around the world, cannot help but feel embarrassed and shocked,” Youn Kwan-suk, spokesman of the main opposition Democratic Party, told The New York Times.

“This is clearly a distortion of history and an invasion of the Republic of Korea’s sovereignty,” Hong Joon-pyo, a conservative Liberal Korea Party candidate, said through a spokesman, according to The Hill.

“It’s a clear fact acknowledged by the international community that, for thousands of years in history, Korea has never been part of China,” foreign ministry spokesman Cho June-hyuck said at a briefing, according to Korea JoongAng Daily.

More: Furious South Koreans Blast ‘Ignorant’ Trump For ‘Distortion Of History’

It is so embarrassing to have such an idiot in the White House. Can we survive his lackadaisical and lethargic on-the-job training? Actually, I don't think Trump gives a shit - other than trying to make money off the presidency.

Where do you think Hanguk got its name from? Han= Chinese Guk=country. Han+guk = Korea (nation).

Han Chinese - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trump had said “Korea actually used to be a part of China.”

Many in South Korea are steamed at President Donald Trump for saying their nation was once “part of China.”

Trump told The Wall Street Journal that Chinese President Xi Jinping gave him a history lesson during their meeting earlier this month, which gave him a new appreciation of the difficulties of defusing the situation in North Korea.

“And, you know, you’re talking about thousands of years ... and many wars,” Trump was quoted as saying April 12. “And Korea actually used to be a part of China. And after listening for 10 minutes, I realized that it’s not so easy.”

But South Koreans say their nation was never part of China.

Arirang News, in the video above, called Trump’s remarks “ignorant” and quoted a government official as saying the comments are “clearly not true and not even worthy of response.”

The nation’s politicians are also making it clear what they think of the American president’s comments.

“The 50 million South Koreans, as well as many common-sensical people around the world, cannot help but feel embarrassed and shocked,” Youn Kwan-suk, spokesman of the main opposition Democratic Party, told The New York Times.

“This is clearly a distortion of history and an invasion of the Republic of Korea’s sovereignty,” Hong Joon-pyo, a conservative Liberal Korea Party candidate, said through a spokesman, according to The Hill.

“It’s a clear fact acknowledged by the international community that, for thousands of years in history, Korea has never been part of China,” foreign ministry spokesman Cho June-hyuck said at a briefing, according to Korea JoongAng Daily.

More: Furious South Koreans Blast ‘Ignorant’ Trump For ‘Distortion Of History’

It is so embarrassing to have such an idiot in the White House. Can we survive his lackadaisical and lethargic on-the-job training? Actually, I don't think Trump gives a shit - other than trying to make money off the presidency.

Where do you think Hanguk got its name from? Han= Chinese Guk=country. Han+guk = Korea (nation).

Han Chinese - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been to Hainan Island which is in China but actually a thin necked peninsula that widens and Haiphong Harbor which is in North Vietnam. I know Qua means river in Vietnam and Cua means canal in French but what does Hai mean. Hanoi starts with Han so Hanoi is a country?

Last edited:
Not just them, there's been many "claims" by "China" on Korea so I mean "technically" yea Xi is correct, but yea it's uhm pretty much considered by most folks that after the (what 1142) Ying lost their footing it was "independent" - I'm not surprised China argued such a claim though, they are quite proud of their heritage over there - and also so yea XI would be giving Trump a history lesson heh
If we're getting technical, it was during the Yuan dynasty that Korea was part of China, but then it would be just as accurate to say that at the time China was part of Mongolia.

China still claims that Taiwan is part of their Country.....ask the Taiwanese what they think of that....

Forum List

Back