Gallup: Government Too Powerful

And these will be the same people who will complain when a disaster hits, and the government doesn't respond fast enough.

Medicare-keep-your-hands-off-my-medicare.jpg

oh brother

Like New Orleans?

This argument the Left uses -- that since we all agree that government should provide protection and certain fundamental services then by extension it should "take care of us" cradle to grave -- is probably gaining support, as intellectually dishonest as it is.

My point in the OP is not that it won't happen, it's just that it may take a little more time than I thought.

I don't think I'll ever understand the affection and devotion so many people have for people who are as dishonest, corrupt and narcissistic as professional politicians. Like an abused wife, they make apologies for their attacker and just end up getting more.

Here it comes, enjoy. It still may take a little while, though.

This argument the Left uses -- that since we all agree that government should provide protection and certain fundamental services then by extension it should "take care of us" cradle to grave -- is probably gaining support, as intellectually dishonest as it is.

My point in the OP is not that it won't happen, it's just that it may take a little more time than I thought.

I don't think I'll ever understand the affection and devotion so many people have for people who are as dishonest, corrupt and narcissistic as professional politicians. Like an abused wife, they make apologies for their attacker and just end up getting more.

I guess my problem is, I don't see the government as my abuser. I see the abuser as being the greedy corporation and Dressage Horse riding Narcisists who screw with my life to get more even though they already have plenty.

I was associated with the military for 11 years. In that time, in exchance for my service, they paid for my college, helped me with my home loan and taught me the basics of the trade I still practice to this very day.

Every civilian employer I've worked for since I left the military has found some creative way to screw me over. That's when the banks aren't finding ways to do so.

I really don't think their behavior would improve if there was less government. Probably quite the reverse.

And this is where I think the Republican Party has gone wrong. With Ike, Nixon, Ford and I would even go so far as to include Reagan, they saw government as having a role in improving society.

I guess my problem is, I don't see the government as my abuser. I see the abuser as being the greedy corporation and Dressage Horse riding Narcisists who screw with my life to get more even though they already have plenty.

I was associated with the military for 11 years. In that time, in exchance for my service, they paid for my college, helped me with my home loan and taught me the basics of the trade I still practice to this very day.

Every civilian employer I've worked for since I left the military has found some creative way to screw me over. That's when the banks aren't finding ways to do so.

I really don't think their behavior would improve if there was less government. Probably quite the reverse.

And this is where I think the Republican Party has gone wrong. With Ike, Nixon, Ford and I would even go so far as to include Reagan, they saw government as having a role in improving society.

Joe, look at your own words.

For the most part, they're about what you feel was done to you personally by the private sector. Okay, that's your call, there are plenty of people who would react differently, but that's fine.

But you absolutely avoid typing one word admitting the lies, corruption, sloth, bloat and dependence-creating activities perpetrated on a daily basis by the Federal Government. And the Federal Government does this right in your face with taxpayer money and under the guise of "helping" you. At least a corporation fully admits that its existence is all about maximizing shareholder value.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, and again, I suspect you're going to get your way. But you're illustrating my point.

Last edited:

Well, this is a nice way to start the day:

Americans' Belief That Gov't Is Too Powerful at Record Level

It's now 60 to 32.

We're clearly moving towards the more centralized bureaucracy that the Left covets, but it's nice to see that the narcissistic thugs and liars in D.C. have not yet taken over the American psyche.

Did you notice this part:

As the George W. Bush era continued, both Republicans and Democrats began to report higher levels of unease with the amount of power the federal government held. Between 2004 and 2007, the gap between the parties ranged from seven to 17 percentage points, with Democrats more likely than Republicans to say the government had too much power.

--------------------------------

Ahhh ha ha. They are saying it started with Bush. Well yea. He lied. He tricked this country into war. He buttfucked the poor and middle class. He was a terrible disaster.

6a00d834520b4b69e201538eaa8617970b-320wi

It's now 60 to 32.

We're clearly moving towards the more centralized bureaucracy that the Left covets, but it's nice to see that the narcissistic thugs and liars in D.C. have not yet taken over the American psyche.

As the George W. Bush era continued, both Republicans and Democrats began to report higher levels of unease with the amount of power the federal government held. Between 2004 and 2007, the gap between the parties ranged from seven to 17 percentage points, with Democrats more likely than Republicans to say the government had too much power.

Ahhh ha ha. They are saying it started with Bush. Well yea. He lied. He tricked this country into war. He buttfucked the poor and middle class. He was a terrible disaster.

Yup, Bush was a disaster. I don't even want to think about it.

What does this have to do with my point about your end of the spectrum's affection for and devotion to the Federal Government? Or my comparison regarding abused wives?

Precisely?

[

For the most part, they're about what you feel was done to you personally by the private sector. Okay, that's your call, there are plenty of people who would react differently, but that's fine.

But you absolutely avoid typing one word admitting the lies, corruption, sloth, bloat and dependence-creating activities perpetrated on a daily basis by the Federal Government. And the Federal Government does this right in your face with taxpayer money and under the guise of "helping" you. At least a corporation fully admits that its existence is all about maximizing shareholder value.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, and again, I suspect you're going to get your way. But you're illustrating my point.

There's just as m uch bloat, corruption, sloth and lies in the private sector, probably more, and I can say this having worked in both.

Fuck big corporations. Seriously.

We pay into SS. Thats each individuals money that the govt confiscates for thirty forty years and then allows a pittance back.

If you retire at 65 and live to be 72, you get everything you paid into SS back.

:lmao:

Oh, sure. There is no such thing as inflation.....
Even funnier, he made a case for why SS should be abolished.

After 40 years of paying into the system, you reclaim it all in seven years.

Then you start taking other peoples money if you live beyond 72!!

[

There's just as m uch bloat, corruption, sloth and lies in the private sector, probably more, and I can say this having worked in both.

Hey Joe,

Not to jump into your conversation, but I agree with you to a point. Corporations in America used to have three primary goals.

1. Make a Profit

2. Take care of employees (pay a living wage, decent benefits, consider them "family")

3. Be a positive member of the Community.

Joe, all of that started to go in the 1980's. Now they are fucking ruthless. The idea is to squeeze every penny out of the enterprise and funnel as much of that money to the top corporate directors and board members as they can...as quickly as they can. Maximizing shareholder value is given lip service...but the primary goal is to enrich the top corporate officers. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

On the other hand, I hate the fucking Government, and see it as even more corrupt. I can choose to avoid doing business with a corporation. I do not buy Apple shit because they are scumbags. But the Government crawls up my asshole on almost everything, and I have to deal with them. So I guess you could say I am conflicted. But I do believe you have a valid point regarding the current state of Corporate America.

Last edited:
[

Hey Joe,

Not to jump into your conversation, but I agree with you to a point. Corporations in America used to have three primary goals.

1. Make a Profit

2. Take care of employees (pay a living wage, decent benefits, consider them "family")

Joe, all of that started to go in the 1980's. Now they are fucking ruthless. The idea is to squeeze every penny out of the enterprise and funnel as much of that money to the top corporate directors and board members as they can...as quickly as they can. Maximizing shareholder value is given lip service...but the primary goal is to enrich the top corporate officers. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

On the other hand, I hate the fucking Government, and see it as even more corrupt. I can choose to avoid doing business with a corporation. I do not buy Apple shit because they are scumbags. But the Government crawls up my asshole on almost everything, and I have to deal with them. So I guess you could say I am conflicted. But I do believe you have a valid point regarding the current state of Corporate America.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc2GpmLx82k]EF Hutton Commercial 1979 - YouTube[/ame]

[
Who do you think you're fooling?

You have a deep, visceral loathing of liberty. You hate having it, and you don't want anyone else having it, either.

You've made this abundantly clear.

No, I have a deep hatred of STUPIDITY.

Gun owners are basically just stupid, as I've proven many time. A gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill someone in your house as a bad guy, but you insist on them all the same. Because, um... liberty .... or freedom.... or Smith and Wesson's Profit Margin.

Compare the number of gun deaths a year and the number of dead babies due to abortions and tell who is really stupid.

[
Who do you think you're fooling?

You have a deep, visceral loathing of liberty. You hate having it, and you don't want anyone else having it, either.

You've made this abundantly clear.

No, I have a deep hatred of STUPIDITY.

Gun owners are basically just stupid, as I've proven many time. A gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill someone in your house as a bad guy, but you insist on them all the same. Because, um... liberty .... or freedom.... or Smith and Wesson's Profit Margin.

Compare the number of gun deaths a year and the number of dead babies due to abortions and tell who is really stupid.

Okay- ZERO babies die of Abortion.

Fetuses aren't babies.

Sorry, you lose.

[
Yes, of course -- but you're wrong. Not at all surprising from a Communist (have I mentioned how stupid Commies are?)

Besides, for someone who claims not to be a Commie, you sure do take it personally when someone criticizes Commies.

Dumbass.

No, I just see a big difference between real Communists (which doesn't work) and folks who realize what we are doing isn't really working, either.

I mean, you were paying attention during the 2008 meltdown, where the system you praise NEEDED a Government bailout to survive, right? Did you miss that? Were you busy polishing your gun?
Oh, you mean when the Democrats said Fannie and Freddy were just fine, nothing to worry about, no need to do anything?
Oh, yeah, "communism". Two words you'll always hear from a wingnut. "Freedom" (your ability to be as irresponible and selfish as you want) and "communist" (anyone who points out your stupidity).

You don't need a gun, and I'm tired of watching little kids being dragged out of schools in body bags because of your weird fetish.

Like hell you're tired of it. You need a soapbox from which to demand guns be banned...and what better soapbox than a pile of dead children's bodies?

Do you Scotchguard your shoes to make the bloodstains easier to remove?

You don't give a damn about gun victims. You just want to take away people's freedom to defend themselves from criminals.

Why are you on the side of criminals, Pinko?

The Criminals aren't the problem.

Nancy Lanza wasn't killed by a crimnal. She was killed by her own son. A son she taught how to shoot and allowed to play violent video games until his already unbalanced mind lost contact with reality.

And then he slaughtered 20 kids and 6 brave teachers who laid down their lives trying to protect them.

I wonder if they re-issued his Man Card?
He's a criminal. And of course, you excuse his behavior and blame his mother. And his gun.

Because, of course, his weapons acted on their own without any input from a human being.

Right?

I guess it's simply too much to expect that a progressive blame a criminal for his actions.

[

Hey Joe,

1. Make a Profit

I think Government is a reflection of us. We want it to do all these things. We don't want to pay for it, and we don't want that OTHER guy getting his stuff.

The reality is the vast majority of us get more out of government than we pay in, if we had to acquire all those services from a private entity. Think Cigna is going to insure your health after you're 65?

Now, I think NEITHER party is willing to have the honest converstation of "How much government do we want and how much will it cost?" And we keep electing them.

It's now 60 to 32.

So you're saying it was bad when Bush did it...but it's awesome when Obama does it.

[

He's (Adam Lanza) a criminal. And of course, you excuse his behavior and blame his mother. And his gun.

Because, of course, his weapons acted on their own without any input from a human being.

Right?

I guess it's simply too much to expect that a progressive blame a criminal for his actions.

I don't excuse Adam Lanza's behavior. BUt I understand it.

He was pretty severely mentally ill. In fact, had he lived, he'd have probably gotten off on a diminished capacity plea.

The CRIME was that his mother, knowing he was dangerous, enabled his bad behavior. And so did the Gun Industry.

another one

SNIP:
63% Believe Most Americans Want Government to Have Less Power and Money

in Politics

Email thisShareThis

Related Articles

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
7% Think Congress Is Doing A Good or Excellent Job
64% Think Spending Cuts Best for Economy
64% Say Federal Government Has Too Much Power and Money
51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding
63% View Too-Powerful Government As Bigger Threat Than Weaker One

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Most Americans continue to believe politicians want more power and money for the government while their fellow citizens want the opposite. Sixty-three percent (63%) of Adults nationwide believe most Americans want the government to have less power and money, according to a new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey

all of it here
63% Believe Most Americans Want Government to Have Less Power and Money - Rasmussen Reports?

Forum List

Back