Game of Thrones

so, BOTTOM LINE here.

For eight years, more or less, we have been tutored on the evils of the fukkers on the north side of the Wall of Ice. They represent the great battle between Good and Evil, and were promised that at the end of the day, we would know where they came from, what their intentions are, and why they want to kill every living human south of the Wall.

And what happens? They all disintegrate when some teenager knifes the king of the white walkers. How she got to the bastard, with his hundreds of guards and whatnot, but ignoring that.

Where is the conclusion? How did they come to exist? What was their overall purpose?

It reminds me of the novel Andromeda Strain. A virus infects the whole human race, everyone is going to die, everything imaginable has been tried to kill it or neutralize it, or whatever...and it just goes away for no apparent reason. AFU.
I had forgotten about the Andromeda Strain. If I recall, the virus mutated to something harmless, thereby saving the world. Kind of like a virus killing the most powerful race of conquerors in the known solar system.

Now we have an assassin from nowhere taking out the greatest threat to the Seven Kingdoms that has ever existed and the end to a 7-year build up.

Well, some people liked it. To Me, it was a huge disappointment.

I like the surprise twist of Arya killing the NK...she had been training for it for years. The rest of the battle completely sucked.
She has been training to kill Cersei for years
A bunch of rocks beat her to it

That just shows how lame the writers are for this Season. I suppose they thought it would be a plot twist to have Cersei die under a bunch of rocks (with Jamie). The ugly turn in his character didn't help either.

Season 8 actually makes Season 7 look brilliant in comparison.

Better way to kill a villain like Cersei than having rocks fall on her

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her
The people of Kings Landing kill her

I should have been a writer

I thought for sure Jaime was going to be the one to kill her.

so, BOTTOM LINE here.

For eight years, more or less, we have been tutored on the evils of the fukkers on the north side of the Wall of Ice. They represent the great battle between Good and Evil, and were promised that at the end of the day, we would know where they came from, what their intentions are, and why they want to kill every living human south of the Wall.

And what happens? They all disintegrate when some teenager knifes the king of the white walkers. How she got to the bastard, with his hundreds of guards and whatnot, but ignoring that.

Where is the conclusion? How did they come to exist? What was their overall purpose?

It reminds me of the novel Andromeda Strain. A virus infects the whole human race, everyone is going to die, everything imaginable has been tried to kill it or neutralize it, or whatever...and it just goes away for no apparent reason. AFU.
I had forgotten about the Andromeda Strain. If I recall, the virus mutated to something harmless, thereby saving the world. Kind of like a virus killing the most powerful race of conquerors in the known solar system.

Now we have an assassin from nowhere taking out the greatest threat to the Seven Kingdoms that has ever existed and the end to a 7-year build up.

I like the surprise twist of Arya killing the NK...she had been training for it for years. The rest of the battle completely sucked.

That just shows how lame the writers are for this Season. I suppose they thought it would be a plot twist to have Cersei die under a bunch of rocks (with Jamie). The ugly turn in his character didn't help either.

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

I was kind of hoping that Arya would use the Baelish face and knife Cersei.

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

That was one of my theories. He killed the Mad King in the back, but would kill Cersei while facing her. But then Daenarys turned into the Madder Queen, and Cersei was just an extra character to be exterminated. I really hate how Brienne has been treated.

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

That was one of my theories. He killed the Mad King in the back, but would kill Cersei while facing her. But then Daenarys turned into the Madder Queen, and Cersei was just an extra character to be exterminated. I really hate how Brienne has been treated.

After the way the ice king went down, nobody should be surprised at the anti-climactic end to Cersei. I kinda wish the writers had been killed by falling rocks.

The only Change.org thing I've ever been tempted to sign:

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (i.e. the books) to fall back on.

This series deserves a final season that makes sense.

Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!

Sign the Petition

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

I was kind of hoping that Arya would use the Baelish face and knife Cersei.
Cersei had no worse a death than a hundred thousand other people in Kings Landing ......and they were innocent victims

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

After the way the ice king went down, nobody should be surprised at the anti-climactic end to Cersei. I kinda wish the writers had been killed by falling rocks.
Jaime had just as bad ending

After spending six seasons reviving his reputation, he just goes back to what he was

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

After spending six seasons reviving his reputation, he just goes back to what he was

Agreed. Jamie's story line was one of redemption - and they threw it all away.

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

Obviously the boneheads Benioff and Weiss don't understand foreshadowing. Jaime vs Cersei was spelled out a long time ago.

I have a really hard time accepting the idea that GRRM intended Jaime's story to end that way.

Obviously the boneheads Benioff and Weiss don't understand foreshadowing. Jaime vs Cersei was spelled out a long time ago.

I have a really hard time accepting the idea that GRRM intended Jaime's story to end that way.

The Brienne story line was just stupid

Tie Jaime and her romantically...then just have him walk away and go back to Cersei

Last edited:

The Brienne story line was just stupid

Tir Jaime and her romantically...then just have him walk away and go back to Cersei

She should have followed him to kings landing, and then have him forced to kill Cersei to save Brienne.

Danny is good as dead next episode.

Was a good episode except for what they did to Danny's character.

Part of me thinks that the spin offs that HBO are working on are post Danny time lines and they pushed the writers to take it here. There is simply no other explanation for where this has gone other than the writers are just void of creativity
Never underestimate the power of unimaginative writing to destroy a great show. Millennium is a classic example! Rather than explore the relationship between Frank Black and Katherine, they killed her!
Was that the show about an airplane that vanished? Name sounds familiar but I don't remember

075DF0A7-AA41-40F1-BE9B-AD763164458E_jpeg-947016.JPG

Danny is good as dead next episode.

Was a good episode except for what they did to Danny's character.

Part of me thinks that the spin offs that HBO are working on are post Danny time lines and they pushed the writers to take it here. There is simply no other explanation for where this has gone other than the writers are just void of creativity
Never underestimate the power of unimaginative writing to destroy a great show. Millennium is a classic example! Rather than explore the relationship between Frank Black and Katherine, they killed her!
Was that the show about an airplane that vanished? Name sounds familiar but I don't remember

Lost

so, BOTTOM LINE here.

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

Sister Umela, Oberyn Martell, the Queen of Thorns, and Robert Baratheon join the Army of the Dead and kill her.

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

Sister Umela, Oberyn Martell, the Queen of Thorns, and Robert Baratheon join the Army of the Dead and kill her.

Like to see Sister Umela get a second shot at her

Shame

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

Shame

I'd like to see little Lady Mormont off her, but the Dead Giant will have to do.

Dragon Fire
Jamie kills her
Tyrion kills her
Arya kills her
Dany kills her
Grey worm kills her

Shame

I'd like to see little Lady Mormont off her, but the Dead Giant will have to do.
Great character

I wish they gave her a bigger role

Forum List

Back