Gas prices at 3 year high .......THANKS TRUMP!

Gas prices go up every summer

Man if you people had a penny for every gram of stupid you have you'd all be richer than Bill Gates

Maybe if Obama hadn't actually admitted that his policies were actually designed to cause energy costs to "necessarily sky-rocket"...we probably wouldn't have jumped on him about it.

Obama drilled like crazy - gas prices kept coming down ... Catch up

The irony is that President Obama - who is not viewed as a friend of the oil and gas industry - has presided over rising oil production in each of the seven years he has been in office. (On a separate note, expect that streak to be broken in 2016). From that low point in 2008, U.S. oil production has grown each year to reach 9.4 million bpd in 2015 -- a gain of 88% during Obama's presidency. This is in fact the largest domestic oil production increase during any presidency in U.S. history.​

The Irony Of President Obama's Oil Legacy

160721142411-us-oil-production-soars-under-obama-780x439.jpg
Liar.
Obama didn't drill shit. And production isn't only tied to drilling. Most of the new production was from Fracking.
Oil companies had to do most of it on other than federal lands.

Thanks to Fracking, U.S. Will Pass Saudi Arabia In Oil Production

The International Energy Agency has issued projections that the United States will displace Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil producer by 2015. By 2020, notes a report in Investing Daily, the United States will produce 11.6 million barrels a day. During the same period, Saudi Arabia’s output is expected to fall from 11.7 million bpd to 10.6 million bpd.

Links

U.S. Oil Production Up, But On Whose Lands? - IER

Every 3 or 4 years I buy a new gas guzzling truck for work. I have older trucks that also suck the gas for various tasks. Demo truck, hauling truck etc.

There is currently no alternative that can handle the task at hand that is even remotely feasible.

I am not stupid to the fact that these types of devices are too expensive specifically because of the oil industry and the powers that be.
Having said that I live in the real world and have to function within the reality of profitability and functionality not the bubble of liberal pixie dust & fairy tales

I live in a real blue state and I bought a VOLT to round around town. To license the car is now $150 more than gas guzzlers because the state doesn't really give a rats ass about the environment, they care about the revenue.

Every 3 or 4 years I buy a new gas guzzling truck for work. I have older trucks that also suck the gas for various tasks. Demo truck, hauling truck etc.

There is currently no alternative that can handle the task at hand that is even remotely feasible.

I am not stupid to the fact that these types of devices are too expensive specifically because of the oil industry and the powers that be.
Having said that I live in the real world and have to function within the reality of profitability and functionality not the bubble of liberal pixie dust & fairy tales

I live in a real blue state and I bought a VOLT to round around town. To license the car is now $150 more than gas guzzlers because the state doesn't really give a rats ass about the environment, they care about the revenue.
What's their excuse?

What's their excuse?

They are losing the gas tax revenue because the car is partially electric.

Increased poverty
Decreased family income
Astronomical debt
Increased income disparity
Illegals flooding in
Increased welfare
Destroyed health care
Dismal economic growth.

Thanks Obama, you worthless piece of affirmative action shit.

What's their excuse?

They are losing the gas tax revenue because the car is partially electric.
Omg lol

Gotta tap that wallet one way or another.

Numerous markets control gas prices. The most telling sign about rising prices in my opinion is we produce more oil and gasoline than ever before, in fact there are predictions that the US will be the #1 oil producing nation in 2019. Also our oil exports are at record highs and will continue to increase for the foreseeable future.
So gasoline prices in the USA are rising, oil production is at record levels and oil exports are at record levels.
Obviously it is more profitable to export USA oil than to make gas for the USA market so that is what producers are doing, export.

Why U.S. Oil Exports Are Surging | OilPrice.com
U.S. Oil Looks To Conquer European Market | OilPrice.com

Solar energy is completely free when harnessed. It is endlessly abundant.

Yet a device to harness its power will take almost 15 years to pay for itself on my home. A bunch of coated glass, converters and wiring harnesses that will break like every other technology and require regular maintenance costs more than my regular electric bill....yet somehow I'm supposed to be excited.

You want to push this shit on consumers make it financially feasible

Thermal plants do that.

Presidents have very little effect on fuel prices, stupid. They vary up and down under every president.

Maybe if Obama hadn't actually admitted that his policies were actually designed to cause energy costs to "necessarily sky-rocket"...we probably wouldn't have jumped on him about it.

The irony is that President Obama - who is not viewed as a friend of the oil and gas industry - has presided over rising oil production in each of the seven years he has been in office. (On a separate note, expect that streak to be broken in 2016). From that low point in 2008, U.S. oil production has grown each year to reach 9.4 million bpd in 2015 -- a gain of 88% during Obama's presidency. This is in fact the largest domestic oil production increase during any presidency in U.S. history.​

Liar.
Obama didn't drill shit. And production isn't only tied to drilling. Most of the new production was from Fracking.

The International Energy Agency has issued projections that the United States will displace Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil producer by 2015. By 2020, notes a report in Investing Daily, the United States will produce 11.6 million barrels a day. During the same period, Saudi Arabia’s output is expected to fall from 11.7 million bpd to 10.6 million bpd.
Links

Which is kind of the entire point of this thread Muddy. Presidents don't control oil prices.

But thanks for the confirmation that no matter WHAT -- You wouldn't give Obama credit even for flipping on a light switch :)

cause as we all learned from the cons during the Obama years , the prez is to blame for gas prices ! Am I right ?

Gas prices are near a three-year high. Here's how to save at the pump
"While it won't cost motorists as much as it did during 2011-2014, it will cost them millions more every day versus last year," said Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum analyst for GasBuddy.com.

During that four-year span, the average per-gallon price remained between $3 and $4.

LOL! I shop around got it for 2.53 yesterday while everyone else had jumped to 2.69. Meh I shop Kroger and Ingles and get 10 cents off for every 100 points I get at grocery store. I remember it being so bad back when Odumbass was elected I had to budget 50$ every 2 weeks for gas and that hardly ever got me through the 2 weeks....gas was damn near 4$ then.

This is, of course, a complete misrepresentation and really a goofy reason to be goofy.. Obama was simply stating an economic fact about cap-and-trade, specifically. Only a liar or a rube would associate any of that with gasoline prices.
He said gas prices should be high like Europe's.

Liar.

Links

Which is kind of the entire point of this thread Muddy. Presidents don't control oil prices.

But thanks for the confirmation that no matter WHAT -- You wouldn't give Obama credit even for flipping on a light switch :)
Presidents have some effect, but they aren't the only effect. However, I remember prices spiking when Obama shut down off-shore drilling. Only a liar refused to admit it.

Solar energy is completely free when harnessed. It is endlessly abundant.

Yet a device to harness its power will take almost 15 years to pay for itself on my home. A bunch of coated glass, converters and wiring harnesses that will break like every other technology and require regular maintenance costs more than my regular electric bill....yet somehow I'm supposed to be excited.

You want to push this shit on consumers make it financially feasible

Solar panel warranties

Solar panel manufacturers provide a range of warranties that guarantee you will have support and coverage in the unlikely event of an issue, such as hail or falling tree branches.

Power output warranties guarantee that panel performance won’t fall below a specified level over the term of the warranty (usually 25 years). For instance, a manufacturer might provide a warranty to guarantee that peak power output won’t fall below 85 percent for 25 years.

Some manufacturers will also include an additional warranty that promises a higher output level over a shorter period of time. As an example, a secondary warranty might guarantee no less than 90 percent of initial power output for the first 10 years.

Panels typically come with a workmanship warranty that protects consumers against defective panel parts, generally for the first five years of operation. Inverters also come with warranties, usually for 10 years.

Learn more about solar panel warranties and other indicators of quality in EnergySage’s Guide to Evaluating Solar Panel Quality.

Forum List

Back