🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gas prices..

Whatever that means... :dunno:

Oil commerce has nothing to do with "Islamism", let alone any religion. It's a cartel. Its purpose is to steer/stranglehold the market by mutually managing its member countries' resources. Some of its members are Venezuela, Ecuador and Angola, places not known for a whole lot of turning toward Mecca.

Guess that makes it "keeping the Islamists and Christianists happy".

It's astounding how many partisan hacks are willing to profess abject ignorance of how the free market works.

It means that Muslim countries that have no source of revenue, except for oil, will not be able to cut production by "ten skillion barrels".

It's astounding how many partisan hacks are willing to profess abject ignorance of how the free market works

I know, but enough about you.

Not familiar with how OPEC works then?

It's so much in their hands that they affect the market by NOT acting::

>> Brent crude oil fell on Monday due to speculation that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) will not cut production.

OPEC was expected to cut production before a meeting scheduled for next month in Vienna, Bloomberg reports.

... “The statements from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait make it clear that they aren’t doing anything until the meeting, which is more than a month away,” he added. <<​
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> Angola, Libya and Venezuela have all said OPEC needs to take action on prices, with the Latin American nation’s President Nicolas Maduro calling for an emergency meeting in a televised address Oct. 17. Global markets are oversupplied by about 1 million barrels a day and OPEC needs to reduce collective output by at least 500,000 barrels a day, Libya’s OPEC governor Samir Kamal said by e-mail yesterday, adding that his comments reflected personal views. (here) <<
CNBC: Will OPEC cut oil production to boost price?

Ah, what the hell, I'm just kidding. The truth is Barack O'bama personally sets prices on every pump with a secret app on his teleprompter. You go ahead and run with that.

The truth is Barack Obama would set prices on every pump if he had the secret app. It would be $6.00 a gallon instead of $3.00 a gallon if he had got his way. As it is, the oil companies came up with advanced technology to develop shale oil and perfected fracking.

I did read somewhere that there is a price war going on with OPEC countries all competing for the Chinese, Indian and several other countries markets. The very fact that they are losing the sale of lot of oil to the US means they have to compete which lowers the price.
I might add, in spite of Obama's efforts to minimize US oil production.
One of the very first things he did when he took office was rescind Bush's Executive Order that would allow off shore drilling. Now the Chinese are drilling exploratory wells off the coast of Florida. Then he blocked the Keystone pipeline and awarded far fewer drilling permits on federal land.
I am somewhat less than an expert, but feel free to correct any misconceptions that I have.

Oh noes -- the old yellow peril drilling off Florida thing again :laugh2:

I remember that one. A moldy oldie. George Will wrote it, and The Dick Cheney toked on it and passed it around, but it was bullshit.

>> In a column published 5 June 2008, syndicated columnist George Will wrote that a Chinese oil company was then drilling in Cuban waters 60 miles (97 km) from the Florida coast, a claim that was repeated by candidates in favor of offshore drilling.[11] George Will later acknowledged that no drilling was then taking place in that part of Cuban waters. << (Wiki)

The pipeline we've been over a million times; all it does is make it easier for Big OIl to get crude to Houston where after refining it can be easily loaded on ships to Asia. Has nothing to do with our pump supplies. In other words the only people who beneift are those with an "on" in their name (e.g. Exxon, Chevron, Marathon...)

Somebody else can take the drilling permits question. It's more complex than I have time for. But the other stuff has been done before.

Self proclaimed expert,simplistically leaving out so many things,but it make it easier for him to understand the programed talking points.

Evil big oil,those some scary people!!

Funny how I get all these naysayers who say nay but can't link a damn thing to make or refute a point.

That's OK -- I'm used to it.

Whatever that means... :dunno:

Oil commerce has nothing to do with "Islamism", let alone any religion. It's a cartel. Its purpose is to steer/stranglehold the market by mutually managing its member countries' resources. Some of its members are Venezuela, Ecuador and Angola, places not known for a whole lot of turning toward Mecca.

Guess that makes it "keeping the Islamists and Christianists happy".

It's astounding how many partisan hacks are willing to profess abject ignorance of how the free market works.

It means that Muslim countries that have no source of revenue, except for oil, will not be able to cut production by "ten skillion barrels".

It's astounding how many partisan hacks are willing to profess abject ignorance of how the free market works

I know, but enough about you.

Not familiar with how OPEC works then?

It's so much in their hands that they affect the market by NOT acting::

>> Brent crude oil fell on Monday due to speculation that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) will not cut production.

OPEC was expected to cut production before a meeting scheduled for next month in Vienna, Bloomberg reports.

... “The statements from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait make it clear that they aren’t doing anything until the meeting, which is more than a month away,” he added. <<​
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>> Angola, Libya and Venezuela have all said OPEC needs to take action on prices, with the Latin American nation’s President Nicolas Maduro calling for an emergency meeting in a televised address Oct. 17. Global markets are oversupplied by about 1 million barrels a day and OPEC needs to reduce collective output by at least 500,000 barrels a day, Libya’s OPEC governor Samir Kamal said by e-mail yesterday, adding that his comments reflected personal views. (here) <<
CNBC: Will OPEC cut oil production to boost price?

Ah, what the hell, I'm just kidding. The truth is Barack O'bama personally sets prices on every pump with a secret app on his teleprompter. You go ahead and run with that.

The truth is Barack Obama would set prices on every pump if he had the secret app. It would be $6.00 a gallon instead of $3.00 a gallon if he had got his way. As it is, the oil companies came up with advanced technology to develop shale oil and perfected fracking.

I did read somewhere that there is a price war going on with OPEC countries all competing for the Chinese, Indian and several other countries markets. The very fact that they are losing the sale of lot of oil to the US means they have to compete which lowers the price.
I might add, in spite of Obama's efforts to minimize US oil production.
One of the very first things he did when he took office was rescind Bush's Executive Order that would allow off shore drilling. Now the Chinese are drilling exploratory wells off the coast of Florida. Then he blocked the Keystone pipeline and awarded far fewer drilling permits on federal land.
I am somewhat less than an expert, but feel free to correct any misconceptions that I have.

Oh noes -- the old yellow peril drilling off Florida thing again :laugh2:

I remember that one. A moldy oldie. George Will wrote it, and The Dick Cheney toked on it and passed it around, but it was bullshit.

>> In a column published 5 June 2008, syndicated columnist George Will wrote that a Chinese oil company was then drilling in Cuban waters 60 miles (97 km) from the Florida coast, a claim that was repeated by candidates in favor of offshore drilling.[11] George Will later acknowledged that no drilling was then taking place in that part of Cuban waters. << (Wiki)

The pipeline we've been over a million times; all it does is make it easier for Big OIl to get crude to Houston where after refining it can be easily loaded on ships to Asia. Has nothing to do with our pump supplies. In other words the only people who beneift are those with an "on" in their name (e.g. Exxon, Chevron, Marathon...)

Somebody else can take the drilling permits question. It's more complex than I have time for. But the other stuff has been done before.

I don't deny that some of the oil from the pipeline may be exported and put on the world market. Likewise, some of it will be refined instead of buying crude from those that want to destroy the US.

Once again, and we did this yesteday -- we don't buy oil from anyone who "wants to destroy the US", nor does any such entity sell it. Commerce is business, and the object of business is to make money. You don't make money by destroying your customer base. Again, this would be like McDonald's setting out to get rid of fat people or Philip Morris assembling an anti-smoking campaign. Ain't gonna happen. This idea is basically reduceable to "they all look alike to me".

January 21, 2014|By William E. Gibson, Washington Bureau
WASHINGTON — Cuban officials are preparing to resume offshore oil drilling in deep waters as close as 50 miles from the Florida coast, posing a threat to the state's beaches and marine life, former Gov. Bob Graham said Monday after a trip to Havana.
Cuba presses ahead on offshore oil-drilling plans - Sun Sentinel

A point "50 miles from the Florida coast" is closer to Cuba than it is to Florida. Just a quick geographical observation.

the u.s. Dollar is just too Damn Strong. that is another part of the problem here. Those people need to print up MORE $$$ to WEAKEN the shit out of it!!!! Get those prices back up!

WASHINGTON — Cuban officials are preparing to resume offshore oil drilling in deep waters as close as 50 miles from the Florida coast, posing a threat to the state's beaches and marine life, former Gov. Bob Graham said Monday after a trip to Havana.

A point "50 miles from the Florida coast" is closer to Cuba than it is to Florida. Just a quick geographical observation.

Ya so how long is Florida's coast,ya piss for distance over the simplest shit.

Tax collected from pipeline sales.

Doesn't matter how long the fracking coast is. If the shortest point between the two is 90 miles, then 50 miles is more than half the distance. Go up the coast and it's even farther.

Duh.

is there an Election coming soon? :banana: the reason i ask is because i live in Michigan and last week i paid the ABSURDLY Low price of $2.99 a Gallon!!!!!! :party: too bad it's just the same old BS Politics Huh? :udaman:
You've been brainwashed.

2.99 is NOT and absurdly low price for gas. It is extremely high. Gas should be 2.12 per gallon tops.....

is there an Election coming soon? :banana: the reason i ask is because i live in Michigan and last week i paid the ABSURDLY Low price of $2.99 a Gallon!!!!!! :party: too bad it's just the same old BS Politics Huh? :udaman:
You've been brainwashed.

2.99 is NOT and absurdly low price for gas. It is extremely high. Gas should be 2.12 per gallon tops.....

it was Sarcasm sir..

You've been brainwashed.

it was Sarcasm sir..
Hard to tell from here.....

:coffee:

Doesn't matter how long the fracking coast is. If the shortest point between the two is 90 miles, then 50 miles is more than half the distance. Go up the coast and it's even farther.

Duh.

Duh.
Duh what they are drilling we are not.

what about tax monies? you ignore the meat and chase around the last few peas on the plate

Exports are not bad for our economy.

We have a very old pipeline systems ,they need upgrading badly.

Pipelines are the logical choice for petroleum transport.

Duh.

Duh.

Why would "we" be drilling in somebody other country's territory?
("We" of course means not "we" but oil companies, which operate for their stockholders, not for a national flag)

Duh.

Duh.

Why would "we" be drilling in somebody other country's territory?
("We" of course means not "we" but oil companies, which operate for their stockholders, not for a national flag)

You ridiculed my post about drilling off the coast of Florida as 'old news' and I proved you were 6 years behind the curve. Now you have a new excuse. My initial point was Obama reversing Bush's EO to drill of the coast of Florida as well as a number of other offshore locations where oil is thought to be. It is apparent that you have an agenda and I am no longer interested in reading you BS.

If obama said he would drop all current restrictions on exploration, production and transportation of oil, the price would drop over night....the economy would skyrocket.

America's energy policies assuredly affect the price of oil on the market.

Bullshit.

Oil companies already sit on 68 million acres of unexpolited-but-leased land. Even if they had the equipment available to do it (which they don't) and even if they were interested in flooding the market with new product (which they aren't), and even if there were refineries to process it (which there aren't), it still goes to that same international market.

The day it gets there, OPEC says, "ah, the Dutch (Shell) /British (BP) /American oil companies are bringing in ten skillion new barrels. Cut our production by ten skillion barrels. What's for lunch?"

End result: net zero.

"We" don't make oil. Oil companies make oil. They're not at all interested in what you're paying at the pump. They're interested in what their profit margin is. Period.

Politics affect the price of oil just as natural events do.
Every time a breeze blows in the gulf of mexico during hurricane season, gas prices rise..When a hurricane DOES come through the gulf and damages production platforms, the price of oil rises and stays up...

....every time the gvmt announces new "regulations" or "laws" passed that inhibit exploration and production, oil prices rise.

America could be 100% energy independent....except the gvmt doesn't want that.

I think Republicans are the ones that do not wish us to be free of Arab oil -- they sabotage anything that doesn't come from the oil companies.

Don't believe me??? See the Chevy Volt.

You ridiculed my post about drilling off the coast of Florida as 'old news' and I proved you were 6 years behind the curve. Now you have a new excuse. My initial point was Obama reversing Bush's EO to drill of the coast of Florida as well as a number of other offshore locations where oil is thought to be. It is apparent that you have an agenda and I am no longer interested in reading you BS.

Sorry, dude: Pogo won that argument, whether or not you choose to admit it.

I think Republicans are the ones that do not wish us to be free of Arab oil -- they sabotage anything that doesn't come from the oil companies.

Don't believe me??? See the Chevy Volt.

We aren't talking about chevy volts or "green" energy or any of that other BS...
See, unfortunately, the entire world still runs on oil and coal.

Purposely creating disproportionately punitive "regulations" on those industries hurts americans because the rest of the world doesn't and won't ever adapt our "environmental" laws to themselves. It would be stupid. THEY know it.

We could be energy independent in this country...but the left doesn't want that.

Forum List

Back