Gasoline Below $3.00 A Gallon; Thank You Mr. President

Hmmm...we get out of pointless and win-less wars in the middle east and the price of petroleum falls. Who knew?

Have you been out of the country for the last few weeks, Candy? Someplace where they have no news of any kind? I hate to break this to you but we are SO not out of war in the Middle East! Because of some REALLY bad choices by this President...we're now going to have to defeat a terrorist "State" armed with heavy weaponry and financed with billions of dollars!

What this country needs, and it should have started in earnest 40 yrs ago, to get off the teat of corporate oil

Hmmm...we get out of pointless and win-less wars in the middle east and the price of petroleum falls. Who knew?

Have you been out of the country for the last few weeks, Candy? Someplace where they have no news of any kind? I hate to break this to you but we are SO not out of war in the Middle East! Because of some REALLY bad choices by this President...we're now going to have to defeat a terrorist "State" armed with heavy weaponry and financed with billions of dollars!

Compared to the previous 10 years of defeat and debacle...we're out. Where have you been for the last 10 years?

The President doesn't have a say on gas prices, need to talk to OPEC.

Is sounds like your objections are with Candy's lying ass thread title, correct? Let's start with that and then we can move from there.

Well the President doesn't dictate gas prices, so saying he is reponsible for lowering them is a falsehood.

He doesn't dictate gas prices. It's just that when the prices are high, he gets blamed for it (as with everything else). When they drop, those on the right change the subject. Those responding are now having to acknowledge that the price is below $3 in some places although they're not exactly aware they are doing it.

Compared to the previous 10 years of defeat and debacle...we're out. Where have you been for the last 10 years?

Ah, Candy? ISIS controls dozens of cities in Iraq...has captured lots of spiffy new military equipment from the Iraq Army...and has been raking in millions per day in money from the oil wells they've taken over. Compared to what's been happening since January in Iraq...the previous 10 years were a roaring success!

Is sounds like your objections are with Candy's lying ass thread title, correct? Let's start with that and then we can move from there.

Well the President doesn't dictate gas prices, so saying he is reponsible for lowering them is a falsehood.

He doesn't dictate gas prices. It's just that when the prices are high, he gets blamed for it (as with everything else). When they drop, those on the right change the subject. Those responding are now having to acknowledge that the price is below $3 in some places although they're not exactly aware they are doing it.
Good to see you support the result of the drilling and fracking you opposed when GWB wanted to do it.

Compared to the previous 10 years of defeat and debacle....
Chortle...

I'm frankly amazed that anyone from the Left wants to throw the term "debacle" around so cavalierly considering how badly Barack Obama's foreign policy has been blowing up in his face lately.

Ah, Candy? ISIS controls dozens of cities in Iraq...has captured lots of spiffy new military equipment from the Iraq Army...and has been raking in millions per day in money from the oil wells they've taken over. Compared to what's been happening since January in Iraq...the previous 10 years were a roaring success!

I guess the 4,000 dead americans were a success to install some Islamic theocrat who hates us? There are 22 suicides a day by Veterans...still want to call it a success? We spent what, 500 Billion over there for nothing? Was that a success?

Just for the record, how many Americans would have had to die before you acknowledge the failure.

Thank you for your honesty, High Gravity. It looks like you're someone I can have an honest debate with. That means in the future I'll take the time to actually have an intellectual discussion with someone like you.... when I have time that is. :)

To be really picky, a president's policies can affect prices, but not all by themselves. It can be one of many variables. Movements of our strategic reserves can have a pretty quick impact on prices. It's a long discussion I'd rather have later, but at a very broad brush level, you're basically correct that a president doesn't dictate prices.

We can have a longer discussion about it at another time. Having spent time negotiating with Iraqis today I'm spending most of my time on the issue of Panetta's new book about Iraq.

But appreciate your frankness.

NO FRACKING!

Good to see you support the result of the drilling and fracking you opposed when GWB wanted to do it.

I guess the 4,000 dead americans were a success to install some Islamic theocrat who hates us? There are 22 suicides a day by Veterans...still want to call it a success? We spent what, 500 Billion over there for nothing? Was that a success?

Just for the record, how many Americans would have had to die before you acknowledge the failure.

Is that supposed to convince everyone Obama didn't start air strikes in the Middle East?????????

I think you're on the wrong thread now....

We're talking about you giving credit to O for dropping gas prices.

Compared to the "debacle" that has taken place in Iraq since January, Candy...YES! We spent all that money and all those lives in an attempt to build something in Iraq...which Barry then turned and walked away from, looking the other way while ISIS raped and murdered it's way across Iraq! A better question for you now is how many Americans will now have to die to restore order to Iraq?

Thank you for your honesty, High Gravity. It looks like you're someone I can have an honest debate with. That means in the future I'll take the time to actually have an intellectual discussion with someone like you.... when I have time that is. :)

To be really picky, a president's policies can affect prices, but not all by themselves. It can be one of many variables. Movements of our strategic reserves can have a pretty quick impact on prices. It's a long discussion I'd rather have later, but at a very broad brush level, you're basically correct that a president doesn't dictate prices.

We can have a longer discussion about it at another time. Having spent time negotiating with Iraqis today I'm spending most of my time on the issue of Panetta's new book about Iraq.

But appreciate your frankness.

No problem thank you!

Forum List

Back