Gasoline Below $3.00 A Gallon; Thank You Mr. President

60% in Republican Texas town that is the birthplace of fracking & has been supported by fracking just voted to ban it.

Bush signed EO12777 banning drilling. Horizontal fracking setback borders were enforced under Republicans, not under Obama.

Republicans president Nixion enacted price controls, EPA & killed US oil production in the 1970's. Us oil production has declined under every Republican president since.

Why do you blatantly lie like this?

Is Denton a "Republican Town" or is it home to two left-wing Universities?

You are clueless. Domestic production starts to get unprofitable under 80 bucks a barrel.
Unprofitable? Or just either too big operation-wise, or too much executive pay?

Oil companies were profitable even when gas was under $20 a barrel. But top execs weren't making tens of millions per year, either.
Yeah!!!! fire all the executives and redistribute that to the poor!! yeah take back America we don't need no corporations, take it all!!!

Like most right wing teabaggers, you can't understand that everything isn't black or white. Reasonable profit is reasonable. Gouging is not. Ask your teacher to explain.

So-called goughing only occurs when people are silly enough to pay for something they feel is overpriced.

Don't like gas prices...ride a bike or take the bus.

Oil companies only make that money because we are willing to pay the prices they want...which...as economics will tell you....is the prices that will clear all the product they have to sell.

Simple.

Gasoline and oil are actually as commodity as it gets.

You know not driving is only an option in urban areas. In a vast majority of the country, that just isn't possible.

It does not change the fact that if you are paying for something you agreed to be gouged.

If you chose to live in the country....you are exposed to the issues of price swings.

Nobody puts a gun to your head and makes you pump gas.

60% in Republican Texas town that is the birthplace of fracking & has been supported by fracking just voted to ban it.

Bush signed EO12777 banning drilling. Horizontal fracking setback borders were enforced under Republicans, not under Obama.

Republicans president Nixion enacted price controls, EPA & killed US oil production in the 1970's. Us oil production has declined under every Republican president since.

Why do you blatantly lie like this?

Is Denton a "Republican Town" or is it home to two left-wing Universities?

You are a dumb-ass liar. 72.26% of Straight Party voters in Denton, TX voted straight Republican!

Fact: Republicans always cause inflation & drive up gas prices!

Try to wrap your mind around this Catch - 22 for the American consumer.
The low prices could deter investment in production, which will eventually hurt supply, the agency's chief economist Fatih Birol said.
Deutsche Bank said recently that 40% of U.S. shale oil production scheduled for 2015 would be "uneconomic" if prices drop below $80 a barrel.
And....."The world is relying on a small number of producers, it warned, pointing to the uncertainty caused by the turmoil in the Middle East and the crisis in Ukraine."
If this doesn't say we need to get off the teat of the oil industry.

Gas at 3 a gallon can t last - Nov. 12 2014

I always crack up at the "Thank you Obama for the ....." threads.

Our gas up here in Canada has dropped in price as well. Am I supposed to thank the President too?

Unprofitable? Or just either too big operation-wise, or too much executive pay?

Oil companies were profitable even when gas was under $20 a barrel. But top execs weren't making tens of millions per year, either.
Yeah!!!! fire all the executives and redistribute that to the poor!! yeah take back America we don't need no corporations, take it all!!!

Like most right wing teabaggers, you can't understand that everything isn't black or white. Reasonable profit is reasonable. Gouging is not. Ask your teacher to explain.

So-called goughing only occurs when people are silly enough to pay for something they feel is overpriced.

Oil companies only make that money because we are willing to pay the prices they want...which...as economics will tell you....is the prices that will clear all the product they have to sell.

Simple.

You know not driving is only an option in urban areas. In a vast majority of the country, that just isn't possible.

It does not change the fact that if you are paying for something you agreed to be gouged.

If you chose to live in the country....you are exposed to the issues of price swings.

You really don't get it do you? If you are in the small minority who have bus service or can walk everywhere you need to go, you have that choice. The vast majority of the country doesn't. Transportation isn't just an option.

Simple.

You really don't get it do you? If you are in the small minority who have bus service or can walk everywhere you need to go, you have that choice. The vast majority of the country doesn't. Transportation isn't just an option.
ROFL who's making you live out in the boondocks?

It is your kind that talk out of both sides of your mouth. If prices go up with oil, its the Presidents fault. But this has some contrary thought from you.

I always crack up at the "Thank you Obama for the ....." threads.

Our gas up here in Canada has dropped in price as well. Am I supposed to thank the President too?

Do you think everyone should live in high-density housing, such as apartments, in major cities?
Are you retarded? This ass hole said he demands cheap gas cause he lives out in the boondocks and he wants to be able to drive back and forth cheaply for his discounted obamacare. IOW he wants government mandated fuel prices shored up by taxes the same way he's getting discounted health care funded out of my back pocket.

Are you retarded? This ass hole said he demands cheap gas cause he lives out in the boondocks and he wants to be able to drive back and forth cheaply for his discounted obamacare. IOW he wants government mandated fuel prices shored up by taxes the same way he's getting discounted health care funded out of my back pocket.

My question wasn't to him, my question was to you.

Do you think everyone should live in high-density housing, such as apartments, in major cities?

Simple.

Spoken like a true idiot.

My question wasn't to him, my question was to you.

I think everyone should live where they want to live, which includes them paying for it.

What I wish people could understand is that neither we nor our leaders can control the price of gas at retail pre tax.

I have the same problem up here as you do. Our version of state gas taxes are what we call provincial taxes and are as outrageous as some of your states.

That you can and must go after your politicians on. Trust me. I'm working on overthrowing a NDP majority up here in Manitoba hopefully by next year.

NDP are about as left wing as you can get and they are addicted to every tax or levy known to mankind.

You have to beat the shit out of your legislators to reduce the taxes on your gas at the pump.

Last edited:
Try to wrap your mind around this Catch - 22 for the American consumer.
The low prices could deter investment in production, which will eventually hurt supply, the agency's chief economist Fatih Birol said.
Deutsche Bank said recently that 40% of U.S. shale oil production scheduled for 2015 would be "uneconomic" if prices drop below $80 a barrel.
And....."The world is relying on a small number of producers, it warned, pointing to the uncertainty caused by the turmoil in the Middle East and the crisis in Ukraine."
If this doesn't say we need to get off the teat of the oil industry.
Gas at 3 a gallon can t last - Nov. 12 2014
So much for the GOP slogan, "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less."
The Republicans knew it was a lie when they coined it. I was just a Right-wing electioneering lie.

Forum List

Back