Gasoline Below $3.00 A Gallon; Thank You Mr. President

You shouldn't thank Obama...thank Saudi Arabia! THEY dissolved the Oil Cartel.
No they didn't. OPEC is alive and well.
Gas prices could drop toward $1 a gallon

Gasoline prices are driven mostly by four factors: oil prices, proximity to refineries, refinery capacity and state taxes and levies. Oil prices have dropped below $33 a barrel and continue to collapse. The recent decision bySaudi Arabia to continue to keep its oil exports high essentially has dissolved the OPEC cartel. The decision also has forced the kingdom to chop its 2016 budget. This ongoing supply glut guarantees oversupply of crude. At the same time, slowing national economies in the largest countries, including China, will lower demand. China now tops the list of oil importers, according to the Financial Times, having moved ahead of the United States.

Essentially dissolved is not the same as actually dissolved. They still exist, but have no combined power to affect prices right now. And for that, thank you, President Obama (praise be unto Him!)
Actually all they have to do is cut supply. Which they have done many times in the past.

Lower gas prices are due to a glut in supply and low demand. Period. I don't know if anyone has noticed but the rest of the world is virtually in recession.

Gasoline prices are driven mostly by four factors: oil prices, proximity to refineries, refinery capacity and state taxes and levies. Oil prices have dropped below $33 a barrel and continue to collapse. The recent decision bySaudi Arabia to continue to keep its oil exports high essentially has dissolved the OPEC cartel. The decision also has forced the kingdom to chop its 2016 budget. This ongoing supply glut guarantees oversupply of crude. At the same time, slowing national economies in the largest countries, including China, will lower demand. China now tops the list of oil importers, according to the Financial Times, having moved ahead of the United States.

Essentially dissolved is not the same as actually dissolved. They still exist, but have no combined power to affect prices right now. And for that, thank you, President Obama (praise be unto Him!)

You've shown zero proof that Barack Obama has done anything to lower gas prices, Synth. Right now you're just a babbling sycophant repeating a narrative that's laughably untrue.
While a president doesn't have much impact on the price of gas, Obama has had an impact on lowering prices. Imposing higher fuel efficiency on automobiles has reduced the rate of consumption and the deal with Iran has increased the level of oil on the market, which contributes to lowering prices.

Please, Faun...you embarrass yourself when you come here with that kind of nonsense! People not working and not being able to afford to put gas into their vehicles has had as big an impact on the rate of consumption as any Obama regulation on fuel efficiency!
Why is US Oil Consumption Lower? Better Gasoline Mileage?
Consumers Are Buying Bigger, More Expensive Vehicles
And the people who CAN afford to buy vehicles are buying larger "luxury" models, SUV's and trucks at a much higher rate then the so called "green" cars that Obama would like to see us driving.
I don't even know what you're talking about when you say a deal with Iran has brought down the price of oil...it's the ability of US producers to tap shale oil deposits in large quantities that prompted the Saudis to slash their prices...the Iranians had to follow suit. It's simple supply and demand at work. What did Barry have to do with ANY of that?
My G-d, you're an idiot. :cuckoo: If unemployed peoples' ability to pay for gas affected the price, gas prices would have been lower in 2010 when the unemployment rate was almost 10%. Instead, gas prices more than doubled, demonstrating how retarded you are. Secondly, even SUV's are subject to higher efficiency standards, so regardless what type of automobile people are driving, better gas milage reduces fuel consumption.

You've shown zero proof that Barack Obama has done anything to lower gas prices, Synth. Right now you're just a babbling sycophant repeating a narrative that's laughably untrue.
While a president doesn't have much impact on the price of gas, Obama has had an impact on lowering prices. Imposing higher fuel efficiency on automobiles has reduced the rate of consumption and the deal with Iran has increased the level of oil on the market, which contributes to lowering prices.

Please, Faun...you embarrass yourself when you come here with that kind of nonsense! People not working and not being able to afford to put gas into their vehicles has had as big an impact on the rate of consumption as any Obama regulation on fuel efficiency!
And the people who CAN afford to buy vehicles are buying larger "luxury" models, SUV's and trucks at a much higher rate then the so called "green" cars that Obama would like to see us driving.
I don't even know what you're talking about when you say a deal with Iran has brought down the price of oil...it's the ability of US producers to tap shale oil deposits in large quantities that prompted the Saudis to slash their prices...the Iranians had to follow suit. It's simple supply and demand at work. What did Barry have to do with ANY of that?
My G-d, you're an idiot. :cuckoo: If unemployed peoples' ability to pay for gas affected the price, gas prices would have been lower in 2010 when the unemployment rate was almost 10%. Instead, gas prices more than doubled, demonstrating how retarded you are. Secondly, even SUV's are subject to higher efficiency standards, so regardless what type of automobile people are driving, better gas milage reduces fuel consumption.

My point was that the price of oil back in 2010 was being driven by the Saudis not by higher efficiency standards. The price of oil in 2015 was being driven once again by the Saudis only now it was in reaction to a glut of oil brought about by fracking technology in North America. What exactly did Barack Obama have to do with that glut taking place? Production of oil and natural gas on lands controlled by the Federal Government decreased under the Obama Administration! Obviously it wasn't Obama that pressured the Saudis to slash their price for oil...that took place because of huge increases in production on land that was controlled by States and privately owned land. As the article I cited pointed out...Americans that are buying vehicles are not buying "green" high mileage ones...they are in fact buying larger luxury cars, high performance cars, SUV's and big trucks.

My point was that the price of oil back in 2010 was being driven by the Saudis not by higher efficiency standards. The price of oil in 2015 was being driven once again by the Saudis only now it was in reaction to a glut of oil brought about by fracking technology in North America. What exactly did Barack Obama have to do with that glut taking place? Production of oil and natural gas on lands controlled by the Federal Government decreased under the Obama Administration! Obviously it wasn't Obama that pressured the Saudis to slash their price for oil...that took place because of huge increases in production on land that was controlled by States and privately owned land. As the article I cited pointed out...Americans that are buying vehicles are not buying "green" high mileage ones...they are in fact buying larger luxury cars, high performance cars, SUV's and big trucks.
You're delirious. I never said Obama was responsible for the price of gas. In fact, I even started by pointing out a U.S. president has little impact on the price. I also pointed out higher efficiency standards have lowered consumption and the increase of Iranian oil has increased production; both of which contribute to lowering prices. Hell, even you admitted it comes down to supply and demand. Yet here you are, arguing against yourself by trying to formulate a position where increasing supply and reducing demand doesn't impact the price. :cuckoo:

You're delirious. I never said Obama was responsible for the price of gas. In fact, I even started by pointing out a U.S. president has little impact on the price. I also pointed out higher efficiency standards have lowered consumption and the increase of Iranian oil has increased production; both of which contribute to lowering prices. Hell, even you admitted it comes down to supply and demand. Yet here you are, arguing against yourself by trying to formulate a position where increasing supply and reducing demand doesn't impact the price. :cuckoo:

You might want to tell that to the progressives like Synthaholic who IS claiming that Obama is responsible for the low price of gas!

On a percentage basis...how much of the lower prices that we're now enjoying do you think is the result of improved fuel economy and Iran being able to sell it's oil on the world markets again? Then tell me what you think the percentage is that is the result of Saudi Arabia slashing it's prices? Once again...I think you're vastly overstating the effects of new efficiency standards and Iran having sanctions lifted. Why? Because, as that article I cited stated, Americans aren't going for the vehicles that get great gas mileage...they are going for large luxury cars, performance cars, SUV's and trucks. Cars like the SmartCar and the Prius saw their sales go way down! As for Iran? Let's not delude ourselves...Iran WAS selling oil on the world market...they were doing so on the black market and they were giving whoever bought it a deep discount for helping them out. Now that they are able to sell to anyone they no longer need to give that price cut to move their oil. So why have they lowered their price? Because the Saudis did and if Iran didn't...then they wouldn't sell the oil that they produce.

So, just what did Obummer do that the Cartel has no power? BTW, "has no combined power" is "essentially dissolved."
OK - how about this: show me a link to a news story about the official dissolution of OPEC.

Of course he did. He has approved more energy drilling and exploration than ever in history of the U.S.

You might want to tell that to the progressives like Synthaholic who IS claiming that Obama is responsible for the low price of gas!

On a percentage basis...how much of the lower prices that we're now enjoying do you think is the result of improved fuel economy and Iran being able to sell it's oil on the world markets again? Then tell me what you think the percentage is that is the result of Saudi Arabia slashing it's prices? Once again...I think you're vastly overstating the effects of new efficiency standards and Iran having sanctions lifted. Why? Because, as that article I cited stated, Americans aren't going for the vehicles that get great gas mileage...they are going for large luxury cars, performance cars, SUV's and trucks. Cars like the SmartCar and the Prius saw their sales go way down! As for Iran? Let's not delude ourselves...Iran WAS selling oil on the world market...they were doing so on the black market and they were giving whoever bought it a deep discount for helping them out. Now that they are able to sell to anyone they no longer need to give that price cut to move their oil. So why have they lowered their price? Because the Saudis did and if Iran didn't...then they wouldn't sell the oil that they produce.
I have overstated nothing. I am merely pointing out some of the president's policies which have contributed to the declining price; to counter your idiocy that nothing Obama has done has helped lower the price of gas.

As far as your failed deflection about Smartcars and Prius's, again.... fuel efficiency standards were raised on all non-commercial automobiles. Not just Smartcars and Prius's. As far as your failed deflection about Iran ... more crude from Iran is available on the market today than before the deal.

And as far as other posters crediting Obama entirely for the decrease -- they're fucking with you. They know it; I know it; you're just too fucking rightarded to know it. They're just giving back rightards a taste of their own medicine for blaming Obama for the increase in gas prices during his first couple of years.

Of course he did. He has approved more energy drilling and exploration than ever in history of the U.S.

LOL...do you try and look ignorant, Synth? Barack Obama has approved more drilling for fossil fuels than ever in the history of the United States? Really? That's laughably false...

I have overstated nothing. I am merely pointing out some of the president's policies which have contributed to the declining price; to counter your idiocy that nothing Obama has done has helped lower the price of gas.

As far as your failed deflection about Smartcars and Prius's, again.... fuel efficiency standards were raised on all non-commercial automobiles. Not just Smartcars and Prius's. As far as your failed deflection about Iran ... more crude from Iran is available on the market today than before the deal.

And as far as other posters crediting Obama entirely for the decrease -- they're fucking with you. They know it; I know it; you're just too fucking rightarded to know it. They're just giving back rightards a taste of their own medicine for blaming Obama for the increase in gas prices during his first couple of years.
So you admit that those posters are lying? Thank you for your honesty, Faun...

No, I wouldn't say that. I stick with my initial assessment -- They're fucking with you.

So, just what did Obummer do that the Cartel has no power? BTW, "has no combined power" is "essentially dissolved."
OK - how about this: show me a link to a news story about the official dissolution of OPEC.
I did. USA Today.

LOL...do you try and look ignorant, Synth? Barack Obama has approved more drilling for fossil fuels than ever in the history of the United States? Really? That's laughably false...
Link.
And the answer is, no he hasn't.

Barack Obama has approved more drilling for fossil fuels than ever in the history of the United States? Really? That's laughably false...
Except it was Obama who approved drilling off the East Coast from Virginia to Georgia and he also approved drilling in Alaska. Oil production on Federal land is up with the exception of the very expensive deepwater production due to the oil companies moving to the cheaper onshore production away from the more expensive deepwater production with the drop in oil prices. Onshore oil production on federal land has increased every year over the production under Bush.

No, I wouldn't say that. I stick with my initial assessment -- They're fucking with you.

What someone like Synth is doing is fucking with the truth. He's flat out misrepresenting what Obama has done. Look...anyone that says Barack Obama ever pushed drilling for fossil fuels is either really clueless or a total shill for the President! Obama pushed alternative energies. He sees them as the future and is willing to sacrifice economic growth in order to make them happen.

What someone like Synth is doing is fucking with the truth. He's flat out misrepresenting what Obama has done. Look...anyone that says Barack Obama ever pushed drilling for fossil fuels is either really clueless or a total shill for the President! Obama pushed alternative energies. He sees them as the future and is willing to sacrifice economic growth in order to make them happen.
No, he's not.

It's not his fault you're too thick to recognize parody. Your idiocy is like calling SNL "liars" because they used parody to portray Sarah Palin as saying she could see Russia from her house.

It's called parody and it's used to make fun of people for comedic effect. People crediting Obama 100% for the drop in gas prices are employing parody to make fun of rightards who blamed Obama for the increase in gas prices early on in his presidency.

Now you look like an even bigger schmuck than you did before because you've proven you're too fucking stupid to recognize it.
thumbsup.gif

No, he's not.

It's not his fault you're too thick to recognize parody. Your idiocy is like calling SNL "liars" because they used parody to portray Sarah Palin as saying she could see Russia from her house.

It's called parody and it's used to make fun of people for comedic effect. People crediting Obama 100% for the drop in gas prices are employing parody to make fun of rightards who blamed Obama for the increase in gas prices early on in his presidency.

Now you look like an even bigger schmuck than you did before because you've proven you're too fucking stupid to recognize it.
thumbsup.gif
So you're claiming that Synth is being sarcastic when he claims that Obama is responsible for lower gas prices? Sorry, Faun but I'm not buying that. The liberal Kool Aid drinkers on this board think Barry makes the sun rise in the East each and every morning!

Barack Obama has approved more drilling for fossil fuels than ever in the history of the United States? Really? That's laughably false...
Except it was Obama who approved drilling off the East Coast from Virginia to Georgia and he also approved drilling in Alaska. Oil production on Federal land is up with the exception of the very expensive deepwater production due to the oil companies moving to the cheaper onshore production away from the more expensive deepwater production with the drop in oil prices. Onshore oil production on federal land has increased every year over the production under Bush.
incorrect.
What Obama's Drilling Bans Mean for Alaska and the Arctic

What Obama's Drilling Bans Mean for Alaska and the Arctic

and
Obama Administration: No Offshore Drilling In Eastern Gulf Of Mexico Or East Coast For Seven Years Because Of BP Oil Spill

White House: No New Oil Drilling In Eastern Gulf Or Along East Coast For Next 7 Years

So you are either a liar or an idiot. So which one are you?

Forum List

Back