Gay marriage legal in Massachussetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by OCA
Meaning that opposition to homosexuality is not based upon fear or misunderstanding, quite the contrary. The opposition is quite aware, probably more aware than homosexuals of the dangerous lifestyle choice they've made. Homophobic as used in this context is meant to denote an irrational fear of homosexuality. Its false and quite honestly intellectually dishonest.

Yes, it's a noble position based on bigotry and hate. Heteros are destroying society as well with their shit morality. It's not a gay issue.

Originally posted by OCA
Meaning that opposition to homosexuality is not based upon fear or misunderstanding, quite the contrary. The opposition is quite aware, probably more aware than homosexuals of the dangerous lifestyle choice they've made. Homophobic as used in this context is meant to denote an irrational fear of homosexuality. Its false and quite honestly intellectually dishonest.

how convenient of you to just completely avoid the 'aversion' part of that definition. but I certainly wouldn't want to hold you to any honesty at all, would I.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
did they know any better in the 1800's? 1700's? how about 1400's? how far back do you consider ancient and how long before 'they knew better like we do now'?

Well I would describe ancient has being B.C. up until, well when the bible was first widely read and distributed. I'm pretty sure that in the 1400, 1700 and 1800's they knew that sticking their wick in a guys ass was wrong just like we know now.

Let me head off the ones who will say something about the bible, guess where most of the laws of this country have their origin? Thats right the bible.

Originally posted by OCA
Well I would describe ancient has being B.C. up until, well when the bible was first widely read and distributed. I'm pretty sure that in the 1400, 1700 and 1800's they knew that sticking their wick in a guys ass was wrong just like we know now.

Let me head off the ones who will say something about the bible, guess where most of the laws of this country have their origin? Thats right the bible.

so welfare came from the bible? why do most conservatives want to get rid of it then?

how convenient of you to just completely avoid the 'aversion' part of that definition. but I certainly wouldn't want to hold you to any honesty at all, would I.

Ok but the aversion is based upon reality, not fiction. The fact of the matter is, and nobody can argue this, that homosexuality is a dangerous lifestyle choice, no ifs ands or buts about it. Check the AIDS stats if you don't believe me. I think Big D, and I can't believe i'm saying this, put out a nice stat on that subject.

Hey I have an aversion to being bit by a Copperhead snake around here, am I irrational to have an aversion to them?

so welfare came from the bible? why do most conservatives want to get rid of it then?

Is that a law or a program? You're being ridiculous now, you have anything else constructive or logical to add or do you want to fall to RWA's level?

Originally posted by OCA
Ok but the aversion is based upon reality, not fiction. The fact of the matter is, and nobody can argue this, that homosexuality is a dangerous lifestyle choice, no ifs ands or buts about it. Check the AIDS stats if you don't believe me. I think Big D, and I can't believe i'm saying this, put out a nice stat on that subject.

Hey I have an aversion to being bit by a Copperhead snake around here, am I irrational to have an aversion to them?

so you're telling me that your sole aversion to homosexuality is based on how dangerous it is? If it was conducted in such a manner to be as safe as heterosexuality would you then be forced to reconsider your aversion?

Originally posted by OCA
Is that a law or a program? You're being ridiculous now, you have anything else constructive or logical to add or do you want to fall to RWA's level?

Its a program based on a law, however, if you fear to be proven wrong on how our laws are based out of the bible then by all means dismiss me as non-constructive.

Personally, I find it sad....no....actually I find it hysterically funny that liberals can be labeled on this board, but questions from liberals can be warped to be labels and then the asker can be bashed by the askee.

Thats hysterically funny.

ha.

and yes. I do realize Im defending my husband. however, I would defend any person in this situation. It just happens to be one Im married to.

Originally posted by OCA

Dude, people ASPIRE TO my level. You must have put in your brain upside down this morning. This is one of the several drawbacks to keeping your brain in a jar. I know it works well for your teeth, but you should have stopped there.

so you're telling me that your sole aversion to homosexuality is based on how dangerous it is? If it was conducted in such a manner to be as safe as heterosexuality would you then be forced to reconsider your aversion?

Well thats 1 part of it and the other part of it is, and this has been proved and pointed out in many ways by many different posters on this board that homosexuality is simply not normal behavior. Much like handicapped people are recognized and treated when discovered they have a handicap because there behavior or gait or speech is not normal, homosexuality is not normal behavior and denotes something wrong that may need some sort of treatment.

I would like 1 person on this board to prove to me that homosexuality is as normal as heterosexuality instead of this bullshit "who am I to define normal and abnormal". Can 1 person do that or am as I suspect asking the impossible?

Originally posted by OCA
Well thats 1 part of it and the other part of it is, and this has been proved and pointed out in many ways by many different posters on this board that homosexuality is simply not normal behavior. Much like handicapped people are recognized and treated when discovered they have a handicap because there behavior or gait or speech is not normal, homosexuality is not normal behavior and denotes something wrong that may need some sort of treatment.

I would like 1 person on this board to prove to me that homosexuality is as normal as heterosexuality instead of this bullshit "who am I to define normal and abnormal". Can 1 person do that or am as I suspect asking the impossible?

It is not the majority tendency or behavior; in that way it is abnormal. But you mistakenly ascribe a negative moral value to anything abnormal. That is your error.

welllll - my daughter has a mental disability (slight, but there nonetheless) and she isnt abnormal (according to the state statutes). She doesnt SEEM abnormal to me or to others.

Not a good example, but we all know that I tend to be oversensitive.

Its a program based on a law, however, if you fear to be proven wrong on how our laws are based out of the bible then by all means dismiss me as non-constructive.

First of all I said most not all, please don't put words in my mouth.

Where did we get laws against murder?
Where did we get laws against stealing?
Where did we get laws against lying under oath?

I defy you to prove that the ROOT!!!!!! of most of our laws do not have some sort of origin in the bible.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Dude, people ASPIRE TO my level. You must have put in your brain upside down this morning. This is one of the several drawbacks to keeping your brain in a jar. I know it works well for your teeth, but you should have stopped there.

This is a discussion between two mature adults, when I want you i'll move down to the humor section.

Originally posted by OCA
This is a discussion between two mature adults, when I want you i'll move down to the humor section.

Bleee bloe blum. Get over yourself, goatheaded boy.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
welllll - my daughter has a mental disability (slight, but there nonetheless) and she isnt abnormal (according to the state statutes). She doesnt SEEM abnormal to me or to others.

Not a good example, but we all know that I tend to be oversensitive.

Well I couldn't figure out a way to put in there that although a handicap is in a way an abnormality I don't equate a mental disability on that level with the vile and disgusting abnormality that homosexuals display. Sorry I didn't mean it to come off that way. In my book one of the lowest things you can do is make fun of a handicapped person. Maybe I should stop making fun of homosexuals and show them some sympathy, he?

not sympathy......just not judgement that really isnt yours or mine to make. That judgement, should there be any, should and will come from a source higher than you or I. Dont you think? or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back