Gay marriage

dilloduck said:
your thinking is that a homosexuality is a fetish?

I would consider it more a fetish than a mental illness, yes. Often people are turned on by strange things, this particular fetish isn't even the most popular nor the most damaging.

no1tovote4 said:
I would consider it more a fetish than a mental illness, yes. Often people are turned on by strange things, this particular fetish isn't even the most popular nor the most damaging.

are fetishes innate or learned or both?

no1tovote4 said:
I believe that they are both. Psychologists almost in every case have no understanding of where a particular fetish comes from.

I just see no point in demonizing homosexuality---it is incredibly counter productive in dealing with ANY form of behavior--I don't agree that they need any special rights protecting them nor do I believe they deserve the denegration they recieve. If the they wanna be spirituality united, they can do it in thier own "churches" and call it something else so the heteros aren't all offended by it.

dilloduck said:
I just see no point in demonizing homosexuality---it is incredibly counter productive in dealing with ANY form of behavior--I don't agree that they need any special rights protecting them nor do I believe they deserve the denegration they recieve. If the they wanna be spirituality united, they can do it in thier own "churches" and call it something else so the heteros aren't all offended by it.

I am not demonizing homosexuality. In fact, it is normal to have a fetish. It is more likely that you will have some certain thing that turns you on more than any other thing than it is you will be solely turned on simply by the opposite sex. That their fetish stretches to the same sex doesn't seem any different than say a fetish for popping balloons (yes it really exists).

I personally think that the government shouldn't be in the business of deciding on the definition of marriage or even providing marriages. All unions outside of churches should be a contractual relationship and called something other than marriage.

no1tovote4 said:
I am not demonizing homosexuality. In fact, it is normal to have a fetish. It is more likely that you will have some certain thing that turns you on more than any other thing than it is you will be solely turned on simply by the opposite sex. That their fetish stretches to the same sex doesn't seem any different than say a fetish for popping balloons (yes it really exists).

I personally think that the government shouldn't be in the business of deciding on the definition of marriage or even providing marriages. All unions outside of churches should be a contractual relationship and called something other than marriage.

Would you personally have issue with 3 or 4 people deciding to get married? brothers or sisters?

-=d=- said:
Would you personally have issue with 3 or 4 people deciding to get married? brothers or sisters?

The thing of it is, if they wanted, they can get together regardless of what I have an issue with. It is not illegal for brothers or sisters to live together, nor is it for 3 or 4 people to live together or even to raise children together. The only issue is inheritance law and taxes all of which can be and are dealt with contractually. So long as all involved are consenting adults I cannot see where there is a need to intervene.

-=d=- said:
My wife is surely doing HER part to create one. :( (sigh).... :(

As mad as I was at you, you still don't deserve this treatment. You know, a lot of chicks withhold sex to shape a guy's behavior. Have you been leaving the seat up or something?

-=d=- said:
My wife is surely doing HER part to create one. :( (sigh).... :(

:wtf:

rtwngAvngr said:
You know, a lot of chicks withhold sex to shape a guy's behavior. Have you been leaving the seat up or something?

What's the point! She is only punishing herself as well!

gop_jeff said:
The real question is: Why do people have homosexual relations?

most people think that gay people choose to be gay, and can therefore just change their sexuality in a snap if they really wanted to. well, thats not true. It just kinda happens, (i kknow this because my freinds dad is gay) and they can't really control it.

Stitchman said:
most people think that gay people choose to be gay, and can therefore just change their sexuality in a snap if they really wanted to. well, thats not true. It just kinda happens, (i kknow this because my freinds dad is gay) and they can't really control it.

If your friend's dad is currently "gay," yet he's a dad, he must not have always been "gay." Seems like a choice to me.

gop_jeff said:
If your friend's dad is currently "gay," yet he's a dad, he must not have always been "gay." Seems like a choice to me.
People are not OPENLY gay there whole lives because they are mistreated, unaccepted ect...

gop_jeff said:

first, dont just make asumptions. Second, my friends dad was straight when he had a kid, but turned gay later.

Forum List

Back