Gay Relationships and What God Reveals About Them!

Since this thread is supposed to be about what the Bile says, and you are resorting to quoting experts on everything but the Bible, I suggest that you need to rethink your position that you know what the Bible says.
The problem is not with what the Bible says. I don't have a problem with that. My problem stems from when people start taking Scripture out of context and molding it to fit what they want it to say such as to be able to discriminate against Gay and Lesbian people. They claim the Bible says it's alright and that this and that passage supports discrimination and prejudice but it does not. It actually speaks to other things and not what they want it to be saying. End of story.

Yet you cannot provide the CV of the expert you claimed is knowledgeable and unbiased. Want to explain how the fact that your only source is a blog proves you have a point? Or explain where I took anything out of context?

By the way, great job at showing you undestand the Bible. Like I said before, you really aren't qualiffied to discuss it, despite your claim to a wonderful spiritual journey. I have a pretty compelling testimony myself, that doesn't make me an expert on the Bible. What makes me an expert is the years I spent studying and reading it, and the fact that I actually went to college to study Christian theology.

For the record, the Bible does not support discrimination. If you had actually started a thread making that claim I wouldn't have needed to step in and correct you. Unfortunately, that is not what you did, you started a thread saying that the Bible doesn't say what it does.

Last edited:
Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them." King James Version

He did not specifally mention homosexuality but he did mention marriage and never mentioned it as being anything other than a union between man and woman. Matthew 19: 4-6 "4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

Also, Jesus did and said a lot more than what is in the gospel. He didn't specifically speak out against rape either but do you think that means he condones it? No, it more likely means he didn't see need to repeat his father. This logic isn't mine it comes from the John 21:25 "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

I'm tired of this flowery message crap that Christianity is trying to pull. It's not the Bible, it's just a sad attempt to find ways to continue to carry an uncivilized faith into a civilized age. Just. Stop.

gag worthy

and remember, they want all of you to STAY OF THEIR LIVES

but they don't have to follow their own demands

I humbly disagree. If they wanted us to stay out of their lives, they wouldn't be demanding we legally recognize their relationship. They would simply not care how we view them.

You know, I know people are going to do what they please regardless of what the scriptures say. And gay marriage movement may succeed in forcing the government to pretend same sex relationships are marriage. I understand that too.

But the attempts to pretend the scriptures say something different than they do is too far. The scriptures clearly condemn homosexual behavior and sexual immorality of all kind. If you don't want to accept and live the scriptures, that's your choice, but don't pretend the scriptures say something different than they actually do. it's an insult to the intelligence of everyone who actually reads them.

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death: their blood shall be upon them." King James Version

He did not specifally mention homosexuality but he did mention marriage and never mentioned it as being anything other than a union between man and woman. Matthew 19: 4-6 "4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

Also, Jesus did and said a lot more than what is in the gospel. He didn't specifically speak out against rape either but do you think that means he condones it? No, it more likely means he didn't see need to repeat his father. This logic isn't mine it comes from the John 21:25 "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

I'm tired of this flowery message crap that Christianity is trying to pull. It's not the Bible, it's just a sad attempt to find ways to continue to carry an uncivilized faith into a civilized age. Just. Stop.

You're wrong. The Gospel is the only thing keeping this civilized world from descending into barbarism.

Forum List

Back