Gay Teacher fired

seems clear

Discrimination Law: Hiring & Firing | eHow

Workplace Discrimination Based on Religion - HG.org

Sea is right, that school had no right to have that clause in the contract, therefore they owe him money

Churches are specifically exempted from those laws. Separation of church and state?

And from a justice standpoint, why should churches be forced to hire people who contradict or even violate their religion or belong to another religion?

I object personally to any publicly politically active teacher teaching young children. That doesn't seem to be the case with this guy, he was low key. It's too bad, but it is a direct violation of the views of the catholic church. They certainly had the right to fire him legally and ethically.

To bad that we can't do this with all those far left political teachers in state schools run by unions.

\

Religious Accommodation
•An employer is required to reasonably accommodate the religious belief of an employee or prospective employee, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship.

Read the WHOLE thing...it covers hiring and firing. The part you quoted is in addition to.

I know it, but obviously you do not.

Thus since you can't quote or understand this, it shows you are posting from far left talking points and not from any type of knowledge.

Last edited:
seems clear

Discrimination Law: Hiring & Firing | eHow

Workplace Discrimination Based on Religion - HG.org

Sea is right, that school had no right to have that clause in the contract, therefore they owe him money

Churches are specifically exempted from those laws.

school isn't church even if its run by a church, with nuns as teachers.

If they take no public funds I think it operates under the same rules.

I realize that the far left will back any lair that they think supports the cause of the far left (look at Obama), so this is just another far left talking point that once again has no merit and the far left wants to argue just to argue.

Churches are specifically exempted from those laws.

No, the civil rights act applies to everyone but churches.

My view is that there should two rules only on discrimination.

1) You must have a publicly posted policy
2) You must follow your policy.

So, you don't hire blacks, left handers, vegetarians, libertarians, whatever, fine. But you must tell your customers, employees, vendors, ... And if you say you don't discriminate, you'd better not. One of the few policies government has ever created that was actually successful was the privacy policy, and that's how it works.

No, I can't. I'm prohibited by Federal law from firing someone based on their religion.

Churches, however, are exempted and can in fact fire someone for their religious views. And it is obvious why. A catholic church being forced to hire a non-catholic or someone who contradicts their views would be preposterous.

Uh huh...you like those protections as long as they're all yours, right married guy?

Tissue Dyke? :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe he believes in Jesus or something

We druids aren't all that familiar with the policies of The Prophet Jesus so you may - or may not - be correct. Care to contribute (sincerely asked) any points of view Jesus may have expressed or which his contemporaries may have asserted he expressed on the subject?

He di not have a problem with it.

We druids aren't all that familiar with the policies of The Prophet Jesus so you may - or may not - be correct. Care to contribute (sincerely asked) any points of view Jesus may have expressed or which his contemporaries may have asserted he expressed on the subject?

I can't quote the bible or anything like that because I don't know it well enough : /. But I'll take a shot at your question.

Catholics are taught to live our lives through the examples that Jesus set. The New Testament takes HUGE precedence over the Old Testament. There is no mention of the homosexuality in the New Testament. If someone is gay and they believe and trust in Jesus Christ then I have to believe that they are saved.

If they don't believe in Jesus then I have to hope that His mercy extends to them. And I have a feeling that it does.

It is a sin to lay down with someone of the same sex. It is not a sin to be gay it is a sin to practice it.

Bullshit.

It is a sin to lay down with someone of the same sex. It is not a sin to be gay it is a sin to practice it.

According to your brand of religion. Not to all religions, and not according to the State.

Last edited:
I see the far left posters shifting gears into more far left talking points since their whole "rights" argument/far left rant was just shot down.

So, you don't hire blacks, left handers, vegetarians, libertarians, whatever, fine. But you must tell your customers, employees, vendors, ... And if you say you don't discriminate, you'd better not. One of the few policies government has ever created that was actually successful was the privacy policy, and that's how it works.

It's not a big secret the Catholic Church is opposed to gay marriage and abortion and the death penalty. The Church's positions on a wide variety of issues are well established. There is no need for them to "tell their customers" anything. They don't need to post a notice or take out a full page ad in the New York Times.

Problems like this (and contraception) keep coming up because religious institutions are starting businesses and claiming the business is an extension of their place of worship.

Let's ask the real question, the one at the heart of the debate. Can being affiliated with a religious institution exempt a business from following certain laws and regulations?

I don't think it should. When they start a business they are stepping outside the area of worship and should be required to follow the same laws as every other business.
I don't think the anti-discrimination law for homosexuality has been put into place yet.

I could be wrong though.

Couldn't decide where this belongs. Since liberals think this is a political issue I will post it in politics.

Gay Catholic School Teacher Fired for Wedding Plans

The man knew the contract he worked under required him to adhere to the Church's teachings publicly.

Most Churches do not abandon gays just for being gay. And the catholic church is similar. BY going public that he was marrying a man that meant he was actively living the gay life style. The Church does oppose that.

Prior to his public acknowledgement that he was a practicing gay the school and the Church had no problem and the contract held. As soon as he went public he was in violation of Church teachings and beliefs.

I do not see how contacting a lawyer will help. Prior to his announcement he was wedding a man the church had no public record that he was a practicing gay. They could in good faith keep him under the terms of the Contract.

Any civil action would be trying to put the Government in church business. And the 1st Amendment says that can not happen.

I find this hilarious.

Does the Catholic Church fire unmarried teachers who live with their fiances before the wedding? (I can tell you from personal experience, no, they don't.) Do they fire teachers who use birth control.

But what I find absolutely hilarious is that frankly, every nun who taught me growing up was a lesbian and every last priest and Christian Brother was a gay dude. Hilarious they are still going after the gheys when most of their clergy is.

it actually would explain why they becomes nuns/priests

they're taught that gay sex is a sin and since they have no desire for hetero sex, they just go celibate

It's not a big secret the Catholic Church is opposed to gay marriage and abortion and the death penalty. The Church's positions on a wide variety of issues are well established. There is no need for them to "tell their customers" anything. They don't need to post a notice or take out a full page ad in the New York Times.

Um...OK...

Maybe he believes in Jesus or something

It is my opinion that Jesus was gay. He was in his 30s and surrounded himself with other men. He was kind to women, but did not pursue marriage or any kind of sexual relationship with them. If that isn't the definition of gay, what is???

Jesus loves me, this I know. :eusa_angel:

He traveled with a woman some called a prostitute. Why, if he was gay?

Forum List

Back