Gen. Petraeus Heckled by CUNY Idiots!

Petraeus Fell for the Wrong Reason

The fact is that Petraeus presided over the brutal occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, complete with torture, terrifying night raids, and violent sectarian cleansing. If Americans knew the truth — which the news media are uninterested in disclosing because it detracts from their narrative — they would not see heroism in David Petraeus. They would see the villainy of a man who carries out the orders of his imperial superiors and the ruthlessness with which the American empire treats whoever gets in its way. Alas, unfaithfulness in his marriage is the least of Petraeus’s offenses."

Another America-Hating dimocrap scumbag

shocking

Actually , another TYRANNY HATING Libertarian

Journalist Eric Margolis, who has vast experience covering the Middle East, notes that

Petraeus and his fellow generals used every weapon in the US arsenal against Iraq’s eleven resistance groups including the mass ethnic cleansing of two million Sunni Iraqis, death squads, torture, and brutal reprisals.…

Petraeus was then sent to work his magic in Afghanistan before returning to Washington to head CIA. There, the brainy general, who had a knack for self-promotion and public relations, tried again to crush the Pashtun resistance by massive bombardments, billions in high tech gear, reprisals that wiped out entire villages, search and destroy missions."

US generals were not responsible for killing 2 million Sunnis.

Come to think of it, while I usually don't like to shield people from consequences (namely Petraeus' marital affairs) with their own accomplishments; I dwelt on the behavior of these protestors. It is utterly disrespectful to heckle someone in that manner. I spoke with my grandmother, she said you should never ignore someone's service to his country. In that respect, I think these kids should be educated on sacrifice. I'm sure Petraeus made many of them in his own career.

I mean what do these kids have? At most 1 to 3 years of college and flawed worldview. I hope someone knocks them on their backsides the next time they try a stunt like that.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, while I usually don't like to shield people from consequences (namely Petraeus' marital affairs) with their own accomplishments; I dwelt on the behavior of these protestors. It is utterly disrespectful to heckle someone in that manner. I spoke with my grandmother, she said you should never ignore someone's service to his country. In that respect, I think these kids should be educated on sacrifice. I'm sure Petraeus made many of them in his own career.

I mean what do these kids have? At most 1 to 3 years of college and flawed worldview. I hope someone knocks them on their backsides the next time they try a stunt like that.

So I was in the Army for 11 years, can I expect an end to your douchy behavior?

1 to 3 years in college, and guess what-

They realized the Iraq War was a horrible idea.

Petreaus' great claim to fame is that he had a strategy in Iraq that allowed us to withdraw while saving face from a war that was ill-conceived and based on a lie.

Let me ask another question that may put responsibility back on the shoulders of the General somewhat.

We all know how the 'crazies' run around these north-eastern campuses and take whatever opportunity they can take to get their 15 minutes of fame. Following the general and heckling him is nothing more than the attempts of parental basement-dwelling parasites to get their name on the local 5 o'clock news spouting the lunatic rantings similar to Contumacious above. Easily dismissed as the ignorant parrotting of the moveon.org line. Deep in emotion, but void of any thought.

Another question would be that Patraeus should know his presence will be controversial at these 'institutions of higher learning.' My question is: given what HE KNEW or should have known what would happen, why go there? The City University of New York? Why not somewhere like Virginia University, Notre Dame, or even Spring Hill where they don't take a dime of federal money?

MoveOn.org ad controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The MoveOn.org ad controversy began when the US anti-war liberal advocacy group MoveOn.org published a full-page ad in The New York Times on September 10, 2007 accusing General David H. Petraeus of "cooking the books for the White House". The ad also labeled him 'General Betray Us'.[1]

"The organization created the ad in response to Petraeus' Report to Congress on the Situation in Iraq. MoveOn hosted pages on its website about the ad and their reasons behind it from 2007 to June 23, 2010.

"On June 23, 2010, after President Obama nominated General Petraeus to be the new top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan (taking over the position from retiring General Stanley McChrystal), MoveOn erased these webpages and any reference to them from its website."

Aside from moveon's blatant hypocrisy, another question worth asking is whether or not Petraeus is a war criminal?

Only those who lose wars are "War Criminals".

Winners get schools named after them.

Petreaus is going to end up somewhere in between. He'll never go to trial, but I doubt they'll be naming a school after him any time soon.

Petreaus is going to end up somewhere in between. He'll never go to trial, but I doubt they'll be naming a school after him any time soon.

Gee, I wonder if you've ever dodged bullets and bombs for a living?

Non-responsive.

Hermann Georing was a highly decorated veteran of World War I. So by your logic (and really, logic isn't your strong suit) he dodged bullets, so he couldn't be a war criminal.

I'm very pragmatic. War Crimes Trials are the winners punishing the losers. Always have been.

Otherwsie, Hap Arnold should have been in the docket right next to Hermann.

Only those convicted of war crimes are war criminals.
Petraeus may or may not face trial for his crimes, but that doesn't mean he didn't authorize acts contrary to international law:

"War Crime Charges:
Complicity in the commission of a war crime – plunder of public and private property, failure to protect civilians.
Oversaw the surge in Iraq and the current escalation of the war in Afghanistan
Overall responsibility for missile attacks into Pakistan
Responsible for the operation of torture prisons in Iraq and Afghanistan
Complicity in the commission of a war crime – wanton destruction of cities and villages, devastation not justified by military necessity, ill-treatment of civilian population of or in occupied territory."

Petraeus, David H.

Petreaus' great claim to fame is that he had a strategy in Iraq that allowed us to withdraw while saving face from a war that was ill-conceived and based on a lie.

Why 11 years? Why didn't you finish your 20?

What was your MOS?

I be suspicious......

Well, lets see. Less than 1% of this nation volunteers for its armed services. You know, I saw a simple post once, can't even remember where, but it said that when those who joined the military signed on the dotted line, they wrote a blank check to this nation, left payable for any amount including their lives, so that the other 99% of this nation could enjoy the freedoms they so obviously take for granted.

General Petraeus did what he was told to do. He did so honorably and well. He took a situation in Iraq that was undeniably bad and turned it around. President Obama personally asked for Petraeus to do the same in Afghanistan. For those of you who have never been in a shooting war, it sucks. It is pandimonium and chaos punctuated by intense periods alternating between boredom and sheer terror. People die. Sometimes it is the wrong people. Sometimes it is people who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Your goal is to minimize those casualties. You cannot completely do away with those casualties, but you try.

I have to laugh when JoeB points out the general's moral turpitude. Here we had a sitting President getting his knob polished in the Oval office and we were reminded by the left that we can NEVER bring up someone's sex life. It's none of our business, they say. Unless of course that person is conservative like General Petraeus or Herman Cain, then of course, all bets are off. Liberal hypocracy at its best. Hilarious and expected.

These shrieking, boney finger-pointing, bed-wetting, basement-dwelling, psuedo-intellecutal losers who followed him and heckled him are the lowest form of scum there is in America today. If a bus full of them went over the cliff, the ONLY thing horrible about it would be if there was an empty seat.

I couldn't give a rats ass as to General Petraeus' personal conduct, OR Anthony Wiener or Elliot "Spitzners" personal lives either. I loved Spitzer, he fought for WE little people before it was politically expedient. What he did and with whom is between him and his wife, as long as he's not "handy." Any rw politician who minds their own business in that regard gets the same courtesy. I'll argue their policies and leave their lives alone as long as they don't legislate other people's lives or make hay from another politicians exposure while doing what they preach to their constituents and propose or support policy against. It couldn't BE more fair than that.

Non-responsive.

Hermann Georing was a highly decorated veteran of World War I. So by your logic (and really, logic isn't your strong suit) he dodged bullets, so he couldn't be a war criminal.

I'm very pragmatic. War Crimes Trials are the winners punishing the losers. Always have been.

That's sort of true. If the North had lost the Civil War, Lincoln, Sherman and Grant would have all been hung as war criminals.

Why 11 years? Why didn't you finish your 20?

What was your MOS?

I be suspicious......

Didn't finish my 20 because I was pretty fucking disgusted after the Gulf War when we fought a war for Israel and the Oil Companies.

Also, only 6 of them were active duty and garnered any reasonable retirment points.

MOS was 76Y30, BTW. Unit Supply NCO.

Non-responsive.

That's sort of true. If the North had lost the Civil War, Lincoln, Sherman and Grant would have all been hung as war criminals.

The tragedy of the Civil War was that Davis, Lee, Forrest and the other Confederate leaders weren't hung as "war criminals".

Non-responsive.

The tragedy of the Civil War was that Davis, Lee, Forrest and the other Confederate leaders weren't hung as "war criminals".

In the 1860's the leaders and generals of opposing sides in a war were never looked upon as war criminals. Robert E. Lee was probably the greatest general of that conflict and was personally one of the most gracious and humble individuals. Stonewall Jackson, Longstreet and others were similarly brilliant. Lee was then and is today someone that is looked upon by historians as a model citizen of old Virginia and in that I would completely agree. If the south had as much industrial resources as the north, the CSA probably would be a nation today (that would not be a good thing).

Recently, as in the last 40 years, the left has NEVER been a fan of the military, those who serve or their patriotism. All you have to do is look at the legacy of the left in this country and you will see derision, hatred and disgust. The left has NEVER understood the motivations of people who volunteer and serve in the military of a nation whose actions they equate at the minimum to colonial imperialism. To the left patriotism is a mental health issue and those who have served, potential mental patients. When Barry and his cronies begin talking about how wonderful the military and veterans are, I have to laugh. They no more believe the words that they mouth than Bill Ayers believes them.

This group of pond scum that heckled Gen Petraeus are simply forgoing the political correctness that Barry presents to the nation. Notice that maggots such as these live on the fringes of academia, the only environment that will tolerate them. If they were in the real world, people like me might knock their front teeth down their throat...

Non-responsive.

What crimes did they commit, defending their homeland?

Forum List

Back