Gender identity

Puberty blockers have been used for this purpose for years now.

As someone once said.

Educate yourself.
Hormonal blockade is reversible. That’s why everyone focuses on the extremely rare transitioning surgery which it isn’t.

Except that the legislation doesn’t just target surgical procedures, but hormonal blockade as well.

One does not have to be Christian to avoid and ignore the facts in relation to things which are not the norm.

I have heard many people in interviews say that they noticed being gay at that early age, five.

Here is more of that :

One Percent of Nine-Year-Olds Identify as LGBTQ+​

The reality is that many kids know they are gay at a younger age than you might expect – even in elementary school. As of 2020, 5.6% of the population identifies as LGBTQ+ according to a study of 15,000 people by Gallup. However, by the time kids reached high school, a significant portion of this five percent understood their sexuality.

One study by San Diego State University surveyed thousands of youth across the nation. They found that one percent of kids ages 9-10 identify as gay, bisexual, or transgender. Aaron Blashill, one of the key researchers in the study, says this percentage is significant because the age group is so young.

“For so long, social scientists have assumed that there is no point in asking kids at this age about their sexual orientation, believing they do not have the cognitive ability to understand,” he said. “It is important to have a baseline to understand how sexuality develops and how it may change over time.”

Within the study, 24% of kids surveyed didn’t understand the questions regarding sexual orientation – possibly because of the way they were phrased. However, this data is still significant: kids are potentially considering their sexuality and learning about themselves at a younger age than previously thought.

(full article online)

More justification for lowering the age of consent to medical treatment. Next, changing all things doing with consent, right?

Hormonal blockade is reversible. That’s why everyone focuses on the extremely rare transitioning surgery which it isn’t.

Except that the legislation doesn’t just target surgical procedures, but hormonal blockade as well.

Both should be illegal if for transitioning purposes.

Is my child transgender?​

Children who are transgender have a gender identity that doesn't match their assigned sex at birth.

In many cases, children will say how they feel. They may strongly identify as boys or girls. And sometimes they identify as neither or not fully male or female (nonbinary).

Most children go through periods of gender exploration through the way they dress and the toys they choose and by role-playing. Some may even insist that they are a gender that differs from that of their birth sex. However, this is likely not a phase if they continue to do so as they get older.

Most children between ages 18 and 24 months can recognize and label gender groups. They may identify others as girls, women or feminine. Or they may label others as boys, men or masculine. Most also label their own gender by the time they reach age 3.

However, society tends to have a narrow view of gender. As a result, some children learn to behave in ways that may not reflect their gender identity. At age 5 or 6, most children are rigid about gender and preferences. These feelings tend to become more flexible with age.

It's important to remember that gender identity and gender expression are different concepts. A child's gender identity doesn't always lead to a certain gender expression. And a child's gender expression doesn't always point to the child's gender identity.

Gender expressions and behaviors might include:

• Certain bathroom behavior, such as a girl insisting on standing up to urinate
  • An aversion to wearing the bathing suit of the child's sex assigned at birth
  • A preference for underwear typically worn by a different sex
  • A strong desire to play with toys typically assigned to a different sex
Don't rush to label your child. Over time your child will continue to tell you what feels right.

How can I support a transgender child or a child who doesn't conform to assigned sex at birth?​

Listen to your child's feelings about gender identity. Talk to your child and ask questions without judgment. To support your child, you can:

• Allow your child to express gender in public or at family activities. It's important to do this even if it makes you or someone else uncomfortable.
  • Give your child access to gender-diverse friends, activities or resources.
  • Don't assume your child's gender expression is a form of rebellion or defiance.
  • Don't try to shame or punish your child for gender expression.
  • Don't allow others in your family to belittle or ridicule your child's gender expression.
  • Understand that experiencing discrimination isn't your child's fault.

Remember to speak positively about your child. Do this both to your child and to others. Show your approval for your child's gender identity and expression of it. You'll foster a positive sense of self in your child when you allow your child to express preferences. You'll also help keep lines of communication open.

Also, try to let go of expectations you might have had about your child's future. Instead, focus on what brings your child joy and security. A child living with supportive parents and caregivers is likely to be a happier child.

(full article online)

Have you ever known anyone personally that has transitioned?

The spouse of a co-worker/friend is going through this right now. I am more than comfortable saying I do not understand it at all. But I am also not comfortable condemning the person as mentally ill.

About 2 years ago my co-worker (who is female) told me her spouse was now non-binary. She asked us to use "they or them" as pronouns. Again, an odd thing but it did not harm me at all so out of respect for our friendship I did. No different than when a co-workers spouse decided she wanted a new first name and choose one. I now call her that new name as well.

A couple months ago I found out the spouse of my co-worker is full transitioning to female and now wishes to use "she and her". And that is what I will do. The spouse is the happiest I have ever known them to be and my co-workers is as well.

I do not understand a bit of it personally, but they are harming nobody and there is no reason to condemn them for it.
Why don't you think its a mental illness?

Now let’s have a straight pride parade.

The LGBTQ would blow a rod
People have tried. It’s always a miserable failure because few people are sufficiently motivated by your reactionary anger.

Is my child transgender?​

Children who are transgender have a gender identity that doesn't match their assigned sex at birth.

In many cases, children will say how they feel. They may strongly identify as boys or girls. And sometimes they identify as neither or not fully male or female (nonbinary).

Most children go through periods of gender exploration through the way they dress and the toys they choose and by role-playing. Some may even insist that they are a gender that differs from that of their birth sex. However, this is likely not a phase if they continue to do so as they get older.

Most children between ages 18 and 24 months can recognize and label gender groups. They may identify others as girls, women or feminine. Or they may label others as boys, men or masculine. Most also label their own gender by the time they reach age 3.

However, society tends to have a narrow view of gender. As a result, some children learn to behave in ways that may not reflect their gender identity. At age 5 or 6, most children are rigid about gender and preferences. These feelings tend to become more flexible with age.

It's important to remember that gender identity and gender expression are different concepts. A child's gender identity doesn't always lead to a certain gender expression. And a child's gender expression doesn't always point to the child's gender identity.

Gender expressions and behaviors might include:

• Certain bathroom behavior, such as a girl insisting on standing up to urinate
  • An aversion to wearing the bathing suit of the child's sex assigned at birth
  • A preference for underwear typically worn by a different sex
  • A strong desire to play with toys typically assigned to a different sex
Don't rush to label your child. Over time your child will continue to tell you what feels right.

How can I support a transgender child or a child who doesn't conform to assigned sex at birth?​

Listen to your child's feelings about gender identity. Talk to your child and ask questions without judgment. To support your child, you can:

• Allow your child to express gender in public or at family activities. It's important to do this even if it makes you or someone else uncomfortable.
  • Give your child access to gender-diverse friends, activities or resources.
  • Don't assume your child's gender expression is a form of rebellion or defiance.
  • Don't try to shame or punish your child for gender expression.
  • Don't allow others in your family to belittle or ridicule your child's gender expression.
  • Understand that experiencing discrimination isn't your child's fault.

Remember to speak positively about your child. Do this both to your child and to others. Show your approval for your child's gender identity and expression of it. You'll foster a positive sense of self in your child when you allow your child to express preferences. You'll also help keep lines of communication open.

Also, try to let go of expectations you might have had about your child's future. Instead, focus on what brings your child joy and security. A child living with supportive parents and caregivers is likely to be a happier child.

(full article online)

If my child thinks he is Superman, I won't allow him to jump off a roof.

Forum List

Back