General Powel: ****ALL 16**** Intel Agencies ***LIED*** to US

I have no use for 'powell' , just another lib in my opinion , just a comment !!

The point is that the "intelligence community" LIES LIKE A RUG.

It's so sad that calling someone a liar comes so easy to those who have no personal knowledge of the experience of those they attack. A lie is an attempt to mislead; when labeling a mistake in judgment, or an utterance which proves to be wrong a lie is a cop out, unless other evidence exists.

For example, the invasion of Iraq was predicated on its possession of WMD's by the Bush Administration, and yet, many of those who signed the Project for a New American Century's Statement of Principles in 1997 sought to engage Saddam, but no effort or discussion was articulated by the same people to engage N. Korea which was a greater threat to the US than was Iraq.

Two reasons stand out as an explanation:
  1. Oil
  2. The attempt on the life of George H. W. Bush

How did the war profit the US in regards to oil?

How about wars with Iran? How about invasion of Kuwait? How about rape rooms? How about the gassing of the Kurds? How about firing on our planes in the NFZ?

It's so sad that calling someone a liar comes so easy to those who have no personal knowledge of the experience of those they attack. A lie is an attempt to mislead; when labeling a mistake in judgment, or an utterance which proves to be wrong a lie is a cop out, unless other evidence exists.

For example, the invasion of Iraq was predicated on its possession of WMD's by the Bush Administration, and yet, many of those who signed the Project for a New American Century's Statement of Principles in 1997 sought to engage Saddam, but no effort or discussion was articulated by the same people to engage N. Korea which was a greater threat to the US than was Iraq.

Two reasons stand out as an explanation:
  1. Oil
  2. The attempt on the life of George H. W. Bush
  1. Oil.....which went to China
  2. The attempt on the life of G.H.W.B failed
  3. To create a vacuum in the Middle East that Obama’s friends in Iran could fill with radical Shiites
  4. To spread Islam throughout Europe and the US by way of sending refugees into those countries
ISIS_and_Obama_8.jpg.cf.jpg

ISIS_and_Obama_1.jpg.cf.jpg

Sharia Law in America
threechild.jpg.cf.jpg

No one will ever consider you to be a thinker, thought provoking or the least bit thoughtful.
The tragic thing is that Mud is NOT entirely incapable of thought.......

It's that thinking leads him places he doesn't want to be....
No, to places others don't want to be.

Political-Correctness specializes in squashing individual thought processes.
Isn't that exactly what labeling that with which you don't agree "Political Correctness" does?
Great grammar.

Political-Correctness is defined as a pejorative that is used to give special treatment to specific groups, particularly groups that favor liberal policies.
It helps if you want to stifle debate and prevent critical thinking.

For example: You want to flood the country with improperly screened people from developing countries who you think will support your policies. Your opponents say that bringing in millions of people from 3rd world countries drives down wages, creates a security threat, and puts a strain on the Social Security and Medicaid fund, not to mention brings into this country dozens of diseases that up until now had been almost completely eradicated. You respond by calling your opponents racists and start screaming about diversity and compassion.

Political-Correctness makes it easier to run for office. You don't have to make sense. You simply have to appeal to the prejudices and fears of your constituents.

NOT SO FAST, BUB:

You damn Konservatives have to be watched constantly or you'll pull some half-truth out of the garbage can and throw it in our faces.

The problem with Americans is their short memory and you konservative slicksters are quick to capitalize on that. When Colin Powell made that statement"
"But the intelligence community, all 16 agencies, assured us that it was right," he had not based that statement on a personal intell briefing

Bush knew Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction

To wit:

On April 23, 2006, CBS’s “60 Minutes” interviewed Tyler Drumheller, the former CIA chief of clandestine operations for Europe, who disclosed that the agency had received documentary intelligence from Naji Sabri, Saddam’s foreign minister, that Saddam did not have WMD. “We continued to validate him the whole way through,” said Drumheller. “The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming, and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy, to justify the policy.”

Now two former senior CIA officers have confirmed Drumheller’s account to me and provided the background to the story of how the information that might have stopped the invasion of Iraq was twisted in order to justify it. They described what Tenet said to Bush about the lack of WMD, and how Bush responded, and noted that Tenet never shared Sabri’s intelligence with then Secretary of State Colin Powell.According to the former officers, the intelligence was also never shared with the senior military planning the invasion, which required U.S. soldiers to receive medical shots against the ill effects of WMD and to wear protective uniforms in the desert.

. “The president had no interest in the intelligence,” said the CIA officer. The other officer said, “Bush didn’t give a fuck about the intelligence. He had his mind made up.”

Your source is highly suspect. Salon (website) - Wikipedia
Salon.com is a San Francisco based progressive website, doing the bidding of George Soros. I wouldn't believe a damned thing they publish without checking their sources.
It is not beneath them to fabricate stories and pass them off as fact.

One study of the CIA's pre-war intelligence of 2002 concluded....

The full document allows for a comparison of the CIA's actual findings with both the Bush administration's pre-war claims, and later post-war assessments of Saddam's actual WMD capabilities.

In December, the RAND Corporation issued a report that stated the CIA assessment "contained several qualifiers that were dropped ... As the draft NIE went up the intelligence chain of command, the conclusions were treated increasingly definitively."

Here's the full version of the CIA's 2002 intelligence assessment on WMD in Iraq

Loss of qualifiers is a common mistake in people seeing what they want to believe.

Qualifiers are also a common tactic by people who are covering their asses. You put the qualifiers on paper, and then give the real report verbally. Thus you ass is covered.

Putin and Trump have common ground. They don't want needless conflict between their nations.

He might very well relish our misfortunes given his youth in the KGB, or maybe he realizes that the Cold War is over, and that he has new enemies today.

IMO, HIllary, despite her "experience" had a moronic view of the world, where she thought she could safely push around Russia like it was a defeated power, for political purposes.

Her "no fly zone" proposal was utter madness.

(in her defense, her idiocy in that regard, seems to be the Conventional Wisdom)
Tell me when, exactly, Russia was "rehabilitated", Useful Idiot.

"rehabilitated"?

That's your word, not mine.

IMO, our conflict with Russia ended, when they dropped their plans for conquering Western Europe and thus dominating the world.

That was the basis of the Cold War, and the end of that, ends the conflict.

It is sad that so many have accepted world wide conflict as normal.

when they dropped their plans for conquering Western Europe and thus dominating the world.

Is there a date involved?

Knock off your stupid shit and respond to my point if you can.

I'm trying to bring it into geocentric orbit, first.....

When you feel you are prepared for re-entry, I was a Russian Studies major during the early 80s......

That is not response to my point either.

Here it is again, to help you.

IMO, our conflict with Russia ended, when they dropped their plans for conquering Western Europe and thus dominating the world.

IT'S A CONSPIRACEE!!!!!!! Dupe.
It's not a conspiracy. It's just corrupt, incompetent leadership in the WH.
Corrupt based on what evidence? 8 scandal free years, except in hater dupe world?

"SCANDAL FREE" ??!!??

What the hell are you smoking?

If you eliminate all those which numerous redundant congressional investigations concluded were NOT scandals, what have you got left?

Sell me some of that shit, okay???? It clearly warps your brain.

When you sober up, try answering the question........

1. Oil.....which went to China
  2. The attempt on the life of G.H.W.B failed
  3. To create a vacuum in the Middle East that Obama’s friends in Iran could fill with radical Shiites
  4. To spread Islam throughout Europe and the US by way of sending refugees into those countries
ISIS_and_Obama_8.jpg.cf.jpg

ISIS_and_Obama_1.jpg.cf.jpg

Sharia Law in America
threechild.jpg.cf.jpg

No one will ever consider you to be a thinker, thought provoking or the least bit thoughtful.

Isn't that exactly what labeling that with which you don't agree "Political Correctness" does?
Great grammar.

Grammar is flawless.......Syntax is challenging.........for those who usually feed on Reich Wing Media

As an entirely entrenched product of the two party dictatorship, Obama effectively had very little room to maneuver. No defense of him or his administration is intended here.
There was nothing stopping Obama from deviating from the policies that had been implemented under Bush. Nothing whatsoever, that is the point. Obama wasn't boxed into a corner or put into a situation that he didn't have the power to reverse. The two party dictatorship was not even a factor.

Tell me when, exactly, Russia was "rehabilitated", Useful Idiot.

"rehabilitated"?

That's your word, not mine.

It is sad that so many have accepted world wide conflict as normal.

when they dropped their plans for conquering Western Europe and thus dominating the world.

Is there a date involved?

Knock off your stupid shit and respond to my point if you can.

I'm trying to bring it into geocentric orbit, first.....

When you feel you are prepared for re-entry, I was a Russian Studies major during the early 80s......

That is not response to my point either.

Here it is again, to help you.

I am looking to reconcile your Bold Assertion with History........

To do so, we will need to define this "when".

If you would prefer to cut to the chase - your Bold Assertion is uninformed blatherskite.....The Soviet Union never made any such "declaration". Conquering Western Europe was no part of Soviet long range planning......it is a considerable tactical challenge (google "Fulda Gap")...That said, the Soviets also recognized that a land war in Europe was a distinct possibility, and the considerable US presence a Reality.

One study of the CIA's pre-war intelligence of 2002 concluded....

The full document allows for a comparison of the CIA's actual findings with both the Bush administration's pre-war claims, and later post-war assessments of Saddam's actual WMD capabilities.

In December, the RAND Corporation issued a report that stated the CIA assessment "contained several qualifiers that were dropped ... As the draft NIE went up the intelligence chain of command, the conclusions were treated increasingly definitively."

Here's the full version of the CIA's 2002 intelligence assessment on WMD in Iraq

Loss of qualifiers is a common mistake in people seeing what they want to believe.

Qualifiers are also a common tactic by people who are covering their asses. You put the qualifiers on paper, and then give the real report verbally. Thus you ass is covered.
Eliminating "qualifiers" is not a "mistake", it is a "strategery". In this case, it was a deliberate effort to conceal and deceive...in order to facilitate a war crime....

Great grammar.

Grammar is flawless.......Syntax is challenging.........for those who usually feed on Reich Wing Media

Great grammar.

I attended Journalism school, which isn't exactly one of the hard sciences. One thing I soon discovered is you have to be of a particular mindset to be successful in that field because of heavy competition. There's a thousand applicants for every job. I felt selling out my principles to make a buck was too much to bare. I'd rather be true to myself.

NOT SO FAST, BUB:

You damn Konservatives have to be watched constantly or you'll pull some half-truth out of the garbage can and throw it in our faces.

The problem with Americans is their short memory and you konservative slicksters are quick to capitalize on that. When Colin Powell made that statement"
"But the intelligence community, all 16 agencies, assured us that it was right," he had not based that statement on a personal intell briefing

To wit:

On April 23, 2006, CBS’s “60 Minutes” interviewed Tyler Drumheller, the former CIA chief of clandestine operations for Europe, who disclosed that the agency had received documentary intelligence from Naji Sabri, Saddam’s foreign minister, that Saddam did not have WMD. “We continued to validate him the whole way through,” said Drumheller. “The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming, and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy, to justify the policy.”

Now two former senior CIA officers have confirmed Drumheller’s account to me and provided the background to the story of how the information that might have stopped the invasion of Iraq was twisted in order to justify it. They described what Tenet said to Bush about the lack of WMD, and how Bush responded, and noted that Tenet never shared Sabri’s intelligence with then Secretary of State Colin Powell.According to the former officers, the intelligence was also never shared with the senior military planning the invasion, which required U.S. soldiers to receive medical shots against the ill effects of WMD and to wear protective uniforms in the desert.

. “The president had no interest in the intelligence,” said the CIA officer. The other officer said, “Bush didn’t give a fuck about the intelligence. He had his mind made up.”

Salon.com is a San Francisco based progressive website, doing the bidding of George Soros. I wouldn't believe a damned thing they publish without checking their sources.

Well,did you check the sources in the link before posting? Evidently you didn't. Could that be because you aren't interested in the truth? You are just content to accept and go along with anything your RW buddies put out there.

It would be a simple matter to check Utube or to use the google function to find if that interview on CBS's 60 minutes occurred. Did you do that? Does Salon commentary detract from that just because you thin k it is a progressive website?

Colin Powell’s New Book: Bush Administration Never Debated Iraq War

Colin' Powell's statement is the focus of the op. There is no denying he said what is claimed. But was Powell aware of the Intelligence briefing given to Bush validating that Iraq Had NO WMDs before Powell was interviewed on live TV? Her is na excerpt form Powell's book on the matter:

'In the book, Powell also describes how he felt about the Bush White House’s original WMD case." “It was a disaster. It was incoherent,” he writes. “I learned later that Scooter Libby, Vice President Cheney’s chief of staff, had authored the unusable presentation, not the NSC staff. And several years after that, I learned from Dr. Rice that the idea of using Libby had come from the Vice President, who had persuaded the President to have Libby, a lawyer, write the ‘case’ as a lawyer’s brief and not as an intelligence assessment.”

It took me about 5 minutes to research and post that you lazy SOB. That is the trouble with you Trump-Bot konservatives...you are too damn gullible.

NOT SO FAST, BUB:

To wit:

Well,did you check the sources in the link before posting? Evidently you didn't. Could that be because you aren't interested in the truth? You are just content to accept and go along with anything your RW buddies put out there.

It would be a simple matter to check Utube or to use the google function to find if that interview on CBS's 60 minutes occurred. Did you do that? Does Salon commentary detract from that just because you thin k it is a progressive website?

Colin' Powell's statement is the focus of the op. There is no denying he said what is claimed. But was Powell aware of the Intelligence briefing given to Bush validating that Iraq Had NO WMDs before Powell was interviewed on live TV? Her is na excerpt form Powell's book on the matter:

'In the book, Powell also describes how he felt about the Bush White House’s original WMD case." “It was a disaster. It was incoherent,” he writes. “I learned later that Scooter Libby, Vice President Cheney’s chief of staff, had authored the unusable presentation, not the NSC staff. And several years after that, I learned from Dr. Rice that the idea of using Libby had come from the Vice President, who had persuaded the President to have Libby, a lawyer, write the ‘case’ as a lawyer’s brief and not as an intelligence assessment.”

It took me about 5 minutes to research and post that you lazy SOB. That is the trouble with you Trump-Bot konservatives...you are too damn gullible.
No need to be such an asshole.
Mkay?

Oh....and 60 Minutes is nothing but anti-Republican liberal tossoff material.

Last edited:
And the extravagant waste of lives, military power, diplomatic status and vast amounts of treasure were all calculated to place the country in precisely the position where its only choices would serve the interests of the perpetrators.
I'm gonna have to ask you to elaborate on this....
Certain elements of the power élite learned a lesson when they used Reagan; commit the country in a big enough program and successors will have no choice. Part of that was doubling national debt. When the same group (in some cases, the very same people) got hold of power through the person of Bush II, they had everything within their power to 'buy the future' (see the scene from 'Chinatown'). This included a very well equipped, very expensive military apparatus all dressed up with no place to go. The "Founding Fathers" understood the dangers of a central authority possessing a standing army. The "W" administration had the political, financial and military opportunity to inflict their vision of the future on the rest of the world and did not hesitate to use it. Morals and ethics played into it not a whit. They used the diplomatic, military and monetary capital of the U.S. to place their 'ilk' ineluctably in control. We have now only the capacity to react to what they have done.

Ahhhhhh ..... the old "Illuminati ploy" .... or, is it the Masons who are secretly manipulating ever man, woman, and child in this country?

While it's true that the intelligence community got some of the information wrong, it's also true that the Bush administration overstated information.

That being said, it's also true that Russia is an enemy of the United States. Trump and you are aiding the enemy.
What have they done to the US to make them an enemy?

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!

Step right up! Move in! Closer, now!

We have a new nominee for dumbest post of the week!!

UPDATE! UPDATE!

The review committee looked at this post, immediately voted, and it was unanimous. It won the dumbest post of the week award ... better known as the frigidweirdo award!)

Last edited:
NOT SO FAST, BUB:

To wit:

No need to be such an asshole.
Mkay?

Oh....and 60 Minutes is nothing but anti-Republican liberal tossoff material.
But,,... it is televised,,,the interviews are of real people saying real things.... Stop running..there is no place left to hide...

And the extravagant waste of lives, military power, diplomatic status and vast amounts of treasure were all calculated to place the country in precisely the position where its only choices would serve the interests of the perpetrators.
I'm gonna have to ask you to elaborate on this....
Certain elements of the power élite learned a lesson when they used Reagan; commit the country in a big enough program and successors will have no choice. Part of that was doubling national debt. When the same group (in some cases, the very same people) got hold of power through the person of Bush II, they had everything within their power to 'buy the future' (see the scene from 'Chinatown'). This included a very well equipped, very expensive military apparatus all dressed up with no place to go. The "Founding Fathers" understood the dangers of a central authority possessing a standing army. The "W" administration had the political, financial and military opportunity to inflict their vision of the future on the rest of the world and did not hesitate to use it. Morals and ethics played into it not a whit. They used the diplomatic, military and monetary capital of the U.S. to place their 'ilk' ineluctably in control. We have now only the capacity to react to what they have done.
It is a clever plan, but there is nothing enlightened/illuminated about it. Everything was done in plain sight and should be obvious to all. Many 'enablers' helped for reasons of their own (as Clinton), people intelligent enough to know better but lacking 'grit', honesty and caring for America.

While it's true that the intelligence community got some of the information wrong, it's also true that the Bush administration overstated information.

That being said, it's also true that Russia is an enemy of the United States. Trump and you are aiding the enemy.
What have they done to the US to make them an enemy?

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!

Step right up! Move in! Closer, now!

We have a new nominee for dumbest post of the week!!

UPDATE! UPDATE!

The review committee looked at this post, immediately voted, and it was unanimous. It won the dumbest post of the week award ... better known as the frigidweirdo award!)

So you got nothing, got it.

Forum List

Back