General Powel: ****ALL 16**** Intel Agencies ***LIED*** to US

Intelligence can be wrong. And sometimes Intel agencies just lie. That's why i'm surprised so many are appalled that Trump has disputed some Intel claims. It's like 'How dare he?!' But it's actually very wise to question Intel.

Intel agencies like the CIA and NSA have their own agendas. They have to be questioned and reigned in. That's the President's job in my opinion. As the OP said, the Intel agencies were either wrong, or they just lied us into war with Iraq.

And they were about to lie us into a world war with russia.

Looks like they were headed in that direction.

Cheney would have figured out a way to get us into Iraq regardless.
Iraq is an illustration of what happens when civilians pressure intelligence people for politically motivated conclusions. And that's what many people fear Trump will do

Bad analogy

That's what the demo_rats are doing

They want the CIA to depose him by any means necessary , including murder.

I have no use for 'powell' , just another lib in my opinion , just a comment !!

The point is that the "intelligence community" LIES LIKE A RUG.

Contumacious, Gen Powell was an enthusiastic supporter of the admin he was part of, but there were rumors back then that the 'dogs of war' Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz, together with Cheney, cherry-picked data. It has been said that they rejected the doubts offered, and there were several. It is said that Rumsfeld suggested an Iraqi invasion well before 911. I cannot verify any of this, but with that in mind, and with Powell's epiphany after his UN speech, I do not accept that the intel community has done anything of the sort. What I DO accept is that President Trump's all new intel team will be compliant to his wishes...IOW, LIE LIKE RUGS. You DO realize that with our intel community utterly discredited, and with Trump's lean towards disbanding NATO, Russia has a clear path to restoring the old USSR. So who is it we are making 'Great Again'? NATO was specifically created to keep the USSR in check. Today, the Baltic States and Poland are very nervous, and Putin is not happy that Georgia has requested acceptance into NATO. And now thoughtless Americans are rejecting their own intel because Putin says they lied, and a narcissistic President touts KGB intel . Wake up, friend..don't trust..verify!

Anti-Russian fear mongering. Where would you go without an enemy you can hate?

Don't forget about this witch.

587f8a971200002d00ad83c6.jpg

Will Judith Miller Ever Live It Down?

Cheney would have figured out a way to get us into Iraq regardless.
Iraq is an illustration of what happens when civilians pressure intelligence people for politically motivated conclusions. And that's what many people fear Trump will do

Bad analogy

That's what the demo_rats are doing

They want the CIA to depose him by any means necessary , including murder.

If Trump doesn't slow down his rate of making enemies, the CIA won't need to go through the trouble.

Gee, where are the demo_rats, the swamp dwellers , the war profiteers who swear up and down that the 16 Intel agencies speaketh the Gospel.

Let's hear it sons of bitches.

Yeah....spontaneous demonstrations because of a video.

Intelligence can be wrong. And sometimes Intel agencies just lie. That's why i'm surprised so many are appalled that Trump has disputed some Intel claims. It's like 'How dare he?!' But it's actually very wise to question Intel.

Intel agencies like the CIA and NSA have their own agendas. They have to be questioned and reigned in. That's the President's job in my opinion. As the OP said, the Intel agencies were either wrong, or they just lied us into war with Iraq.

Yep.

The figured that since they fooled Obama into believing that there was a civil war in Syria and that ISIS was the "Syrian Resistance" that DJT was equally gullible.

The only people that claim that the Intel agencies lied to us are those who lied to us. Powell has no credibility and running around saying his actions was the fault of everyone else is lame.

Powell lied and now he''s looking for a scapegoat.

.....Two reasons stand out as an explanation:
  1. Oil
  2. The attempt on the life of George H. W. Bush

images

Then there was also the at least one person on a senate subcommittee at that time responsible for evaluating the threat situation from our intelligence agencies to our European allies and making recommendations to the President...

*****SMILE*****

:)

While it's true that the intelligence community got some of the information wrong, it's also true that the Bush administration overstated information.

That being said, it's also true that Russia is an enemy of the United States. Trump and you are aiding the enemy.

WHY is Russia an enemy of the US?

FACTS not WARMONGER BULLSHIT

Americans will one day come to realize that Intel agencies like the CIA and NSA have their own agendas. And they have almost complete free reign to wreak havoc. The last President to truly oppose the CIA was John Kennedy. The last straw was him attempting to deny the CIA its war in Vietnam. He wasn't around very long after he tried that.

So, questioning Intel agencies is a very precarious endeavor. They can always play the ole 'What do you hate America or something?' card. And they have massive info. That info can be used as leverage against Presidents. Trump will have to watch his back for sure.

The thing to note peeps, is that when you're giving intel that will lead our country into war...you DAMN well better get it right. Lives are at risk, just like before Pearl Harbor.

Agencies that fail should be purged. Agencies that lie should be prosecuted.

The only people that claim that the Intel agencies lied to us are those who lied to us. Powell has no credibility and running around saying his actions was the fault of everyone else is lame.

I'm still unsure whether he was fully told that some professionals opined, correctly, that the "mobile biological labs" really were weather gathering facilities.

Powell to his credit, stood up to Rumsfeld, Cheney and Wolfowitz and said there was no legal way to invade unless Saddam really had womd. After that the Axix of Evil in the W admin went about giving him reasons to suspect womd.

They got fooled.

After Desert Storm, Saddam wasn't afraid of the USA, he was afraid of Iran.

So he put out word that he had WMD's. All sorts of them.

The idea was to keep Iran from Invading and kicking his ass. But they believed him. They believed he had Nukes. Because -- That's what he wanted them to believe.

Even his own Generals thought he had Nukes.

When we invaded in '03 and the Iraqis were getting their asses kicked, Saddam's Generals asked him to release the WMDs to their control.

When he replied that he didn't have any they were as shocked as could be. They really thought he did.

This all came out when the FBI debriefed him. It's fact.

If anybody's interested enough, they can find it.
All that was before Blix and el Baradi began new inspections ... that found zip.

It's so sad that calling someone a liar comes so easy to those who have no personal knowledge of the experience of those they attack. A lie is an attempt to mislead; when labeling a mistake in judgment, or an utterance which proves to be wrong a lie is a cop out, unless other evidence exists.

For example, the invasion of Iraq was predicated on its possession of WMD's by the Bush Administration, and yet, many of those who signed the Project for a New American Century's Statement of Principles in 1997 sought to engage Saddam, but no effort or discussion was articulated by the same people to engage N. Korea which was a greater threat to the US than was Iraq.

Two reasons stand out as an explanation:
  1. Oil

According to Coronel Karen Kwiatkowski, USAF, Retd, she had PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE that the intel community was determined to lie us into war.

Last edited:

Yep.

The figured that since they fooled Obama into believing that there was a civil war in Syria and that ISIS was the "Syrian Resistance" that DJT was equally gullible.

Not giving the CIA and MIC their wars, is very dangerous. John F. Kennedy found that out. No President since, has seriously challenged the CIA and MIC.

Yeah, right.

Their are angels when the demo_rats need them.

It's so sad that calling someone a liar comes so easy to those who have no personal knowledge of the experience of those they attack. A lie is an attempt to mislead; when labeling a mistake in judgment, or an utterance which proves to be wrong a lie is a cop out, unless other evidence exists.

For example, the invasion of Iraq was predicated on its possession of WMD's by the Bush Administration, and yet, many of those who signed the Project for a New American Century's Statement of Principles in 1997 sought to engage Saddam, but no effort or discussion was articulated by the same people to engage N. Korea which was a greater threat to the US than was Iraq.

Two reasons stand out as an explanation:
  1. Oil

According to Coronel Karen Kwiatkowski, USAF, Retd, she had PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE that the intel community was determied to lie us into war.

Really? Does the Coronel have stock in Exxon?

Forum List

Back