George W. Bush Paintings.

People will buy Bush's paintings because of who the painter is, not because of the quality of the art work -- same reason they pay money for a George Zimmerman painting.

It's not about art; it's about commerce.

All art is about commerce.

Absolutely not. That is not true. People who know nothing about true artistic value might think so, but it is not true at all.

You need a pin in your bubble. Art is about commerce. If you can't sell your shit, you are a worthless artist. Rent a storage space. Decorate that.

They look like caricatures.

caricatures

Here's the fun thing, deany.

You can't separate your hatred of the man for his talent.

These aren't 'caricatures'.

This is expressionism.

Expressionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a very talented artist.

congo+2.jpg

They look OK I guess. Who among us is qualified to judge the artistic merits of amateur artists? The radical left used to think that throwing shit on a religious statue was art.

They look OK I guess. Who among us is qualified to judge the artistic merits of amateur artists? The radical left used to think that throwing shit on a religious statue was art.

Maybe among us, no one. Among art critics, Bush is getting pretty good reviews.

All art is about commerce.

Absolutely not. That is not true. People who know nothing about true artistic value might think so, but it is not true at all.

You need a pin in your bubble. Art is about commerce. If you can't sell your shit, you are a worthless artist. Rent a storage space. Decorate that.

Real art has nothing to do with money. Money does not equal artistic quality. Think of the many great artists who were not even recognized as great artists until after their deaths. Making a lot of money does not mean one is a great artist anymore than making a lot of money means one is a great man, a great person. Money is not the test of quality in any area. Take actors or writers. Those who are the real artists are generally not those who are making the most money. A box office draw may get a huge salary per picture, but he/she is not generally the best actor. A book that tops the bestseller list may make a lot of money, but is generally, in literary terms, not a very good book, usually junk, in fact.

Last edited:

Real art has nothing to do with money. Money does not equal artistic quality. Think of the many great artists who were not even recognized as great artists until after their deaths. Making a lot of money does not mean one is a great artist anymore than making a lot of money means one is a great man, a great person. Money is not the test of quality in any area.

How much do you get paid for Juroring an art show? What are your qualifications as an art Judge?

Zip. Nothing. You have an opinion which is very much like your asshole. No one cares. IF many great artists are recognized as great artists after their death, their art becomes valuable and it is valued, bought and sold like any other item in commerce.

Real art has nothing to do with money. Money does not equal artistic quality. Think of the many great artists who were not even recognized as great artists until after their deaths. Making a lot of money does not mean one is a great artist anymore than making a lot of money means one is a great man, a great person. Money is not the test of quality in any area.

Correct.

Being Dead equals artistic quality.

George should have waited.

Correct.

That's a pretty dumb response. Are your really that stupid to completely miss the point of what I'm saying?

In any case, though you are not able to understand the value of art as art, the point of this thread is about GW. And he cannot paint. As another poster said: it's quite juvenile. I've seen similar work done in a high school art class.

As was noted by another poster, if he weren't GW, no one would pay the least attention: he is doing what millions of other retired men and women do. Painting pictures for fun, and that's where it belongs, just a way to indulge himselfl and spend his golden years.

Last edited:

Correct.

That's a pretty dumb response. Are your really that stupid to completely miss the point of what I'm saying?.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Almost everything you post is stupid.

The paintings are not likely to be hung in the Louvre.

On the other hand, they aren't bad at all.

I have tried simple pencil drawings of familiar faces. With the sole exception of a fair job on Mr. Spock, I don't think anybody would ever recognize the person I had intended to depict. It is not easy. Or, it is not easy for most of us.

In fact, I think W captured more than just a physical like-ness in some of those pictures. There is something deeper going on in a couple of them. There is a seething emotion (and it's not pleasant) just below the surface of Putin's face in Pres. Bush's painting of Vlad Putin, for example.

Real artists do tend to take it deeper than just the surface. Maybe ol' W has some true artistic talent.

Of course, I am no art critic. I still don't really "get" why some modern art paintings (like many of Picasso's works) are deemed "good" art.

How much do you get paid for Juroring an art show? What are your qualifications as an art Judge?

Zip. Nothing. You have an opinion which is very much like your asshole. No one cares. IF many great artists are recognized as great artists after their death, their art becomes valuable and it is valued, bought and sold like any other item in commerce.
Your mouth is pretty much like your asshole, it spews nothing but shit. And that goes for Samson too. Both back on ignore; i.e., not worth engaging in any type of intelligent discussion.

Esmerelda is like all liberals, their opinion is everybody else's opinion too. They have a hive mind and cannot accept that not all people agree.

Having been in more than a few art shows, I can say that this is a widely held liberal belief. Those who are not judges desperately want their opinion substituted for that of the judge. The second most common issue with art shows is the reality of inequality.

Looks like he has little talent. Most people do but have never tried to draw. Anybody that studies art, especially with instruction, could do as well or better in a few years. I don't care except it proves that he's a psychopath. He can go on with his life as if his lies didn't cause the deaths of hundreds of thousand of innocent Iraqis and American soldiers. And of course his loyal audience won't look too deep into his criminality either.

Last edited:

Your mouth is pretty much like your asshole, it spews nothing but shit. And that goes for Samson too. Both back on ignore; i.e., not worth engaging in any type of intelligent discussion.

:eusa_liar:

Early Sunday Morning Meltdown!

:eusa_clap:

Well, I've accomplished my mission for today.

Forum List

Back