George W. Bush Paintings.

No, caricatures take real talent. Seriously. The shrub's paintings are clumsy and heavy handed, very amateurish. If he were not the ex-prez, we would never see them, never know about them.

The terrible tragedy is that his name is Bush and bin Laden's money bought him the presidency. If he had just churned out his childish paintings, he would not now be a war criminal and the shame of our country.

1978656_743652492323285_734261105_n.jpg

Except, no, these aren't "amateurish".

The first time I heard about Bush painting was something he did of himself in the shower.

I wanted to have a laugh and had a look at it.

And it showed remarkable talent.

I'll agree as a president Bush was terrible. But not everything he did as President was terrible.

He saved a great deal of people in Africa from AIDS.

He deployed the US military on life saving missions in Iran and Thailand.

He was the most colorblind President in history.

He created an underwater sanctuary near Hawaii.

He got the Israelis to give up Gaza.

He was the author of the Road to citizenship and cap and trade.

On the whole, I view the guy as a good person that got into the wrong crowd and made some very bad decisions.
Who are you and what have you done with Swallow?!

ManMeatSucker?

You can't have a swallow..dude.

Sorry.

"Art is in the eye of the beholder." That's not necessarily true. It's a platitude. The idea that there are no specific qualities that make something art is a myth.

Artists don't think that anyone who makes money being an artist is a sell out. They also don't believe that the final test of whether somethng is good art or not is if it does make money. It is not that simple. But certainly, the fact that something doesn't make money or that it is not valued by the multitudes, that does not mean it isn't art. As well, because something makes a lot of money and is valued by the multitudes, that doesn't mean it is good art. If someone buys a Bush painting, it won't be because it is quality art. It will be because of who painted it.

The specific qualities of what is "art" are assigned by a human being(s) whose eye is beholding that which they may deem as art. I may or may not agree, it surely is in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe it's just me..or..maybe not.

I looked at his paintings and saw what I consider art.

And to me, art touches you on a very special level.

Since the experience when viewing anything is subjective value judgements are irrelevant.
I appreciate Bushs' creativity.
Notice no LIB pussy here will post anything about what Kerry was telling the world about WMD's in the vid.
I wonder why?

The specific qualities of what is "art" are assigned by a human being(s) whose eye is beholding that which they may deem as art. I may or may not agree, it surely is in the eye of the beholder.

Maybe it's just me..or..maybe not.

I looked at his paintings and saw what I consider art.

And to me, art touches you on a very special level.[/QUOTE]

In the interests of trying to be peaceful, I am not going to make a comment about a man named Art touching you. I'm not going to do that. But c'mon, it's RIGHT THERE!

But no, I won't say it...

Meh - the art itself doesn't move me but good for him for doing something creative. I'll never find fault with that.

I thought he had talent on the drums too. And there was nobody better at throwing out a first pitch.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktSZsy-w0t0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktSZsy-w0t0[/ame]

George W. Bush and Fidel Castro -- both frustrated baseball players. Would that they had gotten a break.

George W. Bush was an excellent president. Far and above better than the poseur we have in the white house today. He has shown himself to be quite a good artist too. Liberals can deny it all they want. Bush's success can't be changed any more than obama's failures.

WHAT SUCCESS DID W ACHIEVE Katz? Other than successfully debilitating our nation both economically and morally over 8 years after inheriting a booming economy ...And leaving an unholy mess for his successor to clean up while digging us out of the hole W left behind.
W's painting is mediocre...like the man himself.
Interesting that the 2 retired DEM presidents continue to serve thru philanthropic works like Habitat for Humanity and the CGI...while their GOP counterparts just self indulge...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I took a look at the works of art in question.
They're total crap.

George Bush remains active in the Wounded Warriors charity but does not need to shove his nose in front of a camera every day. Up until democrats got a majority in the Senate and Congress we had low unemployment, gas was less than $2.00 a gallon, there wasn't a policy of assassinating American citizens upon whim, presidential critics didn't have the habit of dying from sudden heart attacks, unexplained accidents or unbelievable suicides. We has a decent relationship with other countries and wasn't expecting war with Russia any minute. Yeah George Bush was not only a great president. He was the last president we had.

They look like caricatures.

caricatures

No, caricatures take real talent. Seriously. The shrub's paintings are clumsy and heavy handed, very amateurish. If he were not the ex-prez, we would never see them, never know about them.

The terrible tragedy is that his name is Bush and bin Laden's money bought him the presidency. If he had just churned out his childish paintings, he would not now be a war criminal and the shame of our country.

The first time I heard about Bush painting was something he did of himself in the shower.

I'll agree as a president Bush was terrible. But not everything he did as President was terrible.

On the whole, I view the guy as a good person that got into the wrong crowd and made some very bad decisions.

I agree on all of these points. I've actually always thought that I'd get along very well with Bush. I've never thought he was a bad person.

As an artist, I'm still on the fence though.

I agree on all of these points. I've actually always thought that I'd get along very well with Bush. I've never thought he was a bad person.

As an artist, I'm still on the fence though.

That's fine.

Basically, the point of the thread was just to show another side to a rather complicated fellow.

Seems there is more depth to the man, than many, including myself, gave him.

The paintings are not likely to be hung in the Louvre.

On the other hand, they aren't bad at all.

I have tried simple pencil drawings of familiar faces. With the sole exception of a fair job on Mr. Spock, I don't think anybody would ever recognize the person I had intended to depict. It is not easy. Or, it is not easy for most of us.

In fact, I think W captured more than just a physical like-ness in some of those pictures. There is something deeper going on in a couple of them. There is a seething emotion (and it's not pleasant) just below the surface of Putin's face in Pres. Bush's painting of Vlad Putin, for example.

Real artists do tend to take it deeper than just the surface. Maybe ol' W has some true artistic talent.

Of course, I am no art critic. I still don't really "get" why some modern art paintings (like many of Picasso's works) are deemed "good" art.

The bolded: I concur.

They look like caricatures.

caricatures

:thup:

Forum List

Back