George Zimmerman

On one of take shows on CNN a caller ask the following: 'Why didn't Trayvon Martin simply disconnect the call from Rachel Jeantel and call 911 if he felt threaten?' The women host went to a commercial.

Because Sanford cops were either just as likely or more likely to blast Mr. Martin.

no. that's not what i am saying. but what was so suspicious about trayvon? he had ice and skittles in hand.

what he had in his hand is irrelevant. Zimmerman never even mentioned to the 911 officer that the suspicious individual was carrying something.

I have a question.....

A 6 foot tall man was walking through a closed neighborhood. The community night watchman did not recognize him as a resident.

What should the watchman do at that point?

Everyone has already answered this question repeatedly: you call the police and wait for them to deal with it. You don't get out of your car and follow the guy especially you don't do it carrying a loaded, concealed firearm.

Apparently you don't understand the legality of concealed weapons.

It's sad, and what most of you are saying is mostly true but shouldn't we have just little more empathy for a teenage girl? It's not like she's reached the late lame Whitney Houston's level of stupid yet although she's already ahead of the curve.

she is a legal adult.

It doesn't matter, she's a young woman.

I believe this whole Zimmerman thing is starting to bring the Storm Front out in some of you although there is plenty of blame that can be pointed to the left as well.

The jury has ruled, let it go. You have bigger fish to fry. You need not be divided by this crap when there is so much more important crap out there to divide you.

Based on what I am seeing here....

A white person can never have an altercation with a black person that is not racially motivated.

A white person is a racist if he assumes a black person is up to no good.

A white person ONLY argues with a black person if he/she is a racist.

Is that what you are saying nia588?

no. that's not what i am saying. but what was so suspicious about trayvon? he had ice and skittles in hand.

He was walking alone at night in the rain and looking into windows. That's certainly suspicious.

On one of take shows on CNN a caller ask the following: 'Why didn't Trayvon Martin simply disconnect the call from Rachel Jeantel and call 911 if he felt threaten?' The women host went to a commercial.

Because Sanford cops were either just as likely or more likely to blast Mr. Martin.

Indeed. It doesn't take a sociological genius or even a nitwit who remembers what America was like in the 1960s to know that Black people have learned that they don't call the cops.

I'm white, blue-eyed, blonde and I can't stand cops. I can't imagine what it is like to be born a black male in this country and be confronted by a fucking idiot like Zimmerman. And not knowing the fucking idiot had a gun

what he had in his hand is irrelevant. Zimmerman never even mentioned to the 911 officer that the suspicious individual was carrying something.

I have a question.....

A 6 foot tall man was walking through a closed neighborhood. The community night watchman did not recognize him as a resident.

What should the watchman do at that point?

Everyone has already answered this question repeatedly: you call the police and wait for them to deal with it. You don't get out of your car and follow the guy especially you don't do it carrying a loaded, concealed firearm.

Legality of them is one thing; using common sense is another. He did not use common sense, nor did he use the guidelines of the Neighborhood Watch program, which is NOT to carry a weapon. The fact that it was legal to carry a weapon doesn't make it smart or ethically right to carry one. That's the problem here: you pro-gun people are so hung up on the legal right to carry a gun, you don't care who gets murdered. You don't care about anything else except the legal right to have a gun.

Zimmerman never confronted Martin.

Oh for chrissake.....You were there?

I know you don't read anything except one-liners from this board, but I thought Charles Blow's Op/Ed pretty much filled in the gaps of the Neanderthal mindset about this whole thing:

""" The system began to fail Martin long before that night.

The system failed him when Florida’s self-defense laws were written, allowing an aggressor to claim self-defense in the middle of an altercation — and to use deadly force in that defense — with no culpability for his role in the events that led to that point.

The system failed him because of the disproportionate force that he and the neighborhood watchman could legally bring to the altercation — Zimmerman could legally carry a concealed firearm, while Martin, who was only 17, could not.

The system failed him when the neighborhood watchman grafted on stereotypes the moment he saw him, ascribing motive and behavior and intent and criminal history to a boy who was just walking home.

The system failed him when the bullet ripped through his chest, and the man who shot him said he mounted him and stretched his arms out wide, preventing him from even clutching the spot that hurt.

The system failed him in those moments just after he was shot when he was surely aware that he was about to die, but before life’s light fully passed from his body — and no one came to comfort him or try to save him.

The system failed him when the slapdash Sanford police did a horrible job of collecting and preserving evidence.

The system failed him when those officers apparently didn’t even value his dead body enough to adequately canvass the complex to make sure that no one was missing a teen.

The system failed him when he was labeled a John Doe and his lifeless body spent the night alone and unclaimed.

The system failed him when the man who the police found standing over the body of a dead teenager, a man who admitted to shooting him and still had the weapon, was taken in for questioning and then allowed to walk out of the precinct without an arrest or even a charge, to go home after taking a life and take to his bed.

The system failed him when it took more than 40 days and an outpouring of national outrage to get an arrest.

The system failed him when a strangely homogenous jury — who may well have been Zimmerman’s peers but were certainly not the peers of the teenager, who was in effect being tried in absentia — was seated.

The system failed him when the prosecution put on a case for the Martin family that many court-watchers found wanting.

The system failed him when the discussion about bias became so reductive as to be either-or rather than about situational fluidity and the possibility of varying responses to varying levels of perceived threat.

The system failed him when everyone in the courtroom raised racial bias in roundabout ways, but almost never directly — for example, when the defense held up a picture of a shirtless Martin and told the jurors that this was the person Zimmerman encountered the night he shot him. But in fact it was not the way Zimmerman had seen Martin. Consciously or subconsciously, the defense played on an old racial trope: asking the all-female jury — mostly white — to fear the image of the glistening black buck, as Zimmerman had.

This case is not about an extraordinary death of an extraordinary person. Unfortunately, in America, people are lost to gun violence every day. Many of them look like Martin and have parents who presumably grieve for them. This case is about extraordinary inequality in the presumption of innocence and the application of justice: why was Martin deemed suspicious and why was his killer allowed to go home?

Sometimes people just need a focal point. Sometimes that focal point becomes a breaking point. """

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/opinion/the-whole-system-failed.html?pagewanted=all

Based on what I am seeing here....

A white person can never have an altercation with a black person that is not racially motivated.

A white person is a racist if he assumes a black person is up to no good.

A white person ONLY argues with a black person if he/she is a racist.

Is that what you are saying nia588?

He was walking alone at night in the rain and looking into windows. That's certainly suspicious.

after hours of clarification--'George Zimmerman said he was looking into windows...' and so on. He was walking alone. I just don't have the time for any more of this.

--Neighborhood Watch Captain
--There had been previous break ins
--Yes, I suppose it was to be expected that he would be suspicious

but--fill in whatever you like.

Random headlines cross my mind--'Father shoots son--dark night, heard a noise' and so many more.

I hope the gated community did install security cameras or more lighting in dark areas.

Legality of them is one thing; using common sense is another. He did not use common sense, nor did he use the guidelines of the Neighborhood Watch program, which is NOT to carry a weapon. The fact that it was legal to carry a weapon doesn't make it smart or ethically right to carry one. That's the problem here: you pro-gun people are so hung up on the legal right to carry a gun, you don't care who gets murdered. You don't care about anything else except the legal right to have a gun.

And that's the problem with you anti-gun people. You don't care if one was proven not guilty, you still lie and say Zimmerman murdered someone. He didn't.

Zimmerman never confronted Martin.

Oh for chrissake.....You were there?

I know you don't read anything except one-liners from this board, but I thought Charles Blow's Op/Ed pretty much filled in the gaps of the Neanderthal mindset about this whole thing:

""" The system began to fail Martin long before that night.

The system failed him when Florida’s self-defense laws were written, allowing an aggressor to claim self-defense in the middle of an altercation — and to use deadly force in that defense — with no culpability for his role in the events that led to that point.

The system failed him because of the disproportionate force that he and the neighborhood watchman could legally bring to the altercation — Zimmerman could legally carry a concealed firearm, while Martin, who was only 17, could not.

The system failed him when the neighborhood watchman grafted on stereotypes the moment he saw him, ascribing motive and behavior and intent and criminal history to a boy who was just walking home.

The system failed him when the bullet ripped through his chest, and the man who shot him said he mounted him and stretched his arms out wide, preventing him from even clutching the spot that hurt.

The system failed him in those moments just after he was shot when he was surely aware that he was about to die, but before life’s light fully passed from his body — and no one came to comfort him or try to save him.

The system failed him when the slapdash Sanford police did a horrible job of collecting and preserving evidence.

The system failed him when those officers apparently didn’t even value his dead body enough to adequately canvass the complex to make sure that no one was missing a teen.

The system failed him when he was labeled a John Doe and his lifeless body spent the night alone and unclaimed.

The system failed him when the man who the police found standing over the body of a dead teenager, a man who admitted to shooting him and still had the weapon, was taken in for questioning and then allowed to walk out of the precinct without an arrest or even a charge, to go home after taking a life and take to his bed.

The system failed him when it took more than 40 days and an outpouring of national outrage to get an arrest.

The system failed him when a strangely homogenous jury — who may well have been Zimmerman’s peers but were certainly not the peers of the teenager, who was in effect being tried in absentia — was seated.

The system failed him when the prosecution put on a case for the Martin family that many court-watchers found wanting.

The system failed him when the discussion about bias became so reductive as to be either-or rather than about situational fluidity and the possibility of varying responses to varying levels of perceived threat.

The system failed him when everyone in the courtroom raised racial bias in roundabout ways, but almost never directly — for example, when the defense held up a picture of a shirtless Martin and told the jurors that this was the person Zimmerman encountered the night he shot him. But in fact it was not the way Zimmerman had seen Martin. Consciously or subconsciously, the defense played on an old racial trope: asking the all-female jury — mostly white — to fear the image of the glistening black buck, as Zimmerman had.

This case is not about an extraordinary death of an extraordinary person. Unfortunately, in America, people are lost to gun violence every day. Many of them look like Martin and have parents who presumably grieve for them. This case is about extraordinary inequality in the presumption of innocence and the application of justice: why was Martin deemed suspicious and why was his killer allowed to go home?

Sometimes people just need a focal point. Sometimes that focal point becomes a breaking point. """

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/opinion/the-whole-system-failed.html?pagewanted=all

Yes, Trayvon experienced lots of fail.

after hours of clarification--'George Zimmerman said he was looking into windows...' and so on. He was walking alone. I just don't have the time for any more of this.

Random headlines cross my mind--'Father shoots son--dark night, heard a noise' and so many more.

I hope the gated community did install security cameras or more lighting in dark areas.

This is not a concern for the trial, but think about who you are taking up for. Who walks for miles in the rain for watermelon drink and skittles?

lean

Trayvon talking about it on facebook

Last edited:

That's the problem here: you pro-gun people are so hung up on the legal right to carry a gun, you don't care who gets murdered.

We do care. The gun prevented a murder.

Look.. another blatant baseless racist assumption

He was walking at the dinner hour - 7:00 pm - and there is no evidence he was not on the sidewalk or 'looking in windows'

In the summer months, that would be daylight, with guys on the 14th hole with plenty of time to finish.

:)

Last edited:

That's the problem here: you pro-gun people are so hung up on the legal right to carry a gun, you don't care who gets murdered.

We do care. The gun prevented a murder.

Zimmerman's life was never in danger. His injuries were superficial and "insigniciant."

This is not a concern for the trial, but think about who you are taking up for. Who walks for miles in the rain for watermelon drink and skittles?

lean

Trayvon talking about it on facebook

I still don't know who I am taking up for.

The trashing of reputations was thorough.

There have been times when my appearance led to assumptions that still concern me.

Completely different scenarios but I can remember the experiences.

Time to stop posting it would seem.

The Cleveland pervert is now facing over 900 charges. How our system works--GZ could have been tried on Child Abuse--that was a somber moment for me. Convict any way you can?
I am now thinking of things like this. One life, multiple lives--my mind is going here and going there.

Best I can do--my mother is in her 90's--every day it's --'I saw somebody walking up the street and I know they were casing the neighborhood...' Her Sunday School class emails alerts. And there have been some break ins in broad daylight.

To stay somewhat sane --I have to believe that every person who walks up the street--a bus stop is there--isn't intent on casing the neighborhood. They are idiots if they select our house--there is some comfort in that.

fwiw.

The girl is an idiot. But is it necessary to keep slandering this girl?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Jeantel stopped being a helpful teenage girl when she started making the rounds of whatever talk shows that would have her.

Forum List

Back