Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

`
Delta took a corporate stance, know full well the ramifications thereof. They had to have anticipated the reactions of the far right including boycotts, no tax breaks, mean looks and whatever they could throw at them. It was a calculated financial risk. Severing some 10% discount with the NRA, in the face of the anti-NRA mood the country is in, is good PR and advertising. The Georgia legislators knee-jerk reaction to Delta's move, makes the state look hick, and that's not good. The state of Georgia wants to look more metropolitan in order to attract the international business that uses their airport but don't stick around. It's all just business.
`

Delta pandered over fake internet outrage at the NRA....sad really

Actually, Delta took a neutral stance, they neither supported nor were against the NRA, they choose to be neutral on the issue of guns in the country.

and for that, they are the devil to way too many people
Be! They targeted the NRA WHy?

They did not target the NRA, they withdrew the offer for a discounted fare that was only valid one weekend a year. They did not say that if you are part of the NRA we do not want your business, they did not raise their fares to the city holding the NRA convention. They took a neutral stance, they said we will neither support nor fight against...Isnt that the stance we should want all business to take, to stay out of the social issues and just provide their service?

They publicly let it be known no more discounts for NRA members...they pandered to the nutjob leftist

Last edited:
I didn't realize we had so many snowflakes on this board.

Not me little boy, I've yet to meet anyone who can cause me internet anguish.

Well I am glad to know you are not a snowflake like those other liberals crying about my language.

I'm not a Liberal either, nor am I a Republican.

What do you think of the government trying to force one private company to give discounts to a different private company?

That isn't the point. The point is that the discounts were in place, they were removed for political reasons.

Did you whine like this when Delta pulled their support for the play that showed Trump being killed? Did you demand that Delta should give the play their money since they only pulled out for political reasons?

are you so deluded that you think only arrest violates the first amendment?

:cuckoo:

No, I suppose if the state of Georgia declined to renew Delta's business license, that would also qualify.

Refusing to give them a break on their taxes? Not so much.

Refusing to give them a break on their taxes UNLESS they do business with the NRA.

Absolutely unconstitutional!!!

Refusing to give them a tax break unless they discontinue discriminating.

Cite your Constitution requiring states to give tax breaks to anyone.

I didn’t realize that the NRA was a protected class. How is refusing to do business with an organization which is under investigation by the FBI for financial crimes and treason “discrimination”?

Refusing to give tax breaks doesn’t violate the Constitution. Making those tax breaks conditional upon the applicant making business arrangements with a private lobbying group, does.

I didn't realize you had to be a "protected class" - aka a professional leftist victim - to experience discrimination. Certainly doesn't show up in my dictionary under the definition.

For someone who probably spends a lot of time manufacturing "outrage" over discrimination, you don't seem to understand it very well.

I'm going to say this one more time, and I would like you to focus every bit of the tiny amount of attention and reading comprehension you have on it. CITE ME THE CONSTITUTION REQUIRING STATES TO GIVE TAX BREAKS TO ANYONE.

If you answer me one more time by simply asserting it as fact, I'm going to either assume that you know you're a lying sack of shit who can't respond, or that you are too pig-stupid to understand words.

I’ve answered the question multiple times. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

You have to be terminally stupid to keep asking the same irrelevant question over and over.

I DIDNT SAY DELTA HAS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO A TAX CUT.

I said that that Delta has a constitutional right to freedom of association and that the government cannot refuse to consider the legislation BECAUSE DELTA REFUSES TO GIVE DISCOUNTS TO NRA MEMBERS.

First Amendment freedom of speech and freedom of association.

Was on the tube a min ago....50 million dollar jet fuel tax exemption could be gone for Delta
that's gonna leave a mark.

It is going to leave a mark on the whole country. The tax break was not just for Delta, it was for all airlines flying out of Georgia. Since I do not think there is an airline that does not fly out of Atlanta, every airline will be affected and every airline will up their ticket prices due to this. All because Delta pulled their discounts for people flying to the NRA convention, which were the only people the discount applied to.
To affect gun laws on people who didn't break any laws to begin with.

Well I am glad to know you are not a snowflake like those other liberals crying about my language.

What do you think of the government trying to force one private company to give discounts to a different private company?

That isn't the point. The point is that the discounts were in place, they were removed for political reasons.

Ok, suppose that is the reason they were removed.

The question still remains...do you support the government trying to force one private company to give discounts to a different private company

It is a simple yes or no question.

Nope. But this is a different set of circumstances.

No, I suppose if the state of Georgia declined to renew Delta's business license, that would also qualify.

Refusing to give them a break on their taxes UNLESS they do business with the NRA.

I didn’t realize that the NRA was a protected class. How is refusing to do business with an organization which is under investigation by the FBI for financial crimes and treason “discrimination”?

Refusing to give tax breaks doesn’t violate the Constitution. Making those tax breaks conditional upon the applicant making business arrangements with a private lobbying group, does.

I didn't realize you had to be a "protected class" - aka a professional leftist victim - to experience discrimination. Certainly doesn't show up in my dictionary under the definition.

For someone who probably spends a lot of time manufacturing "outrage" over discrimination, you don't seem to understand it very well.

I'm going to say this one more time, and I would like you to focus every bit of the tiny amount of attention and reading comprehension you have on it. CITE ME THE CONSTITUTION REQUIRING STATES TO GIVE TAX BREAKS TO ANYONE.

If you answer me one more time by simply asserting it as fact, I'm going to either assume that you know you're a lying sack of shit who can't respond, or that you are too pig-stupid to understand words.

I’ve answered the question multiple times. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem.

You have to be terminally stupid to keep asking the same irrelevant question over and over.

I DIDNT SAY DELTA HAS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO A TAX CUT.

I said that that Delta has a constitutional right to freedom of association and that the government cannot refuse to consider the legislation BECAUSE DELTA REFUSES TO GIVE DISCOUNTS TO NRA MEMBERS.

First Amendment freedom of speech and freedom of association.

AND THE STATE HAS THE RIGHT RESCIND ANY AND ALL TAX ADVANTAGES WHENEVER THEY WANT TO.

The question still remains...do you support the government trying to force one private company to give discounts to a different private company

So, you don't support it, except for this time because it is for what you think is a good cause? Is that what you are saying? I am starting to think maybe you are a liberal, as only a liberal/statist could support such a move by the government.

Was on the tube a min ago....50 million dollar jet fuel tax exemption could be gone for Delta
that's gonna leave a mark.

It is going to leave a mark on the whole country. The tax break was not just for Delta, it was for all airlines flying out of Georgia. Since I do not think there is an airline that does not fly out of Atlanta, every airline will be affected and every airline will up their ticket prices due to this. All because Delta pulled their discounts for people flying to the NRA convention, which were the only people the discount applied to.
To affect gun laws on people who didn't break any laws to begin with.

What?

Where and when did the government violate the First Amendment? Who has been arrested for expressing their beliefs?

are you so deluded that you think only arrest violates the first amendment?

:cuckoo:

Please... how many lobbying groups get special deals...fake outrage:rolleyes:

So, you don't support it, except for this time because it is for what you think is a good cause? Is that what you are saying? I am starting to think maybe you are a liberal, as only a liberal/statist could support such a move by the government.

You're free to think whatever you wish, it has no bearing on me at all. This is discrimination plain and simple. Lesson? Don't let pussy, emasculated Progressives brow beat you into accepting their demands.

So it is discrimination not to give discounts? That is where you want to hang your hat now?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It is discrimination to give discounts, and then suddenly yank them and admit it's because you don't want to associate with "those people", yeah.

Would you like to ask the members of the NRA whether or not they feel discriminated against, or does that not matter because they deserve it?

Delta isn’t refusing to do business with NRA members. They’re Refusing to put money in the coffers of an organization which is openly encouraging attacks on law enforcement which is investigating them makes the NRA odious to patriot Americans.

An organization being investigated by the FBI for laundering millions of dollars from foreign governments and passing them through to candidates favoured by Vladimir Putin.

Why are you defending this affront to your freedom?

You kidding me right?..NRA is very pro law enforcement ...what world do you live in?:dunno:

You're free to think whatever you wish, it has no bearing on me at all. This is discrimination plain and simple. Lesson? Don't let pussy, emasculated Progressives brow beat you into accepting their demands.

I think perhaps you might want to learn the meaning of discrimination, it does not mean what you seem to think it does.

and now I know that you are at a minimum a statist.

What raw hypocrisy. If a company refused to give Planned Parenthood members a discount, Democratic-controlled legislatures would do whatever they could to take away any tax breaks that company was getting, never mind that Planned Parenthood, unlike the NRA, actually kills thousands of kids each year.

If the GA legislature believes that Delta is treating gun owners unfairly, it has every right to block tax breaks for Delta. It's that simple.
These craphats sent the IRS on to people who supported the tea party.

Fuck them, and fuck everything they say. You can't reason with them, they're fucking schizophrenic. We need to take a clue from Trump and just ignore them as white noise and carry on with doing the right thing while they flap mindlessly.

You do know that non-profit corporations can not legally promote or support a political party do you not. No of course you don’t.

These right wing groups - dozens of them, incorporated with political names and mission statements and the IRS rightfully raised questions about whether or not they were operating within the law.

And the IRS employees doing that questioning were REPUBLICANS.

Why is it that conservatives view any criticism or questions as “attacks”? Talk about screaming snowflakes.

lol

you need to get out more if you think todays cons don't love them some big gov

they just have no clue how to run it

So it is discrimination not to give discounts? That is where you want to hang your hat now?

It is discrimination to give discounts, and then suddenly yank them and admit it's because you don't want to associate with "those people", yeah.

Would you like to ask the members of the NRA whether or not they feel discriminated against, or does that not matter because they deserve it?

Delta isn’t refusing to do business with NRA members. They’re Refusing to put money in the coffers of an organization which is openly encouraging attacks on law enforcement which is investigating them makes the NRA odious to patriot Americans.

An organization being investigated by the FBI for laundering millions of dollars from foreign governments and passing them through to candidates favoured by Vladimir Putin.

Why are you defending this affront to your freedom?

You kidding me right?..NRA is very pro law enforcement ...what world do you live in?:dunno:

the one where the nra is being investigated

you're welcome

lol

you need to get out more if you think todays cons don't love them some big gov

they just have no clue how to run it

Oh, trust me, I know that the right/conservatism in this country are every bit as big government as the left. There is a reason I have not voted for either since 1992. The last actual conservative president we had was a guy name Calvin

As you are the one who resorted to vulgarity, it's pretty clear that you are a thin skinned wanker.

IOW

I am rubber
You are glue
Everything mean you say
Bounces off me
And sticks to you

What the fuck is vulgarity? Who the hell decides what words are vulgar and which are not?

Apparently you my lord. (rolling eyes)

What the fuck are you talking about.?

What raw hypocrisy. If a company refused to give Planned Parenthood members a discount, Democratic-controlled legislatures would do whatever they could to take away any tax breaks that company was getting, never mind that Planned Parenthood, unlike the NRA, actually kills thousands of kids each year.

If the GA legislature believes that Delta is treating gun owners unfairly, it has every right to block tax breaks for Delta. It's that simple.

Can you provide some examples of this happening?

Or even an example of a company that gives discounts to PP employees

it's very unfair to expect the nra snowflakes to pay full price, i guess.

When they stop giving disability discounts for the mentally handicapped then you'll be outraged...Nutter

What the fuck is vulgarity? Who the hell decides what words are vulgar and which are not?

Apparently you my lord. (rolling eyes)

What the fuck are you talking about.?

I am talking about all these snowflakes freaking out because I said fuck and hell.

Forum List

Back