Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

Right, I'm a statist who doesn't think big corporations should get special tax breaks because it's bad for small businesses. Did you come up with that argument yourself or did you get a third grader to help you?

No, do try and keep up. You are a statist because you are cool with the government trying to force one private entity to give financial discounts to another private entity. no matter how many ways you spin it, you always come out as a staist that is far to the left of me.

When Delta is getting a perk not given to other companies from the people of Georgia, they should stay out of politics.

Don't know if there's a "perk not given to other companies" or not, but "staying out of politics" was exactly what Delta was trying to do. And some wackoff legislator was trying to coerce them into staying IN it.

Last edited:
Neither Delta nor any other airline is due a tax break for fuel

Bingo! This is it exactly. The Georgia legislature removed nothing that Delta was entitled to.

And if we switched parties, you'd switch to that Delta deserved it for being political. I would still oppose special tax breaks for big companies

And you assume I care about the political parties involved because?....

I don't care what party is being overly intrusive here. Democrats, Republicans, it doesn't matter; politicians will use government in ways they shouldn't regardless of political affiliation. I also don't care that it involves the NRA, nor Delta; it's the intrusive nature of the actions that bother me, not which companies or organizations are involved.

Whatever Delta may deserve, it should not be meted out by government in this instance.

Bingo! This is it exactly. The Georgia legislature removed nothing that Delta was entitled to.

And if we switched parties, you'd switch to that Delta deserved it for being political. I would still oppose special tax breaks for big companies

I don't care what party is being overly intrusive here. Democrats, Republicans, it doesn't matter; politicians will use government in ways they shouldn't regardless of political affiliation. I also don't care that it involves the NRA, nor Delta; it's the intrusive nature of the actions that bother me, not which companies or organizations are involved.

Whatever Delta may deserve, it should not be meted out by government in this instance.
Amazon tells Georgia FU we won't be moving there Good work Georgia idiots

Amazon tells Georgia FU we won't be moving there Good work Georgia idiots

Where do you get that Amazon was ever going to pick Georgia?

"staying out of politics" was exactly what Delta was trying to do

:eusa_eh:

Delta was trying to stay out of politics by ending an agreement that was used by 13 people to attack the NRA?

Leftists just get weirder and weirder ... and weirder ...

Only a leftist would care that a big corporation lost a special tax break other companies don't get because they decided to be political and attack the NRA.

Delta was getting a benefit from the people of Georgia. All of them, not just the leftists. Staying out of politics would have been a smart thing to do.

I'm glad they didn't. I oppose special tax breaks and I'm glad they lost it

Delta was trying to stay out of politics by ending an agreement that was used by 13 people to attack the NRA?

Again, I don't know anything about "13 people" nor could they possibly be relevant here but Delta was trying to stay out of politics by refraining from bestowing special treatment on a SIG that is in the political hot seat.

Your position is apparently that a private business must be forced, by government, to run a promotional discount on its own prices, according to the whim of a state legislator. That's why you're being called a "statist" right now. And rightly so. What Delta or any other business does with their own price schedules should be up to them, not some wackball state legislator looking for a grandstand to milk future votes from.

You are a statist because you are cool with the government trying to force one private entity to give financial discounts to another private entity

Can I have a hit of whatever you're smoking? That's got to be some good shit

It is known as reality, something you do not seem to be acquainted with

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Only a leftist would care that a big corporation lost a special tax break other companies don't get because they decided to be political and attack the NRA.

Delta was getting a benefit from the people of Georgia. All of them, not just the leftists. Staying out of politics would have been a smart thing to do.

Why do you keep lying about no one else getting the tax cut?

they decided to be political and attack the NRA.

Uh................................................................really.

And where exactly did Delta "attack the NRA"?

:dig:

Good god. Charging a standard customer a standard price is "attack" now?

You ARE a statist. Actually I still prefer my term: 'fascist'.

Again, I don't know anything about "13 people" nor could they possibly be relevant here but Delta was trying to stay out of politics by refraining from bestowing special treatment on a SIG that is in the political hot seat.

Your position is apparently that a private business must be forced, by government, to run a promotional discount on its own prices, according to the whim of a state legislator. That's why you're being called a "statist" right now. And rightly so. What Delta or any other business does with their own price schedules should be up to them, not some wackball state legislator looking for a grandstand to milk future votes from.

Strawman. That's your delusion, not my position.

And what was unclear about 13 people? I clearly said where the 13 people was in my post. How did you possibly not understand that?

And attacking the NRA is not political, you're just another leftist hack.

My advice to Delta would have been to stay out of it. They didn't need to take any position. I'm glad they didn't. I don't think any company should get a special tax break. It's just fascism. I want the tax eliminated for everyone or no one. Skewing the market in favor of big corporations is anti-capitalist

You are a statist because you are cool with the government trying to force one private entity to give financial discounts to another private entity

Can I have a hit of whatever you're smoking? That's got to be some good shit

It is known as reality, something you do not seem to be acquainted with

Your making up positions I don't have, never said and don't think is "reality?"

Can I have a hit of whatever you're smoking? It sounds like some good shit ...

Why do you keep lying about no one else getting the tax cut?

You didn't know it's a special tax break? Seriously? Haven't you read any of the articles on the thread you keep posting in?

Another lie from you, Delta did not attack anyone

Publicly announcing that they are eliminating a group deal for the NRA is not attacking them. Got it.

Oh, and you're not a leftist.

I'm learning a lot of interesting things ...

they decided to be political and attack the NRA.

Uh................................................................really.

And where exactly did Delta "attack the NRA"?

:dig:

Good god. Charging a standard customer a standard price is "attack" now?

You ARE a statist. Actually I still prefer my term: 'fascist'.

Charging a standard customer a standard price is not an attack and I never said it was. Publicly announcing they were doing it because "NRA" is attacking them. If we were talking about a leftist group, you'd suddenly get it.

And you don't know what a fascist is, you far closer fit the definition than I do

Publicly announcing they were doing it because "NRA" is attacking them.

Is not sentence.

And you don't know what a fascist is, you far closer fit the definition than I do

Hey, you're the one cheering on government coercion to influence how a company operates its own business. Now me, I don't believe government has any such right to meddle in how a business chooses its own policies. What that makes me is a "Liberal".

Forum List

Back