Georgia you rock!

It is likely it will not happen because this does not really hurt Delta at all.
Yeap...but getting shitbird, lefty panties in a knot...priceless.

You are the liberal in this discussion. Only a liberal can support such government intrusion into private businesses

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Incorrect...I am the liberal in the discussion because i am in favor of government removing tax breaks from large corporations. Get your roles correct dullard.

Not quite. The same people who are taking away the tax break are the ones who pushed FOR the tax break a few weeks ago.

This is about using taxes as a weapon to punish Delta. This is about gov't interference in the worst way.

You are the liberal in this discussion. Only a liberal can support such government intrusion into private businesses

Incorrect...I am the liberal in the discussion because i am in favor of government removing tax breaks from large corporations. Get your roles correct dullard.

If only that is what the government was doing, you might have a point, but as it is what the government is doing is interfering with the business decisions between two companies, and you are cheering it on like a good little statist.

It's okay for the government to specifically punish a private business because they disagree with an individual and legal business decision?

Yikes. Conservatism sure is going in an interesting direction.
Wow, sounds like you are for Corporate Welfare? Why should Delta get a tax break while the poor don't?

I have no problem with tax breaks for corporations are removed.

What I do have a problem with is elected officials using the tax system to punish a private company for doing something perfectly legal. This is gov't interference in the worst possible way.

Which is why the "conservatives" on this board are so happy with it, they love nothing more than for the government to interfere with private companies and individuals.
I think there’s more to it than that. Maybe a bit of “ How do YOU like it?”; in response to incidents like the bakery...

This is mental isnt it ?

Presumably they were initially offered the tax break as it would have benefited Georgia in some way ?
After all there are no free lunches.

And now they are withdrawing that support for what seem to be reasons unrelated to Georgia.

What does Georgia get out of this ?
Retribution

-Geaux

Retribution for what? Did Delta attack Georgia?

It's okay for the government to specifically punish a private business because they disagree with an individual and legal business decision?

Wow, sounds like you are for Corporate Welfare? Why should Delta get a tax break while the poor don't?

What I do have a problem with is elected officials using the tax system to punish a private company for doing something perfectly legal. This is gov't interference in the worst possible way.

Which is why the "conservatives" on this board are so happy with it, they love nothing more than for the government to interfere with private companies and individuals.
I think there’s more to it than that. Maybe a bit of “ How do YOU like it?”; in response to incidents like the bakery...

Either way, this just increases the speed at which we rush to the left as a country. And it is a perfect example of a large group of people putting their party before their country.

Who has Delta refused service to?

Either way, this just increases the speed at which we rush to the left as a country. And it is a perfect example of a large group of people putting their party before their country.
This is what binary, either/or, all-or-nothing thinking creates.

If a person refuses to give an inch, they run the risk of losing it all.

This is mental isnt it ?

Presumably they were initially offered the tax break as it would have benefited Georgia in some way ?

And now they are withdrawing that support for what seem to be reasons unrelated to Georgia.

Retribution

-Geaux

Delta took away a discount for one weekend a year to one specific location. That is all. Something that maybe 1000 people in Georgia took advantage of, and that is probably higher than real number

It's the left who want corporations to pay their fair share.
You should be happy that Delta will pay 50 million more in taxes.

Correct, the Moon Bats should be glad that Delta now has to pony up $50 million more to into the Georgia state coffers. The welfare queens in Atlanta should be ecstatic.

I hope the Board of Directors for Delta takes that $50 million out of the bonuses of the nitwits that made the decision to hate on the NRA.

Ticket sales goes up for individuals in Georgia.
Taxes are not paid by individual businesses.

Actually you are right.

Corporate taxes are never paid for out of actual profits because taxes is a business expense passed on to the consumer.

Moon Bats need to understand that when they are bitching about taxing the corporations because they are really just taxing themselves.

However, in this case it would have made Delta more competitive by having $50 million less in expenses. They will have higher ticket prices because of losing the incentive and hopefully less business.

Not quite. The same people who are taking away the tax break are the ones who pushed FOR the tax break a few weeks ago.

This is about using taxes as a weapon to punish Delta. This is about gov't interference in the worst way.
Well, do you know what the tax breaks were commensurate upon? I don't but there may be something to it there? I do know that the state has a right to pull any potential tax benefits to a company if that company violates either codes of conduct or laws to include anti-discrimination. Delta punishing NRA and it's members for an act which cannot be directly tied to the NRA is in many eyes a discriminatory act. I tend to agree.

This is mental isnt it ?

Retribution

-Geaux

No, Delta attacked Georgia lawmakers constituents

-Geaux

Correct, the Moon Bats should be glad that Delta now has to pony up $50 million more to into the Georgia state coffers. The welfare queens in Atlanta should be ecstatic.

I hope the Board of Directors for Delta takes that $50 million out of the bonuses of the nitwits that made the decision to hate on the NRA.

Actually you are right.

Corporate taxes are never paid for out of actual profits because taxes is a business expense passed on to the consumer.

Moon Bats need to understand that when they are bitching about taxing the corporations because they are really just taxing themselves.

However, in this case it would have made Delta more competitive by having $50 million less in expenses. They will have higher ticket prices because of losing the incentive and hopefully less business.

Except the fuel tax break was for all airlines and not just Delta, so there is no competitive advantage for anyone.

This is mental isnt it ?

Retribution

-Geaux

-Geaux
Its very tenuous.How many complained to their local politicians ?

This is mental isnt it ?

Retribution

-Geaux

-Geaux

Delta removed a discount for NRA members. That is an attack?

It’s not the issue of refusing service. It’s a matter of virtue signaling from a position of authority. Much like the California bakers had their rights stepped on by their government, for the purpose of California displaying that they support gay marriage... Georgia is signaling to this company that it stands with gun owners, and the 2A.

Well, do you know what the tax breaks were commensurate upon? I don't but there may be something to it there? I do know that the state has a right to pull any potential tax benefits to a company if that company violates either codes of conduct or laws to include anti-discrimination. Delta punishing NRA and it's members for an act which cannot be directly tied to the NRA is in many eyes a discriminatory act. I tend to agree.

Delta removed a discount that was only good one weekend a year for people flying to the NRA convention. How is that a punishment? And even if it is a punishment, what could possibly be illegal about it?

You are cheering the government getting involved in a dispute between two private companies, a dispute about nothing that is even remotely tied to anything legal. This is a dangerous precedent to set, anything that is allowed to happen once will become the norm in a short amount of time. Is this really the role you want governments playing in your country?

This is mental isnt it ?

Retribution

-Geaux

-Geaux

And the others, yes

-Geaux

It’s not the issue of refusing service. It’s a matter of virtue signaling from a position of authority. Much like the California bakers had their rights stepped on by their government, for the purpose of California displaying that they support gay marriage... Georgia is signaling to this company that it stands with gun owners, and the 2A.

The bakers were punished for refusing service. Delta did not do that. Delta removed a discount. It was an act to remain neutral in the debate.

But you applaud the state using the tax system as a weapon to punish legal actions they don't like?

I have flown with firearms in checked baggage using Continental, Southwest, and Delta. Delta was, by far, the easiest to deal with.

Actually you are right.

Except the fuel tax break was for all airlines and not just Delta, so there is no competitive advantage for anyone.

Except that is a major hub for Delta.

This is mental isnt it ?

Retribution

-Geaux

-Geaux

And the others, yes

-Geaux

I miss the days when conservatives were for smaller, less intrusive gov't. This is bullshit. This is extortion.

Forum List

Back