🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gerrymander the Electoral College?

Democrats want to abolish the Electoral College so that they can rig Presidential elections through big city voter fraud, which has been documented for years. Why do they oppose voter I.D. laws when I.D.s are needed to drive a car, purchase alcohol or tobacco, or vote in Canada? "Voter suppression" is just another race-card slogan which is used to remind white voters of their guilt over slavery and segregation. Isn't 50 years enough time to get over it?

Democrats want to abolish the Electoral College so that they can rig Presidential elections through big city voter fraud, which has been documented for years. Why do they oppose voter I.D. laws when I.D.s are needed to drive a car, purchase alcohol or tobacco, or vote in Canada? "Voter suppression" is just another race-card slogan which is used to remind white voters of their guilt over slavery and segregation. Isn't 50 years enough time to get over it?

If the electoral college was abolished, the Dems would still win huge with the popular vote. Isn't that becoming obvious? Or are you one of the GOPPers who wish the good old bad old days of poll tax and segregation were returned?

It seems that Republicans are now considering a new idea to try to win the WH next time.

They want to divide up the electoral college votes along gerrymandered House election districts. Considering that the House Dems got over 1,000,000 more votes than House Republicans, yet the GOP retained control of the House, I don't think this is a good idea.

They worked out the math for it on this last election, and if the Red State plan (those are the people who thought it up) were applied, Obama still would have won the popular vote by over a million votes, but he would have lost the electoral college and Mittens would have won.

Fortunately, since this idea has made it into the public, many Reps who were for this idea are now against it (Rove among them), because they know it would be a disaster for them publicly. However, MI is still considering going with this.

Anyone else still think that the GOP plays fair with elections?
No, and apparently they no longer strive to appear fair.

I've always favored dividing electoral votes based on a percentage of the popular vote within a state. It would force candidates to campaign in all states instead of a few swing states. It's not a new idea, a few states already split their electoral votes.

I've always favored dividing electoral votes based on a percentage of the popular vote within a state. It would force candidates to campaign in all states instead of a few swing states. It's not a new idea, a few states already split their electoral votes.

I like the idea also, it would change the way candidates campaign and force them wide target, instead of narrow targeting.

I like the idea also, it would change the way candidates campaign and force them wide target, instead of narrow targeting.

Yep, but you better watch that violent rhetoric, the leftist will accuse you of wanting people killed with that targeting talk. LOL

It seems that Republicans are now considering a new idea to try to win the WH next time.

They want to divide up the electoral college votes along gerrymandered House election districts. Considering that the House Dems got over 1,000,000 more votes than House Republicans, yet the GOP retained control of the House, I don't think this is a good idea.

They worked out the math for it on this last election, and if the Red State plan (those are the people who thought it up) were applied, Obama still would have won the popular vote by over a million votes, but he would have lost the electoral college and Mittens would have won.

Fortunately, since this idea has made it into the public, many Reps who were for this idea are now against it (Rove among them), because they know it would be a disaster for them publicly. However, MI is still considering going with this.

It's simple; if Republicans push this agenda, then it's time for Dems to make a massive push to abolish the EC. If Republicans really want a bloodbath, then they will go down this road.

That is a completely different idea from breaking down the EC votes for each Congressional District. That basically would be the same as just going by the popular vote.

Do you think the Dems do?

Really, You think this is a Republican Idea and it's new? Some states already do it fool.

It's a Republican idea this time, because right now, it would help Republicans.

I remember back in 2008, when Republicans in Nebraska tried to repeal Nebraska's "Congressional District Method" after Obama won the 2nd Congressional District and actually got an electoral vote from Nebraska.

It isn't new. Several states do it already.

More left wing faux outrage.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

Only two states do it this way, and their congressional districts aren't gerrymandered in such a way that someone could win the state and lose most of the electoral votes.

This is a bad idea to fix a bad system.

The idea that a candidate could win by five million votes, as Obama did, but could have lost the electoral college would probably offend a lot of people. It would lead to a presidency no one would have considered legitimate.

The simple solution- Popular Vote. Period.

Two rough elections for them in a row (though I guess it's four out of the last five if we go by popular vote totals) and they become convinced they can never win again? Crisis of confidence?

Two rough elections for them in a row (though I guess it's four out of the last five if we go by popular vote totals) and they become convinced they can never win again? Crisis of confidence?

It's five out of the last six. Republicans have lost the popular vote in 5 out of the last 6 elections.

The census in 2010 favored the Repubs for redistricting.
Dems gerrymandered it by making redistricting to still favor them.
When it favored the Dems everything was just fine.
Now that it favored the Repubs it's bad and the electoral college needs to be done away with.
States all across the country has taken this to court, well see how that goes.

Pima County is Liberal, they should have the electoral votes for a Dem.
Cochise County is conservative, they should have the electoral votes for a Repub.
This is the way a Republic is suppose to work.

Link?

Would it be safe to say that California is a pretty solidly blue state? Well, when the "Dems" did it, that blue state said "STOP" and passed legislation taking redistricting out of the hands of the legislators.

Now that it favored the Repubs it's bad and the electoral college needs to be done away with.

The EC needs to be done away with because we aren't that country anymore. It doesn't take a month for news to reach rural areas. The EC has outlived its usefulness. It happens.

Link?

Would it be safe to say that California is a pretty solidly blue state? Well, when the "Dems" did it, that blue state said "STOP" and passed legislation taking redistricting out of the hands of the legislators.

The EC needs to be done away with because we aren't that country anymore. It doesn't take a month for news to reach rural areas. The EC has outlived its usefulness. It happens.

Link
Impact of the 2010 Census - Forecasts & Trends - Investment Strategies, Analysis & Intelligence for Seasoned Investors.

It's a sea of red when you go by county.
Election maps

It's simple; if Republicans push this agenda, then it's time for Dems to make a massive push to abolish the EC. If Republicans really want a bloodbath, then they will go down this road.

Lol! Like all this hasn't been pushed before, I bet you have no clue as how little or how much support this even has, you probably read this thread and now you are crying.

Each state sets it OWN rules on how the electoral votes are cast, no the fed. So this has no chance of being anything but an excuse for Democrats to start crying about nothing. Virginia has a bill that most say won't get passed.

Each state has a right to configure the way they get to vote. Changing the system would change politics, it would force candidates to concentrate their time differently and states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida would not see the candidates dozens of times before the election and other areas would.

Also it would have helped Obama with his strategy this last election. He executed his pinpoint plan almost perfectly. So it would change strategy but both sides are good at getting the most out of the voters.

Forum List

Back