Gingrich: Obama Terror Speech 'Breathtakingly Naive'

Dude, the guy was a terrorist. Not seeing the problem here.

Of course, the only problem you see is Obama is succeeding where Bush failed miserably.

Obama murdered an American citizen without due process of law. It has already been established that terrorismis a crime to be dealt with in a court of law. But not for an American citizen. Obama has set a precedent that will cost this country's citizens forever after into the future. Now he wants to use drones on American soil. Obama is what the founding fathers fought against. And you, supposedly a 'rah rah rah freedom' liberal think it is OK to deny American citizens due process of law. It is not, and it has not been since the inception of this country.

There is no such exception for American citizens.

Exception? WTF are you talking about? The Constitution is American and under it Americans cannot be deprived of life, liberty, and property without due process of law.

Obama brings foreigners here to stand trial in our courts. Yet, he cannot afford due process of law to an American citizen. If this had been Bush you would have shit a squealing worm.

See, there's another one who thinks Obama killing terrorists is wrong.

So, someone accuses you of being a terrorist, you are cool with Obama sending a drone out for you. Groovy.

And what is your better plan? Let's say there's an Al Qaeda training camp in Yemen where members of al qaeda, plus some of its leadership, plus an American al qaeda or two.

How do you deal with them?

There is a process for America to assassinate their own citizens. It is the same process that was used against Adam Ghadan. They are tried in absentia, stripped of their citizenship, and now they are appropriate targets.

When a country starts assassinating its own people, that country has some pretty serious problems.

Obama murdered an American citizen without due process of law. It has already been established that terrorismis a crime to be dealt with in a court of law. But not for an American citizen. Obama has set a precedent that will cost this country's citizens forever after into the future. Now he wants to use drones on American soil. Obama is what the founding fathers fought against. And you, supposedly a 'rah rah rah freedom' liberal think it is OK to deny American citizens due process of law. It is not, and it has not been since the inception of this country.

Exception? WTF are you talking about? The Constitution is American and under it Americans cannot be deprived of life, liberty, and property without due process of law.

If they join al qaeda, the due process they were due is the AUMF, in which Congress gave the Commander in Chief the authorization to use military force against them.

There is a process for America to assassinate their own citizens. It is the same process that was used against Adam Ghadan. They are tried in absentia, stripped of their citizenship, and now they are appropriate targets.

When a country starts assassinating its own people, that country has some pretty serious problems.

See Rabbi? Here's another rightwinger who thinks President Obama is being too tough on the terrorists.

What's the count now?

[

Again, it's kind of hard to argue against this level of paranoia, so I'm probably wasting my breath.

The guy was in a foreign country at a known terrorist camp and declared himself an enemy of America. I think a trial was kind of besides the point.

There's a lot of valid things to criticize Obama for. But you guys do this and you come off like crazy loons.

I didn't hear Obama say anything about peace with terrorists. If you think that's what he is striving for, then I suggest you ask Osama Bin Laden and the many others who have been taken out under Obama's leadership.

This is just another ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome) hack thread with no substance, born out of far-right echo chamber that has unfortunately come to run what used to be a reasonable party.

[

What planet do you live on. We are not and were not at war with Yemen. Obama targeted an American citizen there and had him killed.

No, he targeted an Al Qaeda terrorist.

And since 9-11 we have been dealing with them in our courts of law. We were not at war with Yemen. The guy should have been brought here like his middle eastern buds have been and tried in an American court of law based on the evidence. The only evidence you have is Obama's say so that he was a terrorist, and you are oh so ready to accept that as justification for a death sentence carried out without due process of law. WTF kind of liberal are you anyway?

And how, pray tell, would you do that..

Exactly?

According to these 'due process' people,

if an Army sniper in Afghanistan had shot John Walker Lindh dead, he should be tried for the murder of an American citizen.

Actually the Constitution makes no such exception.

The rights extend to all people under American jurisdiction..citizen or not.

You're pulling a Lakhota here aka troll deflection.

Why not address the OP instead of a bullshit post going over the list of what you perceive to be Gingrich's failings?

I'm not incorrect.

Gingrich is a bigot and a racist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6Rs2MgGMI]Newt Gingrich wants Poor Children to Work as Janitors - YouTube[/ame]

Good speech....
Having local kids taking part in the upkeep of their school and getting paid to do it.
Or staying home playing video games and just screwing off.

He wasn't advocating it for White Kids.

if an Army sniper in Afghanistan had shot John Walker Lindh dead, he should be tried for the murder of an American citizen.

No.

Back then they were calling for his summary execution.

Exactly. Back then these people were mockingly asking if we were supposed to have read him rights first, on the battlefield;

now they're answering their own question 'yes'.

(I don't remember the exact date of their mass flip flop, but I know it was sometime in late January, 2009).

You're pulling a Lakhota here aka troll deflection.

Why not address the OP instead of a bullshit post going over the list of what you perceive to be Gingrich's failings?

I'm not incorrect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6Rs2MgGMI]Newt Gingrich wants Poor Children to Work as Janitors - YouTube[/ame]

Like I said Gingrich speaks over the head of the ignorant. and stupid anyone who pushes the racists card out of the point he was try to make is here is defiantly both ignorant and stupid

He was advocating that inner city kids, minorities, clean up the shitty toilets in the very school that they attend.

That..and the fact that he's generated a good amount of media about how superior White Christian Culture is to the rest of the world pretty much earns him a tags of racist and bigot.

No.

Back then they were calling for his summary execution.

Exactly. Back then these people were mockingly asking if we were supposed to have read him rights first, on the battlefield;

now they're answering their own question 'yes'.

(I don't remember the exact date of their mass flip flop, but I know it was sometime in late January, 2009).

These folks don't seem to remember their very own posts or the people who they were taking marching orders from were braying day to day on the air waves.

Hey..remember when Hannity said he would be tortured for charity?

:lol:

Hannity Offers To Be Waterboarded For Charity (By Charles Grodin!)

I'm not incorrect.

Newt Gingrich wants Poor Children to Work as Janitors - YouTube

Like I said Gingrich speaks over the head of the ignorant. and stupid anyone who pushes the racists card out of the point he was try to make is here is defiantly both ignorant and stupid

He was advocating that inner city kids, minorities, clean up the shitty toilets in the very school that they attend.

That..and the fact that he's generated a good amount of media about how superior White Christian Culture is to the rest of the world pretty much earns him a tags of racist and bigot.

He advocated hiring students to do the janitorial work at schools -- a sound idea. Do you think the shit cleans itself?

How about the idiots like Paulitician who think that it's just terrible that we killed an American citizen (who happened to be in Yemen at a terrorist training camp when we dropped a drone on his ass.)

Obama brings foreigners here to stand trial in our courts. Yet, he cannot afford due process of law to an American citizen. If this had been Bush you would have shit a squealing worm.

See, there's another one who thinks Obama killing terrorists is wrong.

You truly are clueless, aren't you, poor thing?

He advocated hiring students to do the janitorial work at schools -- a sound idea. Do you think the shit cleans itself?

And why isn't he advocating this in rich suburbs?

And what effect do you think having to work in the very same school you attend would have on academics?

And Gingrich was not only advocating for that..he wanted to bust a union.

You folks are really something else.

Dude, the guy was a terrorist. Not seeing the problem here.

Of course, the only problem you see is Obama is succeeding where Bush failed miserably.

How can you deal with anyone as ignorant as this? How does someone like this get through school? How did he learn to write?

...and he can vote.

No wonder we have a corrupt government.

The thing that really gets me about the Obamaites on here is that you howled at the moon over the patriot act, yet you support the murder of an American citizen without due process of law. So, for you it is worse to have someone listen in on your phone conversation than it is to murder an innocent American citizen.

I have a legal education, and I can tell you that guilt is a verdict that is determined in a court of law, and no such verdict had been rendered, so killing that man was nothing but murder, and that after bringing a foreigner here to stand trial in an American court of law.

There comes a time when everyone should consider what is going on and part company with their partisan idols if they are doing something that is unconscionable. You call me a partisan hack. Well, here's a flash: I didn't vote for Bush, either time. I spoke against the patriot act, and I still do. I was not cool with the war in Iraq, and I did catch the talk show in which his own father disagreed with about Iraq. I did support killing the man who had killed 500,000 of his own citizens, but he wasn't an American citizen, and I had a student who was Iraqi and told me personally far more about his reign than has ever been published. Even Bush's own father parted company with him, and yet you, so called liberals, lovers of American freedom, cannot part company with Obama on the murder of an innocent American citizen without due process of law. Standing up for your guy is one thing, going down a murderous path with him is something else, and that is what you are doing. That makes all of you a bunch of partisan hacks.

And, while I am now retired and living happily off the taxpayers, I still do keep my own house so I have things to do. I hope you will consider the paradoxical stance you have taken regarding American liberties and freedoms.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back