Gingrich: Obama Terror Speech 'Breathtakingly Naive'

Obama murdered an American citizen without due process of law. It has already been established that terrorismis a crime to be dealt with in a court of law. But not for an American citizen. Obama has set a precedent that will cost this country's citizens forever after into the future. Now he wants to use drones on American soil. Obama is what the founding fathers fought against. And you, supposedly a 'rah rah rah freedom' liberal think it is OK to deny American citizens due process of law. It is not, and it has not been since the inception of this country.

There is no such exception for American citizens.

How can you deal with anyone as ignorant as this? How does someone like this get through school? How did he learn to write?

...and he can vote.

No wonder we have a corrupt government.

:lol:

I should get paid for this..

Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The citizen thing was dropped for a DELIBERATE reason. Part of which has to do with reciprocity and trade.

Those are concepts that are a little over your head.

He was advocating that inner city kids, minorities, clean up the shitty toilets in the very school that they attend.

That..and the fact that he's generated a good amount of media about how superior White Christian Culture is to the rest of the world pretty much earns him a tags of racist and bigot.

He advocated hiring students to do the janitorial work at schools -- a sound idea. Do you think the shit cleans itself?

And why isn't he advocating this in rich suburbs?

And what effect do you think having to work in the very same school you attend would have on academics?

And Gingrich was not only advocating for that..he wanted to bust a union.

You folks are really something else.

I worked at the same schooI I attended and did very well, thank you. Lots of people work their way through school, many working for the schools they attend. I'm sure no one would object to the program being expanded to all school districts --though the students in well-off districts do not need the money as much. It seems like the program would benefit the students poorer districts more, no?

Public employee unions are a scam. Government workers are represented by elected government officials, There is no need for a union, other than to gouge the taxpayer.

What do you have against an honest day's work? It won't kill you. I promise.

Like I said Gingrich speaks over the head of the ignorant. and stupid anyone who pushes the racists card out of the point he was try to make is here is defiantly both ignorant and stupid

He was advocating that inner city kids, minorities, clean up the shitty toilets in the very school that they attend.

That..and the fact that he's generated a good amount of media about how superior White Christian Culture is to the rest of the world pretty much earns him a tags of racist and bigot.

He advocated hiring students to do the janitorial work at schools -- a sound idea. Do you think the shit cleans itself?

It was an idiotic and hateful idea, exhibiting his contempt for low income families and his ignorance of how working Americans earn a living.

This suggestion is, on its face, insane. It sounds like a bad Stephen Colbert joke. But if you stop and consider its merits for a minute or two...well no, it's still quite insane. And if you spend an evening researching the nitty gritty of what public school custodians actually do for a living, it turns out to be downright cruel.

Newt Gingrich Thinks School Children Should Work as Janitors - Jordan Weissmann - The Atlantic

For example, janitors work with highly toxic chemicals to properly clean a public restroom, particular those used by school children.

There is a process for America to assassinate their own citizens. It is the same process that was used against Adam Ghadan. They are tried in absentia, stripped of their citizenship, and now they are appropriate targets.

When a country starts assassinating its own people, that country has some pretty serious problems.

See Rabbi? Here's another rightwinger who thinks President Obama is being too tough on the terrorists.

What's the count now?

obama isn't too tough on terrorists, they have to be Americans before he can really show his bones. If they aren't Americans, if they HELP Americans he can get really tough on them. Dr. Afridi would tell you, but he can't. He's in a Pakistani prison because he GOT BIN LADEN. What's obama so afraid of anyway?

When a national leader finds it necessary to assassinate its own citizens, keeping secret the charges making assassination necessary, that country has very serious problems. These American citizens were declared to be terrorists by presidential authority alone. They might be, they might not be. We know that the 16 year old son with al Awaki wasn't charged with terrorism, nor is there any evidence that he was a terrorist. He just happened to be in the same car with his father. He too was assassinated. We have a man assassinated without any charges against him and a child assassinated who was never even a suspect. If you don't see a problem with this, you have to be a democrat.

There is no such exception for American citizens.

How can you deal with anyone as ignorant as this? How does someone like this get through school? How did he learn to write?

...and he can vote.

Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The citizen thing was dropped for a DELIBERATE reason. Part of which has to do with reciprocity and trade.

If you got paid, it would be for nothing -- a democrat dream job. There is no justification for killing Americans without due process of law.

None.

Try again.

According to these 'due process' people,

if an Army sniper in Afghanistan had shot John Walker Lindh dead, he should be tried for the murder of an American citizen.

The thing that really gets me about the Obamaites on here is that you howled at the moon over the patriot act, yet you support the murder of an American citizen without due process of law. So, for you it is worse to have someone listen in on your phone conversation than it is to murder an innocent American citizen.

I have a legal education, and I can tell you that guilt is a verdict that is determined in a court of law, and no such verdict had been rendered, so killing that man was nothing but murder, and that after bringing a foreigner here to stand trial in an American court of law.

There comes a time when everyone should consider what is going on and part company with their partisan idols if they are doing something that is unconscionable. You call me a partisan hack. Well, here's a flash: I didn't vote for Bush, either time. I spoke against the patriot act, and I still do. I was not cool with the war in Iraq, and I did catch the talk show in which his own father disagreed with about Iraq. I did support killing the man who had killed 500,000 of his own citizens, but he wasn't an American citizen, and I had a student who was Iraqi and told me personally far more about his reign than has ever been published. Even Bush's own father parted company with him, and yet you, so called liberals, lovers of American freedom, cannot part company with Obama on the murder of an innocent American citizen without due process of law. Standing up for your guy is one thing, going down a murderous path with him is something else, and that is what you are doing. That makes all of you a bunch of partisan hacks.

And, while I am now retired and living happily off the taxpayers, I still do keep my own house so I have things to do. I hope you will consider the paradoxical stance you have taken regarding American liberties and freedoms.

The AUMF allows the President of the United States to use the military to strike at Al Qaeda.

Are you disputing that Al Awlaki wasn't an agent of Al Qaeda and wasn't actively involved in plotting to kill American citizens and destroy American infrastructure?

Is that what you are saying?

...and he can vote.

Amendment XIV

Section 1.

If you got paid, it would be for nothing -- a democrat dream job. There is no justification for killing Americans without due process of law.

None.

Try again.

I'm sorry?

That's not what you posted.

You posted that I was "ignorant" of what the Constitution says..

And now..you've been shown to be wrong.

What other things DON'T you know about the Constitution?

Feel free.

if an Army sniper in Afghanistan had shot John Walker Lindh dead, he should be tried for the murder of an American citizen.

The thing that really gets me about the Obamaites on here is that you howled at the moon over the patriot act, yet you support the murder of an American citizen without due process of law. So, for you it is worse to have someone listen in on your phone conversation than it is to murder an innocent American citizen.

I have a legal education, and I can tell you that guilt is a verdict that is determined in a court of law, and no such verdict had been rendered, so killing that man was nothing but murder, and that after bringing a foreigner here to stand trial in an American court of law.

There comes a time when everyone should consider what is going on and part company with their partisan idols if they are doing something that is unconscionable. You call me a partisan hack. Well, here's a flash: I didn't vote for Bush, either time. I spoke against the patriot act, and I still do. I was not cool with the war in Iraq, and I did catch the talk show in which his own father disagreed with about Iraq. I did support killing the man who had killed 500,000 of his own citizens, but he wasn't an American citizen, and I had a student who was Iraqi and told me personally far more about his reign than has ever been published. Even Bush's own father parted company with him, and yet you, so called liberals, lovers of American freedom, cannot part company with Obama on the murder of an innocent American citizen without due process of law. Standing up for your guy is one thing, going down a murderous path with him is something else, and that is what you are doing. That makes all of you a bunch of partisan hacks.

And, while I am now retired and living happily off the taxpayers, I still do keep my own house so I have things to do. I hope you will consider the paradoxical stance you have taken regarding American liberties and freedoms.

The AUMF allows the President of the United States to use the military to strike at Al Qaeda.

Are you disputing that Al Awlaki wasn't an agent of Al Qaeda and wasn't actively involved in plotting to kill American citizens and destroy American infrastructure?

Even Saddam Hussein got a trial. I don't know if he was an agent of AQ or not. He was never tried for any crime which is what the American courts have held terrorism to be..

It was an idiotic and hateful idea, exhibiting his contempt for low income families and his ignorance of how working Americans earn a living.

This suggestion is, on its face, insane. It sounds like a bad Stephen Colbert joke. But if you stop and consider its merits for a minute or two...well no, it's still quite insane. And if you spend an evening researching the nitty gritty of what public school custodians actually do for a living, it turns out to be downright cruel.

Newt Gingrich Thinks School Children Should Work as Janitors - Jordan Weissmann - The Atlantic

For example, janitors work with highly toxic chemicals to properly clean a public restroom, particular those used by school children.

What an idiot you are. For example, you don't need "highly toxic chemicals" to do janitorial and maintenance work.

The fact that people can be upset with the idea of employing students to do work around a school is amazing.

WTF is wrong with you people?

Is there something demeaning in work? Is that it?

There is nothing mysterious about how Obama thinks and deals with issues. Be it foreign policy weakness or domestic scandals...he was weaned on communist theories, educated about racial injustices, taught to resent capitalism and live off the plight of the poor...and last but not least he ascended to power the Chicago way. So what did you expect?..

None.

Try again.

I'm sorry?

Feel free.

You remain ignorant of the Constitution, relying on your idiotic interpretation to support your idiotic interpretation.

Do you honestly think that your nattering is justification for killing an American without due process?

Think again.

And now, your ignorance is there for all to see.

Even Saddam Hussein got a trial. I don't know if he was an agent of AQ or not. He was never tried for any crime which is what the American courts have held terrorism to be..

You don't know what you're talking about. Al Qaeda terrorism is a war crime. If they survive the war but get caught...

Obama is simultaneously soft on terrorism and harsh on terrorists

If you had a legal education you might know that American citizens do not get a special immunity during war once they've joined forces with the enemy.

If you had a legal education you might know that American citizens do not get a special immunity during war once they've joined forces with the enemy.

I guess her response pretty much showed that you lied.

Obama is simultaneously soft on terrorism and harsh on terrorists

Obama Derangement Syndrome covers all its bases.

You're kidding.

Iraq was completely under the control and jurisdiction of the US when Saddam was caught. By the way, both his sons were "murdered".

And the trial was a complete sham. The whole fucking thing was a joke. It got so bad, they had to stop allowing it to be televised.

The whole Saddam capture was a blot on American justice as well. They took trophy pictures of him in his underwear to be blanketed in US media as well as taking an actual trophy which Bush kept at his desk.

I guess her response pretty much showed that you lied.

She's calling the killing of a member of Al Qaeda murder. That puts her squarely in the 'Obama is too tough on terrorists' camp.

None.

Try again.

I'm sorry?

Feel free.

You remain ignorant of the Constitution, relying on your idiotic interpretation to support your idiotic interpretation.

Do you honestly think that your nattering is justification for killing an American without due process?

Think again.

And now, your ignorance is there for all to see.

What idiotic interpretation?

You posted that my point that there is no exception to due process was wrong.

I showed you EXACTLY where that notion comes from..

Is ENGLISH not your first language?

Do you need it translated?

Nope. She objects because he was an American citizen.
You fail. Again.

Do you ever get tired of being shown to be an ignorant buffoon unable to debate issues?

Dude, the guy was a terrorist. Not seeing the problem here.

Of course, the only problem you see is Obama is succeeding where Bush failed miserably.

Obama murdered an American citizen without due process of law. It has already been established that terrorismis a crime to be dealt with in a court of law. But not for an American citizen. Obama has set a precedent that will cost this country's citizens forever after into the future. Now he wants to use drones on American soil. Obama is what the founding fathers fought against. And you, supposedly a 'rah rah rah freedom' liberal think it is OK to deny American citizens due process of law. It is not, and it has not been since the inception of this country.

Incorrect.

The Constitution requires due process, that could be either administrative or judicial. The Administration currently uses an internal review of each case to determine whether lethal force might be used against a particular terrorist.

This issue isn’t whether due process exists or not, but is the Administration’s internal due process policy sufficient.

When Anwar al-Awlaki’s father filed suit in Federal court seeking to enjoin the Administration from pursing the targeting policy, the judge in the case dismissed the complaint, as the president’s actions cannot be addressed by a court, it’s the role of the American people to determine if the targeting policy is appropriate or not in the political arena and at the ballot box:

In an 83-page opinion, Judge John D. Bates said Mr. Awlaki’s father, the plaintiff, had no standing to file the lawsuit on behalf of his son. He also said decisions about targeted killings in such circumstances were a “political question” for executive branch officials to make — not judges.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/08/world/middleeast/08killing.html?_r=0

Last November the American people had their opportunity to pass judgment on the Administration’s targeting policy.

Forum List

Back