Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers

Well, kids, you seem bound and determined to portray some of the 'anonymous' and 'photo-op' commentary as Liberals-only in nature, and it's not...

I don't think anybody is suggesting that it is inappropriate for a well-known and syndicated radio talk-show host like Beck from utilizing his high profile or reputation to do fundraising on behalf of the victims of such a disaster...

Some folks - myself included - suggest that showing-up with a couple of truckloads of in-kind goods and leveraging photo-ops of manual labor are a little too Show-Biz -ish to be real.

Want to push your audience and others over the airwaves to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for relief for the survivor-victims of the disaster?

Great! Way to go! Nicely done! Keep at it, if you can - they need as much help in that vein as you can manage for them, through all the usual Disaster Relief donation channels.

But spare us the do-it-yourself kit-car -caliber Circus Sideshow - the Great Disaster Relief Bugaboo Hopey-Changey Convoy of 2013", 'K? :razz:

You can donate money at mercuryone.org.

Glenn Beck is doing a great dead. He could have just sat around and did nothing, but he didn't. He found trucks and loaded them with food and took off to HELP HIS FELLOW AMERICANS.

And people like Lakhota have a problem with that. Crawl back under your rock Lakhota

Got any similar praise for President Obama?

Glenn Beck gave out of his own personal wealth and generosity.

Any help that Obama gets credit for is out of the hide of taxpayers.

Anyone who thinks Obama and Beck can be compared in this regard is an idiot.

It was cool for sure. This is a tragic thing that happened in Oklahoma and politics should be put aside.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? But the GOP pols from OK are scrambling to justify relief for the citizens of Moore while they voted against relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. So, you see, it's always political.

They voted against the PORK that the Dems put in that Sandy Bill......why can't the Dems approve a recovery bill without throwing other shit in it for their benefit???

Not true. They also voted against the first Sandy bill which was only 9 billion dollars.

You can donate money at mercuryone.org.

Glenn Beck is doing a great dead. He could have just sat around and did nothing, but he didn't. He found trucks and loaded them with food and took off to HELP HIS FELLOW AMERICANS.

And people like Lakhota have a problem with that. Crawl back under your rock Lakhota

Got any similar praise for President Obama?

Glenn Beck gave out of his own personal wealth and generosity.

Any help that Obama gets credit for is out of the hide of taxpayers.

Anyone who thinks Obama and Beck can be compared in this regard is an idiot.

President Obama is serving in the most dangerous job in America for a lot less money than Glenn Beck is making for running his mouth everyday.

You're right, there is no comparison.

Well, kids, you seem bound and determined to portray some of the 'anonymous' and 'photo-op' commentary as Liberals-only in nature, and it's not...

I don't think anybody is suggesting that it is inappropriate for a well-known and syndicated radio talk-show host like Beck from utilizing his high profile or reputation to do fundraising on behalf of the victims of such a disaster...

Some folks - myself included - suggest that showing-up with a couple of truckloads of in-kind goods and leveraging photo-ops of manual labor are a little too Show-Biz -ish to be real.

Want to push your audience and others over the airwaves to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for relief for the survivor-victims of the disaster?

Great! Way to go! Nicely done! Keep at it, if you can - they need as much help in that vein as you can manage for them, through all the usual Disaster Relief donation channels.

But spare us the do-it-yourself kit-car -caliber Circus Sideshow - the Great Disaster Relief Bugaboo Hopey-Changey Convoy of 2013", 'K? :razz:

Exactly. :beer:
Attention whoring is still attention whoring. It must suck for that type to be upstaged by an act of God that brings more wind than he does. What to do when the cameras turn? Move to a strategic position in front of them.

As already stated, if his motives were altruistic we'd never know about them. And to whatever extent he or anyone else actually has such motives -- we don't. But he sure doesn't miss the opportunity to play Mother Theresa when the cameras are rolling. I'm sure the good citizens of Moore appreciate their opportunity to serve as a stage prop.

He was the first to report about what the Home Depot store was doing there in Moore, Oklahoma.
He got the word out that Home Depot has lost dogs there being taken care of.
People like knowing what their donations are doing for the people.
This is just the beginning of donations. He will have more than just two truck loads of food, water, diapers and hot meals.
He did 10 truck loads of donations to the people who were in need from Hurricane Sandy.

Why is alright when liberals use their celebrity status for donations but it's not OK for Glenn?
Liberal donations do not go 100% to the people like the donations from Glenn.
Red Cross is the next best, with a little over 90% of donations going to the people.

He was the first to report about what the Home Depot store was doing there in Moore, Oklahoma.
He got the word out that Home Depot has lost dogs there being taken care of.
People like knowing what their donations are doing for the people.
This is just the beginning of donations. He will have more than just two truck loads of food, water, diapers and hot meals.
He did 10 truck loads of donations to the people who were in need from Hurricane Sandy.

Why is alright when liberals use their celebrity status for donations but it's not OK for Glenn?
Liberal donations do not go 100% to the people like the donations from Glenn.
Red Cross is the next best, with a little over 90% of donations going to the people.

They just don't understand if government isn't doing it.

dumbest strawman of the day or the year

no one said that, ever

and you know it

Oh my, suddenly as if by magic all the conservatives around here agree with ME that it is a legitimate role of the federal government to provide for the general welfare.

ha!!!!!

nice try liar.

no one said we don't need government, and no one said the private sector took care of the situation

that is two lies in one post

ha!!!!!!

i guess NYC realized he did in fact lie and ran away

This is a typical Beck dog & pony show.

Get back to us when you roll in with a convoy of supplies.

In spite of Oklahoma Senators Inhofe and Coburn opposing FEMA and past disaster aid to other states (including hurricane Sandy) - American taxpayers will be rolling in with many convoys of supplies and other relief. Obama will take care of Oklahoma.

You truly have my deepest sympathy for believing such things. :cuckoo:

He has raised $ 1,080,549.00 in donations in less than two days.
Hooray! for the people of America.
He is also giving out generators with gas for them.

It was nice to hear how Home Depot helped with everything in the store being free for two days.
Anything they need they gave out from flashlights to batteries to shovels .
It shoots down the left who think it's about a photo op or a sideshow and it being all about Glen Beck.
If it was all about him, he would not have shown what other people are doing to help out also.
His web site has pictures of the Minuteman Disaster Response. org trucks, Operation Blessing trucks and the Salvation Army trucks that are there also.

I don't agree with some of Glenn Beck's politics, but this is very generous what he is doing.

Convoy of hope: Glenn Beck arrives in Okla. with two truckloads of food, water and diapers | Twitchy

It's just a photo op. I's not coming out of his pocket.

Just shows you are running off at the mouth and you know nothing about Beck or his charity.

You are just being a measly liberal maggot who can't stand to recognize that a conservative has a heart.

In less than 24 hours he raised over $900,000. 100% of the donations will go to the victims of this tragedy.

$900,000.

Beck is neither charitable nor conservative. I believe he has a heart but I question if he has a brain.

It's just a photo op. I's not coming out of his pocket.

Just shows you are running off at the mouth and you know nothing about Beck or his charity.

You are just being a measly liberal maggot who can't stand to recognize that a conservative has a heart.

In less than 24 hours he raised over $900,000. 100% of the donations will go to the victims of this tragedy.

$900,000.

Beck is neither charitable nor conservative. I believe he has a heart but I question if he has a brain.

Well you are certainly going to be in the running for asshole liberal post for the day.

:lol:

$900,000.

Well you are certainly going to be in the running for asshole liberal post for the day.

:lol:

Really? The day is not over yet and there is stiff competition.

Forum List

Back